Currie Foul on Glory Johnson | The Boneyard

Currie Foul on Glory Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Did anyone get to see this flagrant foul that sent Johnson out of the game? Is this in Currie's nature?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think it's normal for Mo at all. On the other hand, the Mystics must be frustrated. Tulsa just tied them in the standings. In the Sun game last week, the Mystics got called for a flagrant, a clear path, and a technical, all in 2-3 minutes of playing time. It sounds worse than it was, because some of the calls were borderline, but they were getting too physical.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
To me, a flagrant foul on a shooter going in for a layup is much worse than a punch in the nose. You could very easily cause the shooter to have a career affecting injury. That is much worse than a cauliflower nose. There should be no tolerance for that; it should be an automatic ejection and suspension.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I"ll look to see what the Washington Post reports tomorrow.

Reaction Score
To me, a flagrant foul on a shooter going in for a layup is much worse than a punch in the nose. You could very easily cause the shooter to have a career affecting injury. That is much worse than a cauliflower nose. There should be no tolerance for that; it should be an automatic ejection and suspension.
Gee, wonder why a fan would bring up a punch in the nose. One sucker punch from a 6'8" chick could do a lot of harm, just sayn'.

Reaction Score
This is nonsense.

In those situations, it's all about intent. When you punch someone in the nose, your intent is to injure them, whereas that may not have been the case on a foul during a layup attempt.

Reaction Score
From the WNBA Total Access feed, you only see Currie at the last second. She does make a determined play on the ball, but they are converging fast and Glory seems to pick up all of the momentum after they collide. You can't really tell if Currie gave that little extra jolt, but Glory sees it coming, covers the ball up and braces for the collision before flying out of the frame. The expression on Glory's face seems to indicate that she wasn't looking forward to what came next.

Reaction Score

Ask Rudy T. if getting sucker punched can change your career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom