Cuse 1pm CBSSN | The Boneyard

Cuse 1pm CBSSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
#@!%##@!! CBSSN crams more commercials into a football game than any other channel. It is unwatchable on TV. Time outs for TV are interminable while you are at the game.

Reaction Score
It's very odd that we have back to back Saturday afternoon games outside of the normal noon or 3:30 slots. I wonder what, if anything, that means.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think the networks have figured out that if your game on a lesser network starts after the premium game on the big boy network. You will watch the first hour of the premium game, inflating the viewership during that hour.

Reaction Score
Being on CBSSN won't help our media ratings. I am not even sure many people have access to this channel. I do have access but I also have to pay for channels I don't even turn to like B1G network and SEC Network. I have to pay extra for upgraded sports tier just to get CBSSN.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Being on CBSSN won't help our media ratings. I am not even sure many people have access to this channel. I do have access but I also have to pay for channels I don't even turn to like B1G network and SEC Network. I have to pay extra for upgraded sports tier just to get CBSSN.

I don't know...CBSSN is a national network....better than being on SNY and ESPN3. The time is odd though....there must be some logic why this makes sense for them. Maybe catch the half time traffic from other games?

I am surprised you don't watch SEC and BTN...I am always flipping through those channels on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Product of being in the AAC and on CBSsn I guess.

Reaction Score
Good time as a fan and we'll have some viewers from the early games click over. What happens after 3 is harder to predict with FL vs TN possibly interesting but nothing jumps out at you otherwise. Hopefully a good game for us. Need a big win here.

Reaction Score
I don't know...CBSSN is a national network....better than being on SNY and ESPN3. The time is odd though....there must be some logic why this makes sense for them. Maybe catch the half time traffic from other games?

I am surprised you don't watch SEC and BTN...I am always flipping through those channels on Saturday.

I guess CBSSN is a national network. I just know you have to be on premium sports tier just to get this channel along with ESPNU. I don't watch SECN and BTN. However, I do watch PAC-12N on occasion. To be honest, the only team I am interested in watching is UCONN. When UCONN was in the BE, I used to watch other BE teams play. Since we been in the AAC, I lost any desire to watch other AAC teams. I guess we got zero connections with those schools. Once we are in a P5 and have some conference stability, I will start watching conference mates again. For now, it is just UCONN and not much else.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If there is one thing you can guarantee being on CBSSN won't help or hurt your rating numbers.

They don't pay Nielsen and therefore the network isn't rated.

Is there another service they use to measure audiences? Otherwise, how do you sell ad space?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think the networks have figured out that if your game on a lesser network starts after the premium game on the big boy network. You will watch the first hour of the premium game, inflating the viewership during that hour.

Why would CBS start a game at a time that would inflate ratings on other networks? They don't have a game at noon on anything they own.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is there another service they use to measure audiences? Otherwise, how do you sell ad space?

No. I imagine they generate very little. You can safely assume their audience is under 100k almost always which by television rating standards is considered too small to be measured accurately.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
#@!%##@!! CBSSN crams more commercials into a football game than any other channel. It is unwatchable on TV. Time outs for TV are interminable while you are at the game.
Glad you said this. I was watching the game on the app and UConn called a timeout and there were literally 6 commercials....I thought it was just the app giving more ads then necessary considering the stream of a game is always behind the live version. Guess it was the same on TV as well. A timeout is NOT that long....

Reaction Score
10am in Vegas. Where I will be watching with my boss. Who is a Cuse guy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, I'll get 2 games in September for $9.99 on Husky All-access. The Navy game was decent enough quality.

Reaction Score

Game was on SNY on Cablevision, not CBSSN. Hope it dvrs as I'm on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom