Cut to the chase | The Boneyard

Cut to the chase

Reaction Score
I always enjoy the insights and analysis of posters here. In this case, instead of analysis, it would be interesting to hear bottom line thoughts of posters on who they expect will be in the FF Championship game and who will win. My best guess is Baylor vs. Mississippi State with Baylor taking the title. What do others think?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In the FF and in the Championship game this year will be two very deserving teams. One of which I hope will be UConn.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
With health a non-issue, UConn will be in the FF. I do not see the present 4 #1s all making it. I believe there will be some upsets and surprise appearances at the FF. As stated above, the brackets will be interesting to see, before I make a bold prediction as to who will get "bumped off" and by whom.

Reaction Score
Too early without official brackets.....I think these regional finals will be brutal with the quality that will be in the #2 and even some #3 seeds, although Baylor with the assumed #1 overall should be able to walk into the FF without too much trouble.

Reaction Score
Based on bracket predictions right now, I would guess it’s going to be Baylor vs. Oregon.

Reaction Score
Much as it pains me to say it, I agree that as of today, I think it will be Baylor and the Irish.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There are 6 teams that can win the national championship: Baylor, UConn, Louisville, ND, MS St & Oregon. They all have vulnerabilities that can be exploited.

If we assume that Charlie Creme’s latest bracketology is correct, that the top 6 teams will only lose to each other, and that no key players are injured, all of which are a stretch, then I have MS St going down to UConn in Albany. ND vs Oregon in Portland is a tough call, but in the end I go with the Irish.

In the FF, you end up with 2 tremendous matchups: UConn vs Louisville and Baylor vs ND. I would go with the better coached team in both matchups, UConn vs ND in the championship.

As for the final, UConn has never lost a championship game, but ND would be the toughest championship matchup the Huskies have ever faced. They certainly won’t win by 17. I have the Huskies in a nail biter.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tennessee vs Baylor with Tennessee prevailing, but it'll be close.

Strain.gif

Reaction Score
Current bracket only prediction

In a UConn - Quinnipiac Final

With seconds left Quinnipic drives with 6 secs left with the shot clock at 1, ONO blocks it, Kyla picks it up and throws to Molly who passes to Lou down court who sinks a 3 from the corner at the buzzer to win.

Everybody goes home happy ----- next day BY is flooded with posts "Refs Suck", "I told You All Along About the Bench", "Is Molly a 1st Round Pick"

Reaction Score
Not sure of which teams will be in the final. The more sure thing would be MSST not making it to Final 4. Then they were not expected a couple of years ago. And further back, Baylor was expected but was shot down by Louisville.

Reaction Score
UConn vs the Runner Up. :)
This IS a Uconn Women's Basketball site (per Nan) so what would anyone think a Uconn Fan would post?
Until or unless UC is eliminated from the NC run it has to be UConn in the FF/NC and someone else. The someone else could be Baylor, ND, Louisville, Oregon, or even Ms St. Uconn has many options about whom they may choose to play.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
There are 6 teams that can win the national championship: Baylor, UConn, Louisville, ND, MS St & Oregon. They all have vulnerabilities that can be exploited.

If we assume that Charlie Creme’s latest bracketology is correct, that the top 6 teams will only lose to each other, and that no key players are injured, all of which are a stretch, then I have MS St going down to UConn in Albany. ND vs Oregon in Portland is a tough call, but in the end I go with the Irish.

In the FF, you end up with 2 tremendous matchups: UConn vs Louisville and Baylor vs ND. I would go with the better coached team in both matchups, UConn vs ND in the championship.

As for the final, UConn has never lost a championship game, but ND would be the toughest championship matchup the Huskies have ever faced. They certainly won’t win by 17. I have the Huskies in a nail biter.

Two other games (of the Eleven) stick out in my mind: The one that started it all, in 1995, where most people picked Tennessee, and UCONN was behind in the second half.

AND 2003, when Connecticut, having graduated an all-star team the year before, took on Pat Summitt, who made no bones about wishing the prior team well as they left behind a more even playing field; who made the FF without leaving Knoxville; who beat Villanova by 24, not long after Villanova gave UCONN its only loss of the season. UCONN followed a two-point semifinal win with a 5-point final win, still the closest FF games won by UCONN.

Reaction Score
I rather express why I think UConn would win as that is where my heart lies. Truth is match ups and hot teams/player(s) will be a major factor.

One of the Achilles heal of the past two years is when a team goes right at UConn out of the gate and takes a lead. The team was not used to it nor had much experience coming back and fighting like most teams. I recognize that no team this year is unflappable, but I believe UConn will will win because:

- To finish the point above, they are not strangers to getting behind and fighting to win a close game.
- Expectations are always a championship but I do not feel this team carries the same pressure as the last two. I feel we are little under the radar as crazy as that sounds.
- I believe Megan's growth the second half of the year helps balance out offense and rebounding.
- CW and Ono have grown enough to contribute and at the least not hurt us as freshmen.
- We have the best scoring duo of all time playing for us. If Lou is hitting her shots, to go along with her overall game improvement, it will be one a major factor for success. She just opens up the floor for everyone more than just about any other player in the country. Pheesa just needs to be Pheesa, and not that it has been a problem, but stay out of foul trouble against the bigger teams.
- This is more of a hope, but going out with a NC for Pheesa and Lou would help cement their UConn legacy as winners. They are both great, well rounded players and outstanding competitors.... but at this school having the NC you were responsible for carry's a different weight. That said I know they are winners of life and have a bright future in and out of the game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom