CW and Allarie Hang Out In Montreal This Weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CW and Allarie Hang Out In Montreal This Weekend

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Someone close to Williams may simply want to ask her about why she was a no show for the Montreal tournament. I understand the desire to protect her from scrutiny. I didn't start this thread, but I saw info in this thread that was inaccurate speculation that Williams was not expected to play in the tournament. She was expected to play. Williams had committed to play in Montreal and that is why the team did not have an opportunity to replace Williams with a fourth player. Team USA officials were surprised (and disappointed) when she bailed.

So, in other words, Christyn knows. Ask Christyn. That has a familiar ring to it.

No one here is trying to protect her from scrutiny. Posters here wondered why she didn't play and then we moved on because we didn't know and didn't think it was that important. You chose not to move on. You wanted to get to the bottom of it. That's okay. But you've come here suggesting we should feel differently about a UConn player based some version of events you've been told. You're telling us "you should know the truth" but you won't tell us how it is you know the truth.

Williams traveled the world for USA Basketball this summer, more miles than any other player. No other player traveled to all of China, Russia, Italy, France and then Peru for the PanAm games. When I first heard about Montreal I actually thought it was too much and had hoped that USA Basketball or Geno or Christyn would have seen that. Maybe Christyn did finally feel it was too much but waited too long to speak up. I don't know. I do know Christyn gave a lot to USA Basketball this summer. If USA Basketball is upset and disappointed with Christyn because she didn't handle this situation the right way (i.e., provide appropriate notice), then I'm sure that will be addressed in some way by USA Basketball and Geno. If the consequences are that Christyn Williams's future with USA Basketball is over, then she'll have to live with that. Lesson learned.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what to do with this information.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom