OT: - CT Traffic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Traffic

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Tolls. Now!

I went from Westbrook to old Lyme yesterday evening. In that 9 mile journey up 95 I passed 24 cars. 21 had out of state plates. Yea I count. And my gf actually has been compiling footage of me yelling about it while I drive , for last year and a half. Says she’s making a documentary.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Tolls. Now!

I went from Westbrook to old Lyme yesterday evening. In that 9 mile journey up 95 I passed 24 cars. 21 had out of state plates. Yea I count. And my gf actually has been compiling footage of me yelling about it while I drive , for last year and a half. Says she’s making a documentary.
'Tolls. Now!'
'Dream' is a utuber with 10s of millions of subs. here is one of his posts from a few days ago -29,000,000 views.

at best, ur tolls dream is good for, what, 10 or 20 thousand hits? i'm not a gamer, but i do have eyes and ears. try again. try something with puppies or whatever, then u'll have a real audience.

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Maybe, but compared to Massholes and New Yorkers? I'll take the home team here.
That’s where I was originally, but now I’m not so sure.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Connecticut drivers are every bit as bad as massholes, new jokers, or road idiots. The road rage disease is at pandemic levels here now.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised no one has mentioned that the DOT is back to its usual ways of blocking off one or multiple lanes of highways for 58 miles causing brutal gridlock to pick up 8 leaves off the side of the road.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Queue the 860 hayseeds with 5 lanes on I-84 to yell at us whining about traffic.

Reaction Score
Connecticut drivers are every bit as bad as massholes, new jokers, or road idiots. The road rage disease is at pandemic levels here now.
I was back in CT a few weeks ago thinking how much better the CT drivers are than the idiots and maniacs in Florida. After thinking that, I had some CT lunatic passing all traffic on I291 from the breakdown lane. There are jokers and idiots everywhere.

Reaction Score
Queue the 860 hayseeds with 5 lanes on I-84 to yell at us whining about traffic.

Hey, you chose to live in a place with one two-lane highway and a parkway with no shoulder . . .

Reaction Score
I was back in CT a few weeks ago thinking how much better the CT drivers are than the idiots and maniacs in Florida. After thinking that, I had some CT lunatic passing all traffic on I291 from the breakdown lane. There are jokers and idiots everywhere.

There's just more of them in Florida. For all the talk about bad drivers in this area, Florida is the worst by a country #$$&ing mile.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There's just more of them in Florida. For all the talk about bad drivers in this area, Florida is the worst by a country #$$&ing mile.

On any given day I see at least 100 people driving on roads or in parking lots who could die that day from old age.

It's unbelievable how many Buick and Lincoln sedans are on the roads down here.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Hey, you chose to live in a place with one two-lane highway and a parkway with no shoulder . . .

...says the guy whose stretch of 84 had to get rebuilt TWICE due to corruption. :)

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
On any given day I see at least 100 people driving on roads or in parking lots who could die that day from old age.

It's unbelievable how many Buick and Lincoln sedans are on the roads down here.
It blows my mind that there is no retest for drivers licenses after a certain age. Prior to my grandmothers passing, she would come home with the car dented up and not know how it happened.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Peak pandemic, I went from Wethersfield to Greenwich and back in 2 hours, 10 minutes. Dropped some cases of Heady/Focal on my buddies doorstep. During peak traffic times, that round trip could take as many as 4 hours, 5 if there’s an accident on the Merritt.

Reaction Score
It blows my mind that there is no retest for drivers licenses after a certain age. Prior to my grandmothers passing, she would come home with the car dented up and not know how it happened.

The patriarch of the family across the street from me growing up drove until the day he died at 103. I would routinely go out for school and his car would be parked in the middle of their back yard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Based on travel around the country I have to concur our CT drivers are bad. They have no trouble sitting in any lane doing their own thing.... blocking..
CT drivers used to be great about staying to the right except to pass, less so now. That said, if there is an asshat bogging the passing lane, it's a New Yorker more time than not.

CL82

Reaction Score
Tolls. Now!

Please post it. The car footage of your ex talking about aliens was gold. I expect this will be good too.

CL82

Reaction Score
Lol, I remember periodically "taking my grandmother to lunch" and suggesting that she drive. She would smile knowingly but just say "sure."

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
On Friday there was a tractor trailer vs tractor trailer crash right by exit 66 in Vernon. That ish was backed up to Buckland Hills exits and 83 into Ellington and 30 into Tolland were bumper to bumper for hours. Wasn’t fully cleaned up until Saturday afternoon. Obviously an extraordinary event but had it happened just a month ago it would not have been such a big deal.

Reaction Score
Even Google Maps agrees with me that traffic is worse than it normally should on a Monday...

1620071558736.png

Reaction Score
In Az drivers licenses are issued for many years maybe even 20.
However if you’re 65 or over , it’s issued for 5 and you are required to pass an eye examination to renew. I’m not sure if they’re looking for other things but I suspect if their was an obvious impairment they could withhold the license..

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The insurance defense lawyers who defend car accident cases call the ones that result from those circumstances “last rides,” because the family usually has “the talk” after that and convinces them to give up their license.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom