CV = IRON MAN II | The Boneyard

CV = IRON MAN II

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
From Dan Hurley's lips to all our ears at the presser
This young man has played at an all conference first team level and is definitely in the running for AAC POY
Wait till you all see his career stats and where he stands in UConn history when all is said and done
It will open some eyes
Is he perfect? NO but he has endured quite a bit in his 4 years
He deserves some post season play - as does AG

Reaction Score
CV certainly does. It's just too bad we're down to 8 guys for the conf tournament. Big ask to win 4/4 with half a roster

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
From Dan Hurley's lips to all our ears at the presser
This young man has played at an all conference first team level and is definitely in the running for AAC POY
Wait till you all see his career stats and where he stands in UConn history when all is said and done
It will open some eyes
Is he perfect? NO but he has endured quite a bit in his 4 years
He deserves some post season play - as does AG
It’s weird that it’s taken 4 years, and only now that he has 2 freshmen starting with him, does he feel and look comfortable with his role on the team on the court.

Not sure if it’s all the credit to him, Hurley, Bouk and Gaff, or some combination. Either way the last month has been great to see all of the good of CV, and none of the bad.

I really would be in favor of putting him on the wall one day.

Reaction Score
CV right man at the right time. He kept this program relevant and competitive. Any other player may have pouted, quit (in season) or been troublesome with all of our losing the past 3 years. Add a major coaching change and with that philosophy changes, mass recruiting and all that comes with it, including assistants.

He's been through so many changes, rosters and teammate injuries its surprising he remains so confident (and cocky). I can't see any other UConn leader handling it like Vital did. He didn't even get to the Tourney.

I say all that because here we are with our ship turning in the right direction. Hurley would have gotten us there eventually. But Vital knocked a couple of years of waiting and helped bring the fans back in the seats and in front of the TV.

Senior Night for him should be most special, without him I'd hate to think of where we would be. The consummate 'college player', is the best compliment I can give him.

Would love to see him get a 40 point game in before he leaves. Its in him waiting to burst out. It sad if we don't because with all I've said I really don't think we have ever seen his best game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He has a chance to pass Boat for #9 on the all time scoring list. Not bad for a kid that was only supposed to be a role player coming in

At his current pace, he'll finish at 1710, 73 behind Kemba. And he's done that w/o benefit of post-season games. With a good run in the AAC tourney and NIT, he could pass Kemba and Ben.

Reaction Score
Just because it's Sunday and the losers in the Cesspool aren't holding up their end lately. These are from June.
Are you trying to make a point with this, some kind of I told you so?

This is just weird.

You're the only person on the board who thinks CV is as good as El-Amin and Boatright and Carlton and AG have like the worst #'s on the team.

Reaction Score
At his current pace, he'll finish at 1710, 73 behind Kemba. And he's done that w/o benefit of post-season games. With a good run in the AAC tourney and NIT, he could pass Kemba and Ben.
You realize Kemba and Ben and a whole host of other players did it without the benefit of 4 college seasons, right?

Meant in no way to disparage CV, he's playing his best basketball lately and has always been one tough hombre but of course he's replaceable. We've replaced a whole bunch of lottery picks, we're bringing in more talent now, and we have guys on the team now who are clearly going to make major.leaps next season.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You realize Kemba and Ben and a whole host of other players did it without the benefit of 4 college seasons, right?

Meant in no way to disparage CV, he's playing his best basketball lately and has always been one tough hombre but of course he's replaceable. We've replaced a whole bunch of lottery picks, we're bringing in more talent now, and we have guys on the team now who are clearly going to make major.leaps next season.

Caron got over 1,100 points in two. Yes, that's a given. It's also a given that a whole lot of hallowed saints of the program did spend four years at Storrs and CV, barring injury, will be the all-time leader in games played when all is said and done, averaging a mere 13.4 ppg (which is more than Scottie, Tate, Doron, AJ, & Donny).

Is that what you expected when he was recruited?

I get the flaws in his game. But is it really his fault he wasn't coached up the first half of his career?

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Are you trying to make a point with this, some kind of I told you so?

This is just weird.

You're the only person on the board who thinks CV is as good as El-Amin and Boatright and Carlton and AG have like the worst #'s on the team.
A few well played games and they forget the rest

Reaction Score
He hasn’t even left yet and I’m already missing this hard nose gritty kid. It took me some time to truly appreciate what he brings to the court. I’m giving a lot of credit to DH also bc he broke a lot of his bad habits. Just the changes that were made this season were vital. This kid is somebody every coach would want on their team. Definitely a true iron man. He’s proven to be very beneficial to this team's growth heading into the future. The leadership he’s shown these freshman shall carry on down the line to success for this young team.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

He’s benefitted a lot this second half of the season by Bouknight being able to help and Gaffney being a floor general

Reaction Score
He is within around a hundred points of Burrell, Adrien, Kelley, Dyson, McKay, Adams, Robinson, Boat, who all played 4 yrs. if he passes Boat the guys ahead are Corny Thompson, Shabazz, Tony Hanson, and Chris Smith as far as scoring who played 4 years. Holy crap.

Reaction Score
He is within around a hundred points of Burrell, Adrien, Kelley, Dyson, McKay, Adams, Robinson, Boat, who all played 4 yrs. if he passes Boat the guys ahead are Corny Thompson, Shabazz, Tony Hanson, and Chris Smith as far as scoring who played 4 years. Holy crap.

And don't forget he's lead the team in rebounding the past two years as well and he's sixth in the nation in free throw shooting. Not the norm to have a 6'1" guard leading the team in rebounding but that kind of sums up who he is: it takes toughness and desire and he has shown it in spades.

Reaction Score
Forget the comparisons. None of the UConn historical greats had to deal with the discouraging factors that CV has faced. He's come through with solid numbers and marvelous leadership. I'd love to see him coaching my grandson.

Reaction Score
CV is just awesome. Plays a COMPLETE game like few others - great man on man defense without getting into foul trouble, usually guarding others teams best player, rebounds, steals, assists, points, and of course free throws in crunch time and all of the time! Overall stats compare to Burrells,
and other teams know he's one of the few scorers we have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom