Daily Campus Column: Ray Reid is on thin ice, and the university needs to make a decision | The Boneyard

Daily Campus Column: Ray Reid is on thin ice, and the university needs to make a decision

Reaction Score
I've read this writer's columns before. She does like to stir the pot.

One thing I believe she got wrong though was on Joe Morrone. It is stated that he was ahead of his time with international recruiting. From what I remember, Morrone was a staunch advocate of promoting American players for the college game, and that was the way he recruited when he was coaching at UConn. Ray Reid of course has gone big into recruiting international players.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Outside of the Morrone & international recruiting point, I can't disagree with her. They have been under performing these last few seasons.
The same can be said for Tsantiris. From his own UConn bio "Under his leadership, UConn has advanced to 29 NCAA National Tournaments, including 26 straight from 1982-2007. " Doing the high level math, only 3 tournament appearances in the last 9 seasons. Likely to be 3 in 10 after this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom