'Cuse/ Toledo, ND/Pitt | The Boneyard

'Cuse/ Toledo, ND/Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want Toledo to go up to the Dome and just blow Syracuse out of the water. Toledo lost to Ohio St. by 3 and played Boise much tougher than the score indicates. Only fitting that 'Cuse's first game since the announcement would be a blow-out loss to a MAC team. That will make FSU and others a bit queezy about the power of ACC football. Lets add Syracuse to Duke, BC, Virginia, Wake, and a feeble NC State team that just got blown out by Cincy.

I still want Pitt to beat ND just to continue that sense of instability within the ND program. Both Pitt and ND are causes of the BE turmoil, but I dislike the ND hypocricy (we love the BE and want it to be strong, but we have no football interest in the BE) more than the Pitt decision to move to the ACC.

Reaction Score
I want Toledo to go up to the Dome and just blow Syracuse out of the water. Toledo lost to Ohio St. by 3 and played Boise much tougher than the score indicates. Only fitting that 'Cuse's first game since the announcement would be a blow-out loss to a MAC team. That will make FSU and others a bit queezy about the power of ACC football. Lets add Syracuse to Duke, BC, Virginia, Wake, and a feeble NC State team that just got blown out by Cincy.

I still want Pitt to beat ND just to continue that sense of instability within the ND program. Both Pitt and ND are causes of the BE turmoil, but I dislike the ND hypocricy (we love the BE and want it to be strong, but we have no football interest in the BE) more than the Pitt decision to move to the ACC.

Actually, since Syracuse is in already, losing to Toledo hurts us. It strengthens the FSU argument that football is being watered down too much.

Reaction Score
FWIW: I'm having a hard time udnerstanding the angle that is being presented in the media that schools like FSU, or Miami, or Clemson or whomever, the names aren't really that important - that some ACC schools are worried about the strength of the football conference in who they add. If they're worried about football, it's probably that they're worried about the SEC coming plucking , and being left with a majority of programs on NCAA suspensions.

It just doesn't make sense. If a school is interested in winning regular conference titles, it doesn't seem logically to be interested in adding schools to a league that's going to make it harder win titles.

What are they really concerned about? If they are concerned at all? Losing a BCS bid or something? They certainly didn't fix their football reputation when it comes to the next BCS qualification calculations by adding Syracuse and Pittsburgh, and tey didn't grab the northeast market by adding those two schools either.

What the ACC did was put a giant hole in the big east conference. All that remains to be seen is if they have the cajones to finally kill it.

UConn will survive, and find a way to continue to thrive, but is in a poor position right now when it comes to intercollegiate athletics. What we've got going for us in all of it though, is the northeast media market. What we're also doing, is clearly going about our business in a way that nobody's going to be able accuse us of conspiracy to do anything but maintain a healthy and thriving academic and athletic college.

If they [ACC] want the northeast TV market, they need to add UConn and Rutgers and put the final nail in the coffin for the Big East.

It is what it is.

Reaction Score

doubt you'll get a blowout, but you could very easily get your wish of a Syracuse loss to Toledo tomorrow, especially with all the injuries in the secondary.

Reaction Score
IMHO, Toledo has a much better chance of beating Syracuse than Pittsburgh does of beating Notre Dame. Pittsburgh is not good; doesn't appear to be particularly well-coached and as much as I hate to say it, Notre Dame will have a talent advantage at most positions and at head coach. Toledo's offense is good enough to beat most BIG EAST teams

Reaction Score
i hope both games end in a 2-2 tie with all safeties being due to a high snap on a punt that sails out of the endzone. i also hope each game takes between 6 and 7 hours due to weather delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom