Curling is on | The Boneyard

Curling is on

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We just lost to Sweden, but Italy vs. Denmark is tight and on now if you have the Xfinity streaming deal.

As a longtime curling fan and expert I have to say I like mixed doubles better than the 4 athlete teams.

8 innings and 6 stones an end are enough.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
As a longtime curling fan and expert I have to say I like mixed doubles better than the 4 athlete teams.

8 innings and 6 stones an end are enough.
I took an interest in Curling. Watching of course. There was an article about this Russian chick. Gorgeous. Internet has gone wild. I believe she is in the mixed doubles.

Reaction Score
I took an interest in Curling. Watching of course. There was an article about this Russian chick. Gorgeous. Internet has gone wild. I believe she is in the mixed doubles.

Poor coaching and no offensive scheme. They are just sliding the stones around the perimeter and hoping that the last stone gets some points. They need to get an inside game going and knock the stones around more.

Reaction Score
Speaking of pressure, the Canadian women's team is in danger of missing the medal round after three straight losses. No Canadian team ever has failed to medal or even lost that many games in an Olympic tournament.
The skip of the team is getting criticized not just for playing poorly but also for being a bad sport. She pulled a burned opponent rock in their last game, something akin to refusing to concede a gimme putt but apparently a lot ruder.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Speaking of pressure, the Canadian women's team is in danger of missing the medal round after three straight losses. No Canadian team ever has failed to medal or even lost that many games in an Olympic tournament.
The skip of the team is getting criticized not just for playing poorly but also for being a bad sport. She pulled a burned opponent rock in their last game, something akin to refusing to concede a gimme putt but apparently a lot ruder.

The athletes crack like eggs during the matches. You can see the meltdown in their eyes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm Scottish from Canada. My wife inherited 30 stones from the Lake Placid games that adorn our driveway and ... I don't get the draw of this sport at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm Scottish from Canada. My wife inherited 30 stones from the Lake Placid games that adorn our driveway and ... I don't get the draw of this sport at all.

Curling wasn’t a part of the 1980 Olympics.....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Curling wasn’t a part of the 1980 Olympics.....

A family myth? Now a mystery ... where did they come from? Her dad was a civil engineer involved in the engineering and construction of several venues.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A family myth? Now a mystery ... where did they come from? Her dad was a civil engineer involved in the engineering and construction of several venues.

I would certainly demand answers.

A driveway filled with inauthentic curling stones. What are the neighbors going to say?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The US and Russia in a big women’s match streaming now.

You know it’s big they drew the best announcer. I could listen to this guy narrate anything and everything.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You know it’s big they drew the best announcer. I could listen to this guy narrate anything and everything.

Always thought Ernie Johnson would make a great curling announcer.

Reaction Score
IMG_9418.JPG

Curlers w/ glasses...the next big thing

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mau, there are some curling babes from what I seen. I am starting to be a huge fan. Is curling a league sport or like Bocci, gather around with a glass of wine and a beer at a club.
I would hate to wait another 4 years for it.

Waiting for cornhole to be an Olympic sport I train hard for this with my Huskies game all summer.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Heavyweight tiddlywinks. All the excitement a broom can wield.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom