OT- Cuse prints #1 t-shirts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Cuse prints #1 t-shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Celebrating an in-season #1 ranking is the silliest thing I've ever heard of. It'd be one thing if it was an emerging program, but for established programs like Kentucky or Syracuse who have won national championships to get excited about being ranked #1 in December or January is ridiculous. Be excited that your season is off to a good start, sure, but don't act like you've accomplished anything yet. If I were Jim B, I would set one of those shirts on fire and throw it in a trash can in front of my team.
hahahah...then piss out the fire

Reaction Score
That's seriously one of the most pathetic things I've seen, gives more reason to laugh at them.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Is it as sad as Stanford making t shirts about them finally ending the women's teams' win streak? Probably not

Reaction Score
Not a single thing wrong with the shirts.

Reaching #1 is always an accomplishment. There are a ton of teams that would die to be #1 even for a day. Congrats to the Orange.

Good point, I think the other posters are simply saying that its better to print them in April.

Reaction Score
Good point, I think the other posters are simply saying that its better to print them in April.

would u really plan on wearing a "We are Number 1 shirt" for 2 weeks u were Number 1 or a championship shirt that u could wear forever.

Reaction Score
would u really plan on wearing a "We are Number 1 shirt" for 2 weeks u were Number 1 or a championship shirt that u could wear forever.
It's a Tee shirt. They didn't erect a statue.

And if UConn was number #3 and the #2 and #1 teams lost, how much speculation would there be on the Boneyard about moving up to #1. Stop pretending it means nothing. Good for SU.

Reaction Score

And if UConn was number #3 and the #2 and #1 teams lost, how much speculation would there be on the Boneyard about moving up to #1. Stop pretending it means nothing. Good for SU.

Huge difference between speculation and celebration. If a team had a down start to the year and was on the verge of breaking into the top 25, there'd be a ton of talk about it. But no one would be making any shirts

Reaction Score

I suspect this was not the team's or Boehim's idea/wish. If the whole university (i.e. students) wore them for a day or so, it would mean something. Its just fun and school pride, nothing more. UConn doesn't need to do this, but I give Cuse a pass, its not like they get to do this often.

After 2 weeks they have a tee shirt to paint in, or wear as a pajama.

Reaction Score

Its Syracuse, its not depaul, they've been in this situation before. Its funny they would make a t shirt celebrating being in First place which could change numerous amounts of time over the season. I just think its funny to wear something that could change so rapidly like as wearing what the Stock Market was at, at 1:52 pm on December 13.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The way I look at it...will this shirt stand the test of time? If I see someone wearing a Syracuse #1 shirt, 12/12/2011 in 5 years, will I find that not pathetic? (probably not).

Reaction Score
Some enterprising capitalist is making a few dollars off the #1 ranking. What are you guys a bunch of commies?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Some enterprising capitalist is making a few dollars off the #1 ranking. What are you guys a bunch of commies?
Biggest capitalist nation in the world is communist. Capitalism and Communism are no longer mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
....I remember the first time we moved up to #1 in the mid 90's. We beat the orange at the Dome. My friends and i were so psyched after the game...cranking music, drinking MORE beer....then, the following weekend, Villanova came to Gampel and...THUD!!!!

Reaction Score
....I remember the first time we moved up to #1 in the mid 90's. We beat the orange at the Dome. My friends and i were so psyched after the game...cranking music, drinking MORE beer....then, the following weekend, Villanova came to Gampel and...THUD!!!!

ESPN analysts are really socking it to Syracuse for their weak schedule

Reaction Score

It does mean nothing. What do they give you for being number 1 now? All that matters is who is number 1 at the end of the year. The only thing that it does for you at this point in the season is put a target on your back. Good for them, I agree with you there, but at the end of the day no one remembers who was number 1 in December.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how official any of these rankings are.
4db26bb112d790b56fcaa934bad0b78808828b10.gif

Reaction Score
Their ability to trash-talk with all the going down on their program is remarkable. Truly amazed.

Reaction Score
This is similar to Pitt (scum) raising their "Big East Regular Season Champions" banner at the end of last year. Whoop-de-freaking-doo.

Reaction Score
I've no issues with the shirts. In fact its a good way to generate buzz and revenue. I wish our AD thought like that.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
This is similar to Pitt (scum) raising their "Big East Regular Season Champions" banner at the end of last year. Whoop-de-freaking-doo.
Hey - everyone has rafters - not everyone has national championship banners. They had to put something up there....

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've no issues with the shirts. In fact its a good way to generate buzz and revenue. I wish our AD thought like that.
From a marketing standpoint, fine. From a program standpoint, why? I can sorta understand Pitt doing it - it was the first time ever for them. Cuse has been there.

I'd be pissed and embarrased if UConn did something like that. All it says is less than a third of the way into the season, we managed not to lose to inferior competition. It's ridiculous to be celebrating #1 in December. It's ridiculous to be celebrating #1 at the end of the regular season. Embrace it and like it, but don't print T-shirts that you'll be embarrassed to own in April.

Reaction Score
Should have posted it without any words. The ring speaks for itself.

They actually banned me for that. That is the weakest banning I have ever heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom