CW, so what is the best we can hope for? | The Boneyard

CW, so what is the best we can hope for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are NCAA and BE protocols? Do we wait 5 days, 10 days, from first positive test, from first negative test? Something else? Quarantine? Do we hope everyone else had Covid during the last shutdown? Kind of awful to be hoping people had Covid, especially our wonderful team. As was pointed out in another thread, who knows how many of the current active players are still sluggish and not fully recovered from Covid. I did hear Asia Durr is feeling better after over a year.

Reaction Score
Like Coach G said in the presser last night, nobody knows. It could be 5 days or 10 days. They won't know for sure until today or tomorrow. The main thing is that C-Dub takes her time getting cleared. Same with any other player. Just take the time to get better, if they have any symptoms.

sun

Reaction Score
What are NCAA and BE protocols? Do we wait 5 days, 10 days, from first positive test, from first negative test? Something else? Quarantine? Do we hope everyone else had Covid during the last shutdown? Kind of awful to be hoping people had Covid, especially our wonderful team. As was pointed out in another thread, who knows how many of the current active players are still sluggish and not fully recovered from Covid. I did hear Asia Durr is feeling better after over a year.
State & local orders supersede the NCAA requirements.
CT has relaxed its protocol for K-12 students.

• Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate at home for at least 5 days, or longer if symptoms develop and persist. A mask should continue to be worn for an additional 5 days at all times when around others.

• Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals who are notified that they have had a close contact with an individual who has confirmed or suspected COVID-19 should immediately quarantine at home and test for the virus 5 days after their last exposure, according to DPH.

Reaction Score
There is an article in the Courant about this.

"Based off local health guidance, UConn still uses a 10-day isolation period as the “baseline standard” but says an athlete who “is boosted or not booster eligible to exit isolation after five days. This would be contingent on the fact that the person is asymptomatic, and tests negative on Day 6,” the school said in a statement to The Courant Tuesday."

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Hopefully, the ones who got infected will not get Covid again till mid April !
At least to me this sentence does not go over very well. I sure hope you don't want anyone to ever get COVID-19, period!

Reaction Score
At least to me this sentence does not go over very well. I sure hope you don't want anyone to ever get COVID-19, period!
This kind of “gotcha” stuff is so bad! Why would you even go there? Just because someone makes a slightly awkward statement doesn’t mean they are some kind of monster!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Do we know whether she is in protocol because of a positive test or because of exposure to someone who tested positive? Do you sit out just because of exposure?

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
This kind of “gotcha” stuff is so bad! Why would you even go there? Just because someone makes a slightly awkward statement doesn’t mean they are some kind of monster!
I didn't think topdog's original post was "slightly awkward", and I still don't. However, he responded with an intelligent and thoughtful post, and I acknowledged it.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know for sure who is doing the testing at each campus and are all results reported. Is everything being done universally the same at all colleges…I find it difficult to believe that there are some college players, or entire teams who have had zero positive testing. Does anyone else have these same thoughts or am I just very suspicion of what might be happening behind closed doors. Please note this is just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I like the way the NHL does testing. Once you have had the Vid you don’t need to get tested again for 90 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom