Cuse Lost To Georgetown | The Boneyard

Cuse Lost To Georgetown

Reaction Score
1639272217732.jpeg

Reaction Score
Went over to SyracuseFan after the game. The meltdown wasn't as bad as I had hoped for. It seems that the majority of their fans finally have come to the conclusion that they aren't very good and haven't been for the last 7 or so years. Most had denied (or ignored) the glacially slow, but inexorable decline of their once proud program, but not anymore.

Reaction Score
Their fans say that they are glad they are in the Dixie conference because it pays handsomely (true) and the current Big East sucks (not true).

They try to rekindle some Big East rivalry games and lose them both in one week and now have to crawl back to those Southern games that the pretend they get excited for. Oh and their football program sucks.

The whole thing is delicious, but at least they get to cling to that money which seems to be doing wonders for them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Their fans say that they are glad they are in the Dixie conference because it pays handsomely (true) and the current Big East sucks (not true).

They try to rekindle some Big East rivalry games and lose them both in one week and now have to crawl back to those Southern games that the pretend they get excited for. Oh and their football program sucks.

The whole thing is delicious, but at least they get to cling to that money which seems to be doing wonders for them.
We were dying for an ACC invite seems to me.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of Cuse fans in that area and they don’t give UConn the respect of being their rival. They still believe GTown is their rival.
UConn surpassed them about 20 years ago, Georgetown is more their speed. They will always have the Melo year (which UConn owned them in) the 6 ot game, and the undefeated t-shirts.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Don’t worry, they got all that acc money to fall back on.

Reaction Score
We were dying for an ACC invite seems to me.
When things were falling apart and it was panic time yes. But Syracuse tried to leave the Big East back when Boston College did - back when everything was intact.

I’m perfectly happy being in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Our football program would.
Syracuse is a basketball school that is in a Southern conference because of college football money
They will never win a national championship in football and their team currently sucks. And their basketball program suffers for it.
And a lot of their fans try to put up a front that they love where they are at and they constantly look down their noses at the Big East.

That’s why I’m enjoying their misery.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Syracuse is a basketball school that is in a Southern conference because of college football money
They will never win a national championship in football and their team currently sucks. And their basketball program suffers for it.
And a lot of their fans try to put up a front that they love where they are at and they constantly look down their noses at the Big East.

That’s why I’m enjoying their misery.
My grandson will be going to Cuse next year and my son lives quite close. That said, I don’t mind them losing, but trashing them for going to the ACC when UConn was dying to go is sorta funny. That was our best hoops rivalry. Personally, I don’t pay much attention to them. I want UConn to succeed and if we play them, beat the snot out of them.

Reaction Score
Our football program would.
I’m speaking from a basketball-centric perspective. I’m exciting to see what Jim Mora can do, but football lost me with Bobby red pants.

Reaction Score
Didn’t realize this but the pregame show said they hadn’t been ranked in 5 years…..did not realize it’s been that long.
Just watching them you can see they don’t have the bodies to play that zone the way they do when it’s been effective.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom