D-Ham | The Boneyard

D-Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is clearly our most talented player and we need to him to play well in order to make the tourney. However, is this guy a cancer to the team right now? Every time the time is making a run, he dribbles carelessly or takes a bad shot. Love the guy and we definitely need him in the lineup, but KO needs to yank him for a couple minutes if he gets sloppy out there. Seems like he has been bickering at times with teammates (Not this Tulsa game but the two prior). Take care now. Depressed UConn fan out.

Reaction Score
I hate his mistakes as much as anyone, but any idea of what we do without his 14 rebounds tonight?

Reaction Score
If Dham doesn't get out of this funk and startsharing the ball while making better decisions on his shots we can kiss our NCAA tourney hoops goodbye. Without dham playing well we have very little chance of making the tourney as the rest of our talent is just mediocre for the most part or limited.

Reaction Score
He's 10-48 in the last four games. It's depressing that we all thought he was a go to guy and our next big star. We've all seen sophomore slumps but this is just ridiculous.

Reaction Score
If Dham doesn't get out of this funk and starting sharing the ball and making better decisions on his shots we can kiss our NCAA tourney hoops goodbye. Without dham playing well we have very little chance of making the tourney as the rest of our talent is just mediocre for the most part or limited.
I agree... But we need to get him the ball inside the 3 point line. Otherwise I don't think this funk ends.

Reaction Score
His behind the back dribbling for no reason drives me insane.

Reaction Score
He's 10-48 in the last four games. It's depressing that we all thought he was a go to guy and our next big star. We've all seen sophomore slumps but this is just ridiculous.

It's a slump. He didn't suddenly become a worse basketball player. He'll be fine. The team - who knows.

Reaction Score
Not sure I'm as down on D-Ham. Casting aside the last two games offensive effort, he was a double double machine. His play over the course of 1 1/2 years has been beyond consistent and stellar. However, every good player will slump on shooting end. That said, I think he should be pulled out of the game for a reset/breather and course correction than letting him stay out there to struggle. But, I place that at the hands of the coaches, not a sophomore 19-year-old kid. Also, looking back 3 games ago, this change seem to occur in D ham when there was such a big call for him to start taking over games. Quite frankly, if it's not broke why try to fix, especially when he was playing so well distributing, rebounding and very decent scoring. Anyway, he needs some good coaching and that starts with pulling him out when he slumps, remind him not to run and gun 3's when you're shots not falling, when you can drive and go for higher percentage shots to regain confidence. The worst thing in the world is to let your player stay out there to struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom