CW and Allarie Hang Out In Montreal This Weekend | The Boneyard

CW and Allarie Hang Out In Montreal This Weekend

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I'd like to see Carla's ace play.

Alarie To Play in USA Basketball 3x3 Stop In Montreal - Princeton University Athletics

"Earlier this summer, the two-time Ivy Player of the Year helped the United States earn a silver medal at the Pan American Games. She also helped her team make the semifinals at the 3x3 stop in Italy, the quarterfinals in China and the semifinals at the national event in Las Vegas. "

CW is the Energizer Bunny!

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice. In the Eastern Time Zone. Can watch easily in real time. CW should be more aggressive without Sabrina.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just turned on the live feed and went back to the US games. CW is not there. US playing with 3. Is something wrong? :eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I can't believe I just wrote "woke" like in millennial speak.

It's okay. I pick up on quite a bit of it reading comments on you tube, and some of it might even be creeping into my vocabulary.

Reaction Score
The USA team played all five of its games over the past two days in Montreal with only three players, losing 21-16 to Canada in the semifinals today. Williams was listed prior to the tourney among the four participating players for USA for this event. Has anybody confirmed the reason that Williams did not play in Montreal?

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The USA team played all five of its games over the past two days in Montreal with only three players, losing 21-16 to Canada in the semifinals today. Williams was listed prior to the tourney among the four participating players for USA for this event. Has anybody confirmed the reason that Williams did not play in Montreal?
Not sure but this page doesn't even list her as a team member:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Per social media, she was in Storrs this weekend -- nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Maybe Princeton's sources had it wrong and CW was actually never meant to go to Montreal?
But the 3x3 team only had 3 players?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Per social media, she was in Storrs this weekend -- nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Maybe Princeton's sources had it wrong and CW was actually never meant to go to Montreal?

I figure that is right, because semester had begun.

Reaction Score
I'm an avid reader of UConn WBB BY but I need some education on posting as some may have noticed!

Reaction Score
But the 3x3 team only had 3 players?

Williams committed to playing in the event and was expected by her other three teammates who showed up to play as well as USA Basketball (Kara Lawson) to play in the 3-on-3 event in Montreal. Williams let many people down with her last minute unexpected absence. Williams is a wonderful player who is expected to have a breakout sophomore season. However, her fans on this message forum should know the truth about Montreal.

The Princeton sources had it right about Williams having committed to playing in the tournament.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Williams committed to playing in the event and was expected by her other three teammates who showed up to play as well as USA Basketball (Kara Lawson) to play in the 3-on-3 event in Montreal. Williams let many people down with her last minute unexpected absence. Williams is a wonderful player who is expected to have a breakout sophomore season. However, her fans on this message forum should know the truth about Montreal.

The Princeton sources had it right about Williams having committed to playing in the tournament.

That is not pleasant to hear. Hoping their were some extenuating (but not serious) circumstances. Any account of this appearing in the press / social media?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It is a puzzlement ---

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Wow. The truth about Montreal. You were quite determined to get to the bottom of this. Please provide your sources, a timeline and reasons offered to USA Basketball. Did you check in with Williams or UConn on what happened?

Now that you've educated her message board fans on the truth about Montreal, what do you suggest we do with this information? Should we not cheer as hard? Should we end every compliment with "but she didn't go to Montreal."

On a more serious note, what should USA Basketball do with this situation? Should USA Basketball not invite her to future teams? She did log more miles than any other US 3x3 player during the past summer (China, Russia, Italy, France and Peru) so maybe that should count for something.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t think it is very likely that we will ever get down to the bottom of this. If she just decided the night before she didn’t feel like making the trip, if she became ill, we may never know.

I’m don’t know the rules, but I’m guessing if she was aware well in advance that she wouldn’t have made it, she would have let USA Basketball know and they would have added another player.

They actually finished third which I believe was tied for the highest they had placed in a tournament, so it doesn’t appear that CW being there would have had a huge effect in the outcome, though they did beat Canada with her.

Reaction Score
Wow. The truth about Montreal. You were quite determined to get to the bottom of this. Please provide your sources, a timeline and reasons offered to USA Basketball. Did you check in with Williams or UConn on what happened?
Someone close to Williams may simply want to ask her about why she was a no show for the Montreal tournament. I understand the desire to protect her from scrutiny. I didn't start this thread, but I saw info in this thread that was inaccurate speculation that Williams was not expected to play in the tournament. She was expected to play. Williams had committed to play in Montreal and that is why the team did not have an opportunity to replace Williams with a fourth player. Team USA officials were surprised (and disappointed) when she bailed.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Someone close to Williams may simply want to ask her about why she was a no show for the Montreal tournament. I understand the desire to protect her from scrutiny. I didn't start this thread, but I saw info in this thread that was inaccurate speculation that Williams was not expected to play in the tournament. She was expected to play. Williams had committed to play in Montreal and that is why the team did not have an opportunity to replace Williams with a fourth player. Team USA officials were surprised (and disappointed) when she bailed.

It's strange to me that you're asking for someone here to get proof from CW, yet you're not providing any of your own.

Where did you get your info about the surprise from USAB?
How long before the tournament did she let them know?

Until you're willing to put down some sources, it's just as speculative as anything anyone else is writing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom