Current 5 Best Freshman | The Boneyard

Current 5 Best Freshman

Reaction Score
Freshman come in ranked on many different platforms and usually are ranked differently on all.

What are your top 5 freshman you have seen this year?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
NaLyssa Smith, Baylor
Christyn Williams, UConn
Taylor Mikesell, Maryland
Naz Hillmon, Michigan

If you'd asked me just two weeks ago, I'd have put Shakira Austin near the top of the list. But she's played quite poorly since Christmas.

Edited because I forgot Smith.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky - HG 32 & PN 18
NaLyssa Smith, Baylor - HG 13 & PN 3
Christyn Williams, UConn - HG 1 & PN 4
Taylor Mikesell, Maryland - HG 33 & PN 60
Naz Hillmon, Michigan - HG 58 & PN 70

Notable injuries:
Prince, Tex - HG 8 & PN 6

Other notables:
Collier, Tex - HG 2 & PN 1
DeCosta, Bay - HG 3 & PN 2
Austin, Md - HG 4 & PN 12
ONO, UConn - HG 5 & PN 7
Henderson, SC - HG 6 & PN 10
Egbo, Bay - HG 7 & PN 27
Scott-Grayson, Bay - HG 20 & PN 5

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Collier is/was hurt?

Egbo has shown up last couple games for Baylor.

My top 3 are the same, but I have about 3-4 that I was trying to decide between for the final two spots.

Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
NaLyssa Smith, Baylor
Christyn Williams, UConn
Taylor Mikesell, Maryland
Naz Hillmon, Michigan

If you'd asked me just two weeks ago, I'd have put Shakira Austin near the top of the list. But she's played quite poorly since Christmas.

Edited because I forgot Smith.

I agree with this. Mikesell has been the best freshman for Maryland. I like Austin and her game but she has some polishing up to do on the offensive end. IMO she will be a great player at some point, just a little raw right now with her offensive game and free throw shooting. Maryland could be a great team if they would decide to take care of the ball and consider playing defense...

Smith, Williams, and Howard stick out the most so far to me. These kids will be special these next few years.

Reaction Score
Not many have impressed me as much as NaLyssa Smith. She can do it all! I’ve said it before but I think she’s Baylor’s best player.

Obviously, Christyn Williams is great & I think we will really see what she has next season because frankly she won’t have a choice.

Haven’t seen other freshman enough to really rank them.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I think NaLyssa Smith is the final piece of the Baylor puzzle... they're really dangerous now. If season ended today, she should run away with FOTY.

The two Taylors are also going to breakout next year. The one who plays for Maryland, and the Oregon girl.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
A few additional freshmen to follow...

-- Elizabeth Balgoun (Georgia Tech): 14.8 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 46.5 percent from the floor, 36.1 percent from three
-- Elizabeth Dixon (Georgia Tech): 11.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 56.3 percent from the floor.

Both Elizabeths (Elizabethi?) were McDonald's All-Americans. And both played high school basketball in Tennessee.

Georgia Tech is 12-4 (2-1 in the ACC). With tonight's win over Duke, GaTech moved up to 37th in the RPI ratings.

Reaction Score
Shaylee Gonzales She plays for BYU. There’s a Youtuber who plays for BYU and I watch Her videos so I will sometimes watch BYU play. She’s pretty good for a freshman averages 17 PPG 4 Assists a Game also and 2 steals a game. Not saying she’s top 5. But thought she was worth mentioning.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few additional freshmen to follow...

-- Elizabeth Balgoun (Georgia Tech): 14.8 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 46.5 percent from the floor, 36.1 percent from three
-- Elizabeth Dixon (Georgia Tech): 11.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 56.3 percent from the floor.

Both Elizabeths (Elizabethi?) were McDonald's All-Americans. And both played high school basketball in Tennessee.

Georgia Tech is 12-4 (2-1 in the ACC). With tonight's win over Duke, GaTech moved up to 37th in the RPI ratings.
Balogun (correct spelling) was impressive in the Jordan Brand game.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. Mikesell has been the best freshman for Maryland. I like Austin and her game but she has some polishing up to do on the offensive end. IMO she will be a great player at some point, just a little raw right now with her offensive game and free throw shooting. Maryland could be a great team if they would decide to take care of the ball and consider playing defense...

Smith, Williams, and Howard stick out the most so far to me. These kids will be special these next few years.
Lot's of talk on the Maryland boards about what is wrong with Austin. The OOC schedule hurt Austin more than any other player this season. She was far more skilled and athletic than the other center she played in the OOC schedule. Now she is playing Big 10 centers and they are too strong for her right now. She is doing well with rebounding and defense but offensively she is playing too fast. She is not a good back to the basket player right now. Fortunately, Maryland have Jones and Fraser down low so they should be OK for now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom