Dagger Vance! | The Boneyard

Dagger Vance!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Vital to start the game with a couple of 3's and Jackson in the second half.

Stat nerds assemble. When was the last time UConn had two frosh each with 40+ 3's in a season?

Reaction Score
Gotta make his one and ones in the second half.
LOL! That was CV like other posters mentioned. CV has been off the last few games shooting FT's.

Reaction Score
Not that it takes a lot for a guy 6'8" to dunk like that but Vance has sneaky athleticism

No, he really doesn't. Don't make him out to be a player he's not.

He's an elite shooter and really heady player with good IQ. He is not an elite athlete. The move to get by his man was amazing, the dunk itself wasn't particularly high flying by Amy means. Purvis gets just as high and is 4 inches shorter with T. rex arms.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Vance is the future, can't wait to see how he develops over the next couple of years. He is a match up nightmare

I LOVE him at the 4. He's the kind of 4 jay wright salivates over. Plays to his strengths: defense he can match up with someone slower and MOST college 4s aren't above 6'8-6'9. And he can use his ball skills drawing the big out of the paint. At 225-230 playing weight, he's even got about as much weight as facey.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Vital to start the game with a couple of 3's and Jackson in the second half.

Stat nerds assemble. When was the last time UConn had two frosh each with 40+ 3's in a season?

Vital and Jackson. These two have had an intense and unusual beginning to a college career. Both are solid recruits. Great additions to the team. Vance's 3 was just so big tonight. You know what I mean. As were the rest of his points, but he made some big shots for a freshman. He's coming along in an interesting way. Vance has got some game, but he has to keep getting better to approach a shot at his dream. Tonight, Vance was there when we needed someone to make the key play.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Vital and Jackson. These two have had an intense and unusual beginning to a college career. Both are solid recruits. Great additions to the team. Vance's 3 was just so big tonight. You know what I mean. As were the rest of his points, but he made some big shots for a freshman. He's coming along in an interesting way. Vance has got some game, but he has to keep getting better to approach a shot at his dream. Tonight, Vance was there when we needed someone to make the key play.
I don't care who is on the bench injured. They are going to have to earn Vance and Vital positions next year. It's funny how things happen. They both got huge experience this year. Who would of thunk. I was wondering at times why Vance was on the bench. He seemed to click right away.

Reaction Score
My standard complaint stands: Catch and shoot it Vance and lose that faking hitch! I'd love for him to watch Clay or even Ray Ray.

Glad he's a freshman because I can't wait until he loses that hesitation hitch (when open) on defenders and start Rashad-ing those 's!

Reaction Score
I LOVE him at the 4. He's the kind of 4 jay wright salivates over. Plays to his strengths: defense he can match up with someone slower and MOST college 4s aren't above 6'8-6'9. And he can use his ball skills drawing the big out of the paint. At 225-230 playing weight, he's even got about as much weight as facey.

If his defense doesn't improve he almost needs to be matched up at the 4, he was getting torched last night on that end. But he's a smart kid, I think he will eventually be a solid defender.

Reaction Score
Meaningless stat. Playing minutes they shouldn't be due to depleted roster for a terrible team that struggles to score in a 3PT era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom