Cuse to leave BE in 2013 | The Boneyard

Cuse to leave BE in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BIG EAST CONFERENCE, SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY REACH AGREEMENT
ON SYRACUSE DEPARTURE FROM THE BIG EAST

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The Big East Conference and Syracuse University today announced that both organizations have reached an agreement on Syracuse’s departure from the Big East and move to the Atlantic Coast Conference. Under the terms of the agreement reached between the Big East and Syracuse, the Big East members will vote, in accordance with the Big East’s bylaws, to terminate Syracuse’s membership in the Big East effective July 1, 2013, at which point Syracuse will join the ACC. In addition to other consideration, Syracuse will make a total cash payment to the Big East of $7.5 million.

“This closes a chapter and opens a new one filled with exciting possibilities for the Big East’s future. With the recent addition of eight schools to the Big East, the future for the Conference has never been brighter,” said Joe Bailey, Big East Interim Commissioner.

Dr. Daryl Gross, Director of Athletics for Syracuse University, said: “We look forward to the new academic and athletic partnerships and the extraordinary competitive opportunities that membership in the ACC offers. We are excited about both our final season in the Big East and our long-term future with the ACC.”

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sorry to see them go. Glad they stayed long enough to let the BE pull its pants back up, again. No reason to keep them the extra year.

Also, glad we're still better by all objective and subjective measure, except for Heisman trophies and lacrosse.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Except for Boeheim don't let the door hit you in on the way our the door. Beat them like a drum again.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
cuse and temple are going to have a heck of a battle this year for 7th place.

Reaction Score
IMO, I think we should be more concerned about this development. Our match-up w/ the Orangeman is one of the FEW marquee games that can compete w/ the Duke UNC game. I dont miss a FB game ever, but the hardcourt is where our bread and butter is. Its gonna b hard to replace that rivalry on a national scale!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We can play ooc if u miss them that much already. Ppl got over bc and miami ditching, i think u can do it again. Just look at the bball and fball teams at those schools post big east. Private schools go to die in the acc. Public schools rise in the big east.

Reaction Score
We can play ooc if u miss them that much already. Ppl got over bc and miami ditching, i think u can do it again. Just look at the bball and fball teams at those schools post big east. Private schools go to die in the acc. Public schools rise in the big east.

Hard to argue against that Dan. :)

Football is national now, but don't forget the backbone that the Big East was built on though, and that's northeast basketball between Washington, D.C and New England. It's gone national now in football, but those private schools didn't gain in basketball by going south either, and neither will Cuse or Pitt. With priorities for a stable league at the top level of NCAA athletics from those b-ball schools, we're going to be just fine as a conference.

Remember -
BC lost ot URI, UMass, Providence, Holy Cross, BU and Harvard in hoops last season.!!! .

Syracuse losing to Binghamton, Stony Brook, Fordham, Manhattan and Colgate in 2015 in round ball, in front of a 5,000 gate at the carrier dome?

Not that hard to imagine when you sell out to Tobacco Road and points south, in hoops when you're roots are to play basketball where it was born in the snow covered barns of the northeast.

Reaction Score
Hard to argue against that Dan. :)

Football is national now, but don't forget the backbone that the Big East was built on though, and that's northeast basketball between Washington, D.C and New England. It's gone national now in football, but those private schools didn't gain in basketball by going south either, and neither will Cuse or Pitt. With priorities for a stable league at the top level of NCAA athletics from those b-ball schools, we're going to be just fine as a conference.

Remember -
BC lost ot URI, UMass, Providence, Holy Cross, BU and Harvard in hoops last season.!!! .

Syracuse losing to Binghamton, Stony Brook, Fordham, Manhattan and Colgate in 2015 in round ball, in front of a 5,000 gate at the carrier dome?

Not that hard to imagine when you sell out to Tobacco Road and points south, in hoops when you're roots are to play basketball where it was born in the snow covered barns of the northeast.
A point of view worthy or Dr. Pangloss. By extension I guess we should all hope that if an ACC or BIG? invite comes it should be turned down since it would mean we would no longer " play basketball where it was born"?. Give me a break. Everyone who has left the BE has done so because they (rightly in my opinion) saw a chance to get into a better conference. If UConn does not do the same when given the chance heads should roll in Storrs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Except nobody cares about UNC/Duke.vs VT/BC or Miami in BB. Cuse vs. Duke/UNC and to lesser extent Pitt.vs. Duke/UNC will be big national games.

But not as big as Uconn vs. Duke/UNC :p

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
A point of view worthy or Dr. Pangloss. By extension I guess we should all hope that if an ACC or BIG? invite comes it should be turned down since it would mean we would no longer " play basketball where it was born"?. Give me a break. Everyone who has left the BE has done so because they (rightly in my opinion) saw a chance to get into a better conference. If UConn does not do the same when given the chance heads should roll in Storrs.
Disagree, we should stay put and make our conference better than the others. I hate this case of whimpering in like a bunch of babies to another conference. If we win and our conference partners win then the problem is solved.

There comes a point in time where we just have to be better and beat teams in OOC matchups like Boise does.

Basketball can schedule plenty of OOC match ups and we are still desired in that respect.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

if a invite from any of the top 4 comes, uconn should go. i imagine the only chance of that slim as they are would be if the b12 or b10 was looking northeast. but anyway, if a acc invite comes this school needs to make sure a gor is signed. going to the acc is fine if fsu/unc/uva/gt/vt/clem/md are in it. if 2 or more of those schools leave then its a private school conf that doesn't give a crap about fball and its overrated bball schools which would not be good for uconn.

uconn has a story to tell. the past 20ish years have been a rise like no others. bball with JC, campus structure, academic ratings, fball upgrade and so on. its unreal and therefore we need to be with other rising publics and be the gem of the group. we can create our own future by helping and standing strong with others. usf/ucf/lville/cincy/ecu come to mind. temple/memphis and others can help to if ppl take the blinders off and realize what were trying to be the leader of. florida, texas and michigan are the big boys of there leagues becuase they were the gems that rose to the top in leagues that developed and then became the best. its our turn to do that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Disagree, we should stay put and make our conference better than the others. I hate this case of whimpering in like a bunch of babies to another conference. If we win and our conference partners win then the problem is solved.

There comes a point in time where we just have to be better and beat teams in OOC matchups like Boise does.

Basketball can schedule plenty of OOC match ups and we are still desired in that respect.

ppl here will never understand the golden ticket uconn got. we need to rise with others and be that gem that ppl point to. were on our way to that and 2 schools that were in decline just ditched. im not sad at all. im sad about wvu tho.

Reaction Score
Sad day. Losing that extra home game every other year will be a loss. Rentschler Field North has been very good to us over the years. Sad day indeed.

Reaction Score
if a invite from any of the top 4 comes, uconn should go. i imagine the only chance of that slim as they are would be if the b12 or b10 was looking northeast. but anyway, if a acc invite comes this school needs to make sure a gor is signed. going to the acc is fine if fsu/unc/uva/gt/vt/clem/md are in it. if 2 or more of those schools leave then its a private school conf that doesn't give a crap about fball and its overrated bball schools which would not be good for uconn.

uconn has a story to tell. the past 20ish years have been a rise like no others. bball with JC, campus structure, academic ratings, fball upgrade and so on. its unreal and therefore we need to be with other rising publics and be the gem of the group. we can create our own future by helping and standing strong with others. usf/ucf/lville/cincy/ecu come to mind. temple/memphis and others can help to if ppl take the blinders off and realize what were trying to be the leader of. florida, texas and michigan are the big boys of there leagues becuase they were the gems that rose to the top in leagues that developed and then became the best. its our turn to do that.
If Carl is Dr. Pangloss then the second paragraph is Pangloss raised to the Nth power. Good God man look at your list of schools. They will not become "gems" in your life time unless you are under the age of 10.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Two (2) questions:
1) So you're really saying if an offer comes from the ACC, Yukon is turning it down after months of your president lifting her skirt for anyone trying to get in?
2) Does the fact that FSU & Clemson have already left the ACC for the B12 factor into those qualifiers or will 2 more have to leave before it takes effect?

Thanks in advance.

what ever espn puts out there is based off there agenda right now. they pumped uconn crap post cuse/pitt raid for a reason. they are going to devalue uconn and the league as much as possible because they know they have lost to nbc. they are trying there best not to have a competitor in there back yard, but even the cuse/pitt raid won't stop it.

i think u need to take #2 to the wvu board. i really hope that they do in fact go just so the acc sucks more but hey, what can i say. i want uconn to play with big publics. so if 2 publics leave that leaves the acc with
public-unc/ncst/gt/uva/vt/md
private-wake/duke/miami/bc/cuse
inbred-pitt

thats a league atleast half controlled by private schools. last time that happened uconn was . i'm not looking for that again. in the new big east, public schools run the table, hopefully things get better.

so to answer your question, 2 schools leaving the acc that are public would be the tipping point to the public vs private issue i have with the acc.

for the record i must say this is my opinion athletically. as far as academics/campus etc go i have no problem with any of these schools. its just a college athletics competition thing to me. posing and cashing checks riding the big boys tail vs actually trying and playing ball.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If Carl is Dr. Pangloss then the second paragraph is Pangloss raised to the Nth power. Good God man look at your list of schools. They will not become "gems" in your life time unless you are under the age of 10.

usf and ucf are not far off at all. your blind.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
usf and ucf are not far off at all. your blind.

LMAO

You can't possibly think the group of knuckleheads comprising The Artist Formerly Known As The Big East is in the same stratosphere as the ACC. Impossible.

On. Field. Results. Do. Not. Matter.

Reaction Score
Need to keep scheduling quality teams and win, it may mean playing home games at the Meadowlands or at a nuetral site, but the last raid BE has weakend the perception of the program. Need to just go out there, play the games we can get and take our lumps.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Cuse / USC tickets - hot or not

Just got an email to buyer tickets - $161 seats mid-field 24th row

This will look a like an ACC championsip game.

Reaction Score

Boise St football > Indiana football, Minnesota football, Illinois fooball, Arizona State football, North Carolina football etc. etc.

Money.Doesn't.Matter.

Winning (with integrity) is the only thing that matters to real fans.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
LMAO

You can't possibly think the group of knuckleheads comprising The Artist Formerly Known As The Big East is in the same stratosphere as the ACC. Impossible.

ucf will have a better football team this year than anyone in the acc. the only possible better team would be fsu if they put it together and we have heard that for years now. usf will also be good if daniels explodes. u can mark me down on the ucf thing. they will pack 40k ever game this year and crash the bcs.

if on field results dont matter than how did bsu blow up the past 10 years?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
LMAO

You crack me up, dude. "Same stratosphere as the ACC." Really. Thank God we're in a different stratosphere than the conference that is 2-13 in BCS games.

Look, the ACC is in a better position right now than the Big East. To argue against that is not being honest. But let's not make them out to be the SEC, shall we? And whether you believe it or not, On. Field. Results. DO. MATTER! Winning OOC's, especially against the ACC, is priority number 1 for the football teams in the Big East. A good tv contract with a partner that is willing to help kill this "Power 5" bull$#it (and it really is bull$#it, by the way) and good on-the-field results are what will change the story for the Big East. Nothing else will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom