CV at practice | The Boneyard

CV at practice

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
He’s one the the handful of players that, while I never knew in a personal level, I felt like I did. This shook me.

Reaction Score
I'd much rather see him playing professionally somewhere. His growth as an upperclassmen was amazing to watch.

C

Chief00

Love the activity in the gym. Going to pay dividends. That’s why it was so important to Chief to get the squad back on campus.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s kind of funny, in a good way, when you think about how he ended Hurley bumped heads early on.

Reaction Score
Love the activity in the gym. Going to pay dividends. That’s why it was so important to Chief to get the squad back on campus.

The urinals much be busy again too huh Chief? :eek:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Always thankful for the player that stayed when many others bailed... and it was at a time when we really, really needed him here!
Always thought this. He could have bailed multiple times. Stuck it out and fought through the adversity...that shows character and builds it as well.

Reaction Score

Don't know how they'd do it without you Chief. The grind is tough but with you leading the way the future is bright.

C

Chief00

Chief likes to see a dude smart enough to make changes, find ways to win and hates to lose. CV, the second half of the season checked those boxes. His attention to detail and effort is displayed in the boxscore as he filled up multiple categories of key statistics. He also provided leadership after AG left the starting lineup and that was an upgrade. The winning streak validated that.

Reaction Score
Like to see him get a little more seasoning as a player. At least, get some time in an NBA camp, or G-league or overseas. Broaden his resume, play under some different coaches.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He has repeatedly shown character (through discipline) throughout his brief career along with passion. That's a great recipe for success. A shining example of leadership by example. Glad he is still around for now. It will be exciting to watch him grow wherever he is. I remember Hurley saying something like; "if the near future of this team brings success it will be in large part because of CV's role while he was playing". I thought that was pretty high praise from DH. If someone has the exact quote please post.

Reaction Score
Took me a looooooooooooooooooooong time to come around on CV. I thought he was a grade-A punk when Ollie was here, but that was clearly due to a lack of leadership and control. While there may have been minor friction as Danny laid down the law, the player, leader, and human being I saw last year was the type of Husky we all love. Truly the most important player in our turnaround, without him laying the groundwork with his grit and determination - we'd struggle to reach the mountaintop that we're currently nearing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom