Cummings Needs To Go | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cummings Needs To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never should have got rid of Mike Foley
The O-line was starting to go down hill Foley's last couple of years. Someone told me that the person that recognized and recruited talent that could be developed into good linemen was Norries Wilson and most of the players Foley had success with were with Wilson recruited players. It just took 5 years after Wilson's departure for them to be all gone from the program.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The O-line was starting to go down hill Foley's last couple of years. Someone told me that the person that recognized and recruited talent that could be developed into good linemen was Norries Wilson and most of the players Foley had success with were with Wilson recruited players. It just took 5 years after Wilson's departure for them to be all gone from the program.

??

That someone isn't using facts. First, if you think that a guy who left in 2005 was responsible for a good O-LINE in 2010, I've got land in the everglades to sell you. Second, Foley has already taken a crap UMASS O-LINE in year 1 and was able to get them to a point where they were putting up points and good rushing numbers against SEC defenses. Third, Foley's final year of controlling the O-LINE (2011) at UCONN was the last time we had a 1,000 yard rusher, and the kid was 160 pounds wet.

But yeah....he's no good...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I actually agree with this. Unfortunately, the results are, somehow (HOW???) even worse.

There was no way this could happen....and it happened. Only at UCONN

Oh stop. The results are worse for HCBD because he started with a roster of kids recruited by P and P started with a roster of kids who were defending Big East Champions.

HCBD has not shown the ability to be a decent head coach yet. But comparing him to P based on wins and losses is totally disingenous.

Reaction Score
This is an exercise in futility. Diaco is awful at running a program. Just awful. Firing him is the answer. You could hire Petrino as OC and we'd still suck.

Reaction Score
PP just cashed a check and let the core go rotten. Diaco at least tried and I'm quite sure the core is far better than when Diaco got here.

Big difference in my opinion.

Would have said that a month ago. Not so much today. But "the culture is strong", so we're all good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom