Cyber Monday | The Boneyard

Cyber Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Use it for a random act of kindness or donate it to a charity.

Reaction Score
be careful with cyber Monday deals. Always check the SKU and make sure it's not a made-for-black-friday model.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What?

Mostly this is an issue with TVs. They will down-content certain models and sell them as "46" HD TV for ______". They do this ordinarily for Walmart, Costco etc. anyway. Pulling out one HDMI port for example from the version sold at Best Buy. But always compare exact model numbers.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Mostly this is an issue with TVs. They will down-content certain models and sell them as "46" HD TV for ______". They do this ordinarily for Walmart, Costco etc. anyway. Pulling out one HDMI port for example from the version sold at Best Buy. But always compare exact model numbers.

That's what I thought. When I worked in tennis I knew a couple people who developed racquets. They said if a lot doesn't pass quality control, they are shipped off the Walmart, Dick's, etc.

I've heard this occurs in many industries. Tire companies sell a lesser quality tire to Costco, etc. Same name, and same warrantee, but the quality isn't as good.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's what I thought. When I worked in tennis I knew a couple people who developed racquets. They said if a lot doesn't pass quality control, they are shipped off the Walmart, Dick's, etc.

I've heard this occurs in many industries. Tire companies sell a lesser quality tire to Costco, etc. Same name, and same warrantee, but the quality isn't as good.

They need to change the product and SKU though. This is all about Robinson Patman Act price discrimination. In order to sell WalMart or Costco a TV for less than they charge Best Buy, the manufacturer has to sell a different thing. Sometimes they create unique bundles instead. So you will see the PlayStation 4 bundle with a certain game at one place, and a different bundle at a different place. They do it with appliances too, removing a small feature to allow reduced pricing.

So those tennis racquets that don't pass as the "Wilson Viper" will be probably be painted as the "Wilson Vector" and given a new sku. I doubt that Dicks is getting those though, the prices are generally high there.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
They need to change the product and SKU though. This is all about Robinson Patman Act price discrimination. In order to sell WalMart or Costco a TV for less than they charge Best Buy, the manufacturer has to sell a different thing. Sometimes they create unique bundles instead. So you will see the PlayStation 4 bundle with a certain game at one place, and a different bundle at a different place. They do it with appliances too, removing a small feature to allow reduced pricing.

So those tennis racquets that don't pass as the "Wilson Viper" will be probably be painted as the "Wilson Vector" and given a new sku. I doubt that Dicks is getting those though, the prices are generally high there.

This was 25 years ago. They were the same $200 racquets, but the ones that didn't pass quality control. They changed nothing from what I was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom