CTInsider article: Newtons decision coming soon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CTInsider article: Newtons decision coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course I know what this means, but why doesn't somebody explain it to everyone else.
conhecendo algum carly rae jepsen GIF

Reaction Score
AJ is my favorite player, but Tristen is the guy I’d most like to hang out with. Similar to RJ, he always has a smile on his face. It’s an endearing quality and one that I greatly admire. Whether he stays or leaves, I’ll always remember him for that. Stay happy Tristen. If you do, you’ll always be successful in life.

Reaction Score
It's just too hard to say at this point, IMO. It's a brain exercise for sure. If Newton and Alleyne are to return, I am sure Hurley and staff have ideas of Newton and Castle being on the court at the same time a la Boatright and Bazz or Kemba and Bazz.
Also Sanogo & Clingan? In Hurley we trust!!!!

Reaction Score
I really hope Samson does come back. I don’t know much about him but I did wonder how he must have felt this season.
"I just was telling myself everything happens for a reason," Johnson said. "I'm still going hard in practice, doing everything I can to make something happen. Anything can happen at any given time. You just have to be ready for it, ready for the call. I'm just happy to see my teammates step up and having fun and the team's success."

Reaction Score
"I just was telling myself everything happens for a reason," Johnson said. "I'm still going hard in practice, doing everything I can to make something happen. Anything can happen at any given time. You just have to be ready for it, ready for the call. I'm just happy to see my teammates step up and having fun and the team's success."

Thanks! I haven’t heard much from him but from what I can tell he seems like he’s a great kid. I don’t know that too many recruits, or myself for that matter would have looked at it in such a mature way.
I’m looking forward to seeing how much he progressed after a year practicing with AS, AJ 8 AK.

Reaction Score
hearing from a legit source that Newton and Alleyne have both commited to come back and announcements are imminent.

Reaction Score
Castle is too redundant with Newton and Jackson. We need a spacer for those 2 and Don down low. Alleyne is a very good connective piece that can shoot(in theory), and 20x the defender Timberlake is. I’ll accept Timberlake starting over Alleyne, but Castle makes way more sense coming off the bench.
For the last time Castle the burger boy is not coming off the bench. He is just too talented not too start. Newton's shot looked money at times and I'm sure Jackson's shot will get better. If we need a shooter off the bench then Alleyne or a transfer SG will play more.

Reaction Score
We were lucky this year injury wise. It would be good to have extra insurance.
This is something that I haven't seen mentioned enough. Obviously there is an element of bad luck involved with injuries, but our strength coach Gavin Roberts and all the rest of the training staff did an unbelievable job of keeping our guys healthy and well prepared physically throughout the season. Huge shout out to them.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
We were lucky this year injury wise. It would be good to have extra insurance.
So true. I was thinking about this during the “lucky” thread during the tourney.

Reaction Score
Nahiem has a reason to come back besides basketball.

Today is Nika’s birthday

I know we're not supposed to comment on anything specific, but...nice work Naheim.

Back to basketball, what I LOVE about Tristen is how he stepped up as competition got even tougher:

First 19 games: 35.0 2p%, 1.1 3PM, 35.0 3p%, 4.3 FTA, 80.2 FT%, 8.9p, 4.0r, 4.1a, 2.2 TO

Last 18 games: 38.1 2p%, 1.3 3PM, 41.1 3p%, 3.9 FTA, 81.4 FT%, 11.1p, 5.1r, 5.6a, 2.6 TO

Reaction Score
To my mostly untrained eye, felt like Newton turned the corner a bit on finishing down the stretch. He went stronger and tried to make the shot vs bringing it down lower and only trying to draw fouls. Anyone notice this?

I think it was a BET game where he was getting mauled and zero calls over and over again and I think that may have been where the adjustment occurred. What game was that?

With his size and strength him finishing through contact makes him all sorts of difficult to defend!!!

Reaction Score
I think Tristen can surprise a lot of people and be MUCH better next season
He had to step into a very difficult role this year, and had his ups and downs during the season but really kinda figured it out 2nd half of BigEast play.

He will be a great beneficiary of Castle because he can move off the ball and be a true combo which is really his role and not be pestered having to bring the ball up for 40 minutes. With AJ & Castle running point Tristen becomes a pretty crazy complementary piece.

Reaction Score
The idea that we will have 3 very high level 6'5-6'7 guys who can create would be an absolute matchup nightmare for any team in the country

Tristen had to step into a very difficult role this year, and had his ups and downs during the season but really kinda figured it out 2nd half of BigEast play.

He will be a great beneficiary of Castle because he can move off the ball and be a true combo which is really his role and not be pestered having to bring the ball up for 40 minutes. With AJ & Castle running point Tristen becomes a pretty crazy complementary piece.

Reaction Score
For the last time Castle the burger boy is not coming off the bench. He is just too talented not too start. Newton's shot looked money at times and I'm sure Jackson's shot will get better. If we need a shooter off the bench then Alleyne or a transfer SG will play more.
Granted. Castle is very talented. But it may take him some time to adjust to college BB. As most of you are aware, that is not always a seamless transition.

Reaction Score
The idea that we will have 3 very high level 6'5-6'7 guys who can create would be an absolute matchup nightmare for any team in the country

Tristen had to step into a very difficult role this year, and had his ups and downs during the season but really kinda figured it out 2nd half of BigEast play.

We were already 4th in the country in assists per game as a team this year. Imagine what that would look like with another year of Andre and Newton improving combined with Castle coming in. Ball movement would be spectacular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom