CW gets it | The Boneyard

CW gets it

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Senior Forward Napheesa Collier
On the play of Christyn Williams and if something has clicked:
"I do think so. One thing with Christyn is she's really confident, even though she wasn't playing as well, she stayed really confident. She knows she's a good player, she knows that we think she's a good player. Freshmen have ups and downs. She went through a down stage, and I think she's back on the rise right now. She's still as confident as she ever was, and I'm not worried about her."

UConn-South Carolina Postgame Quotes - University of Connecticut Athletics

Reaction Score
"play my natural game, not over-think". Maybe coaches get players over-thinking, especially early in their careers. Something that really stands out to me is that I don't see her forcing things much, even at her young age. That's very difficult for any player, as she mentioned when talking about being aggressive, and the fine line between taking what's given to you and forcing things. I think she has a really high basketball IQ.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What a great interview. So self aware as a freshman. And she could barely contain her excitement. What a joy. :):):)

Squeaks and bubbles from the Okey Dokey kid! Her personality is infectiously up beat. I can see this scene of a little Geno office serious chat. About half way through Geno asks "Are you getting what I'm saying Crystal? Cuz if you are you shouldn't be smiling. Okay? CW: "Smiling? I thought I was frowning." Geno goes to the hair rub!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
CW's interview time was = Lou + Pheesa. :eek::oops::cool::)

I noticed that too. They hope she's say something like "Are you feeling us yet, are you." But she' talkative and fun. Phee the laconic. Lou cutting right to it and has the Geno line down pat.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
CW is very strong and very high energy. Go look at the first UConn O play of the second half. Two O rebounds and a put back .

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Aside from her talent as a basketball player, Christyn is one of the happiest, most upbeat young ladies I’ve ever seen. Whatever else she does in her life, I hope she always maintains her positive outlook and wonderful personality.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
and in front of a camera. It's fun listening to a player who is perhaps a little less guarded in some of their responses.

Yes, she certainly has a fun personality. Unfortunately, after her preseason faux pas, I doubt we'll get anything as provocative as "People are going to feel UConn" again.

And honestly, that's not provocative at all. It just sticks out among the uniformly anodyne answers typically given by players. The women's college game could use a bit more banter.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, my goodness. Looks like The Old Dude and The Rock can do it to it!:cool:
Yeahyeah. Show 'em how you do it now. And yes, I own this 12" single.

Reaction Score
After years of watching Notre Dame and others (i.e. SC last night) physically drive into UConn players and get foul calls, love having a strong, physically gifted guard who can do the same. When she has the confidence to drive, few are strong enough to stop her.

Reaction Score
Aside from her talent as a basketball player, Christyn is one of the happiest, most upbeat young ladies I’ve ever seen. Whatever else she does in her life, I hope she always maintains her positive outlook and wonderful personality.

Christyn is the Princess of Happy,,,,KML is the all-time Queen.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest problem freshman have is attempting to do too much too early. You can build a better foundation slowly than you can quickly. When you build too quickly cracks that need to be filled in are often ignored and then later forgotten about. Even if you can put up some bigger numbers they should not be forced and only come within the flow of the offense.

CW seems to have her head squared on her shoulders and that speak well for her being able to get the most out of Geno's coaching and system. I for one was not a fan of some posters premature expectations of her and wanting her to force living up to them.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest problem freshman have is attempting to do too much too early. You can build a better foundation slowly than you can quickly. When you build too quickly cracks that need to be filled in are often ignored and then later forgotten about. Even if you can put up some bigger numbers they should not be forced and only come within the flow of the offense.

CW seems to have her head squared on her shoulders and that speak well for her being able to get the most out of Geno's coaching and system. I for one was not a fan of some posters premature expectations of her and wanting her to force living up to them.
Do you remember DT or Sveta or Sue as Freshmen. They did it all (almost Defense wasn't their big suites). But as players, as scoring as for winning there have been few to match them.] Ooops forgot the best Maya as a frosh played big time in first game of her freshman year and never looked back. If she had a frosh slump--or Sue or DT or Svetlana--they were not memorable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom