Dallas Morning News: Debate in Big 12 for Mizzou replacement L'ville and wvU | The Boneyard

Dallas Morning News: Debate in Big 12 for Mizzou replacement L'ville and wvU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Take UL please, please, please. We can survive without UL. WVU not so much.

Reaction Score
If Mizzouri leaves right away and Big East holds either team for 27 months cane they proceed for a couple years with 9 teams?

Reaction Score
"At least one source in the Big 12 has raised question of legal action for damages if schools can't fill or must pay $1M or more for game."

Big12 might wanna think twice on that.

Reaction Score
Big 12 won't be taking WVU. They dont want to head that far east.

Reaction Score
Big 12 won't be taking WVU. They dont want to head that far east.

They were considering BYU. It's 950 miles from Manhattan, Kansas, same distance to Morgantown, WV.

Louisville is only 350 miles closer than Morgantown.

I don't know that this is that big a deal.

I wonder though--could the Big12 be thinking that the SEC will come sniffing around again? They better be more concerned with Oklahoma leaving for the SEC.

Reaction Score
I want the Big East to collapse completely to force Notre Dame to join a conference.

What happens if ACC take RU instead of UCONN for the 16th spot? We gonna leave our fate to ND? Are you really serious?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To me, the most attractive program in the league for the Big 12 isn't WVU, it's Louisville, the fact it's closer is just a nice bonus.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is a total **** sandwich. I would rather lose WVU than Louisville.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is a total **** sandwich. I would rather lose WVU than Louisville.

I agree with you, but probably for a different reason. I imagine that you take the Catholic schools at their 'word' and they will bail on the hybrid model if Louisville is gone.

Reaction Score
"At least one source in the Big 12 has raised question of legal action for damages if schools can't fill or must pay $1M or more for game."

Big12 might wanna think twice on that.
can't fill what? pay $1m for what?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I hope they take BYU, and since they may need somebody for 2012, I doubt it's out of the question

If we retain our current six, bring a little stability, we can survive just fine

maybe even wind up better off, yet again

I know I know, that can't happen, just like it couldn't happen last time

Reaction Score
I am in with losing Louisville. Force Notre Dame to go to the ACC and bring us along!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't the ACC take Rutgers over Uconn? just curious.
Better question, why would they?

At best, Rutgers can be argued as equal with UConn in attributes that Rutgers can sell as positives (location, football, academics). Everywhere else UConn towers over Rutgers.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Can anyone give me the geographical location of a seismic event in the next 24 hours, the scale of the activity and the direction of the wave?

I always get a kick out of shows like Deal or No Deal, when the audience tries to egg on the contestant to keep going for higher and higher amounts of $$. Its easy to want someone to take an action when the stakes are emotional like it is for the audience and not concrete as it is for the contestant.

We can sit here and argue our opinions and act superior to the people who have the responsibility in making the decisions because our investment in the outcome is peripheral to the outcome. We won't be held accountable for an incorrect choice.

In an event in which WV and Ville are invited to the B12, and accept the invitation, there are two possible outcomes for UConn. Either UConn ends up in a BCS conference or it doesn't. And there is no certainty one way or the other about either possibility. I'm sure most people are arguing why they believe the potential for one side of the argument is more favorable vs. the other, but sometimes it becomes unclear to me whether people really believe they know events with certainty or are just sloppy in the way they write and forget to state they recognize their argument are only opinions and not certainties.

Reaction Score
If Mizzouri leaves right away and Big East holds either team for 27 months cane they proceed for a couple years with 9 teams?

That's a question on another post, and since schedules are set for 2012, I think that the Big 12 might have to look elsewhere. Who knows? This is really crazy!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members