Custom UConn Jerseys? | The Boneyard

Custom UConn Jerseys?

Reaction Score
Anyone know of a website that does custom UConn jerseys? A couple of friends that are fellow alums and huge fans are getting married this summer, and it would be pretty cool to get them a custom jersey with the last name and “23.”

The only site I’ve found that looks like it might have a decent product is this one: [Trending] Buy New Custom UConn Huskies Jersey White East

But I have no idea if they’re legit, so am being very circumspect.

Just wanted to see if anyone has got a custom jersey in the last year or two and was happy with the result (and if so, where).

Figured if there’s any place in the world where I might find fellow fans who have done this before, it’d be right here!

Reaction Score
I don’t know of any bootlegs, but I would suggest emailing Athletes Threads (who made the Connecticut throwback NIL jerseys) and asking if they do customs.

Reaction Score
I don’t know of any bootlegs, but I would suggest emailing Athletes Threads (who made the Connecticut throwback NIL jerseys) and asking if they do customs.
Apologies but I’m going to share this wherever I can - the Sanogo jersey I got from Athletes Threads was BEYOND awful. Do not order from them, I was so disappointed.

Reaction Score
Apologies but I’m going to share this wherever I can - the Sanogo jersey I got from Athletes Threads was BEYOND awful. Do not order from them, I was so disappointed.
Just curious, what was wrong with it? Every picture I’ve seen from the athletes threads ones were super nice. It was the UConn NIL Store jerseys that were the terrible practice- version looking ones

Reaction Score
Why not buy a replica from the UConn site and bring it somewhere to sew the names on

Reaction Score
Can you share a picture? I was planning on ordering one.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Just curious, what was wrong with it? Every picture I’ve seen from the athletes threads ones were super nice. It was the UConn NIL Store jerseys that were the terrible practice- version looking ones
I have a Rudy Gay #22 throwback (Retro Brand) and got my mom a #44 Andre Jackson throwback (Athletes Thread) and both are that garbage mesh material with ironed on lettering.

Maybe it was a bad batch or they ran out of good material, but charging $100+ for these and not giving the kids more than 50% is a crime.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I have a Rudy Gay #22 throwback (Retro Brand) and got my mom a #44 Andre Jackson throwback (Athletes Thread) and both are that garbage mesh material with ironed on lettering.

Maybe it was a bad batch or they ran out of good material, but charging $100+ for these and not giving the kids more than 50% is a crime.
For what they charge (they don’t cost more than $30 to make) not giving the student athletes a huge cut is pathetic. $100+ and the kids get a few bucks each…

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

FWIW I do love my Rudy and Kemba retro brand jerseys & both have held up really well. I wear each at least 1 time per week. But I wear them over a shirt though because the mesh is not comfortable at all lol.

Reaction Score

Yeah this is exactly the type of material I got as well. Trash.

Reaction Score
heres the deal guys

The Athletes Thread jerseys are never going to be made close to an authentic. Its a NiL option that isnt made in mass production. They are made to order.

For us to get authentic types, Nike has a forced production of several thousand at a time in order to do them, which is why we dont see them made.

For the Athletes Thread ones it was VERY clear how they were being produced and considering the all mesh style its a really quality jersey. Im happy with mine.

As for the Retro brand jersey, feel like this is as good as you can expect

Reaction Score
heres the deal guys

The Athletes Thread jerseys are never going to be made close to an authentic. Its a NiL option that isnt made in mass production. They are made to order.

For us to get authentic types, Nike has a forced production of several thousand at a time in order to do them, which is why we dont see them made.

For the Athletes Thread ones it was VERY clear how they were being produced and considering the all mesh style its a really quality jersey. Im happy with mine.

As for the Retro brand jersey, feel like this is as good as you can expect
So lower the prices to reflect the quality of material you’re using. It shouldn’t be $120 for a mesh practice jersey quality material that a name gets ironed onto

Reaction Score
So lower the prices to reflect the quality of material you’re using. It shouldn’t be $120 for a mesh practice jersey quality material that a name gets ironed onto
Its made to order. This isnt made in bulk. Tshirts are $40 some places these days

Reaction Score
Haha alright so then at least accurately advertise the quality you’re getting. The photos online are completely misleading. Either charge less or tell people they’re getting a subpar product and paying a premium on it.

Reaction Score
Welcome to 2023, prices are high these days. The Athletes Thread jerseys are fine and exactly as advertised

Reaction Score
Not sure what you were expecting. The kids get a cut, athletes thread needs their cut too or they wouldnt make them. Jerseys imo are pretty solid and I am happy to provide some dough to our players. Pretty much got exactly what I was expecting the love the big east/american flag patches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom