CTInsider | The Boneyard

CTInsider

Reaction Score
Has anyone tried to cancel their subscription? What a nightmare. I absolutely will never ever do business with them again.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
When my car lease ended, and I tried to cancel my Sirius XM subscription. I wasn't getting another car and the guy from customer "service" took an hour trying to sell me an in-house receiver instead so I would keep my subscription before he finally processed the cancellation. Will never do business with them again.

Reaction Score
Going to be quite the battle for top spot in college sports superconference dominance. I can tell you with high confidence that the announcement of former Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment CEO Brett Yorkmark as new Big 12 commish yesterday is a signal of planned aggressiveness.

Reaction Score
Other than them immediately calling me and asking me if I was sure I wanted to cancel (I was), I didn't find it all that difficult

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
What timing!

I subscribed last November for 6 months for 99 cents. When I went to cancel in May, I discovered they don't have an online option for that. Red flag #1.

So I called, and of course they gave me the option to renew at 99 cents. So I agreed. But they couldn't provide any type of confirmation number or email. Red flag #2.

Lo and behold I get my credit card bill and find a charge of $15.96. So I call. The guy tells me he sees the problem and will correct it. Yea ok.

I get my next bill. No credit, but another 99 cent charge. So I call again. First person tells me twice that the subscription expired (not true). I scream for a supervisor, who claims that I was credited so I should call my bank.

The bank has no record of the credit and has started the paperwork for the dispute.

So it's either total incompetence or they're thieves.

When the current subscription expires I won't be renewing.

Maybe I should get Mike Anthony on the case

Reaction Score
What timing!

I subscribed last November for 6 months for 99 cents. When I went to cancel in May, I discovered they don't have an online option for that. Red flag #1.

So I called, and of course they gave me the option to renew at 99 cents. So I agreed. But they couldn't provide any type of confirmation number or email. Red flag #2.

Lo and behold I get my credit card bill and find a charge of $15.96. So I call. The guy tells me he sees the problem and will correct it. Yea ok.

I get my next bill. No credit, but another 99 cent charge. So I call again. First person tells me twice that the subscription expired (not true). I scream for a supervisor, who claims that I was credited so I should call my bank.

The bank has no record of the credit and has started the paperwork for the dispute.

So it's either total incompetence or they're thieves.

When the current subscription expires I won't be renewing.

Maybe I should get Mike Anthony on the case
You can 100% unsubscribe online, that's how I did. If you want to do it here's the link

ctinsider.com/myaccount

Reaction Score
When my car lease ended, and I tried to cancel my Sirius XM subscription. I wasn't getting another car and the guy from customer "service" took an hour trying to sell me an in-house receiver instead so I would keep my subscription before he finally processed the cancellation. Will never do business with them again.
Just tell them you’re going to prison.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Every year I call just before it expires and every year I get the deal again. It's a silly dance but Sirius in the car is worth it to me as well.
I do the same thing. The difference is Sirius immediately emails all of the details. CTInsider has no confirmation mechanism.

Reaction Score
Every year I call just before it expires and every year I get the deal again. It's a silly dance but Sirius in the car is worth it to me as well.
Next year I'm going to let mine lapse and then call a couple of weeks later and get the new subscriber virtually free rate.

Reaction Score
I do the same thing. The difference is Sirius immediately emails all of the details. CTInsider has no confirmation mechanism.

My card expired and forgot to update and forgot I had it. They billed me for like 3 months with a letter in the mail. Instead of asking me to update my card via email. Never again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom