CT Sun | The Boneyard

CT Sun

Reaction Score
It seems KML is no longer on the roster. Did she get traded?

Also, Tanya Atkinson, from New Haven, has been signed to a training camp contract.

Reaction Score
That can’t afford KML unless they suspend Alyssa Thomas for her season ending injury. I have a feeling they’ll pay Thomas and she’ll take up a roster spot and $200K in salary cap.

They picked up a good rookie in Dijonai Carrington last night.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Detailed write up about Carrington

“She may be the best two-way wing in the draft,” Miller said. “Really believe that she can score in multiple levels, strong and physical guard that can guard multiple positions. She’ll tell you that you don’t need to run plays for her, that she can create her own offense and transition off of her defense making hustle plays. She came off the bench for Baylor all year, you want to talk about a humble superstar in someone that understands the mantra that it doesn’t matter who starts the game, it’s who finishes the game.

She’ll be competing against the Sun’s other two draft picks, Aleah Goodman (Oregon State) and Micaela Kelly (Central Michigan), along with nine free agents for the two open spots.

But Carrington isn’t afraid of pressure. “Whenever you have an opportunity to go against the best in the world, it’s always something that you have to just relish,” she said. “Competitiveness is in my DNA and I’m just gonna battle. … It’s a unique opportunity whereas Coach Miller said there are spots available on the roster and that’s what I’m coming in to take. I’m not someone who’s ever been afraid of people because of who they are on paper. I’m excited to learn from our vets, but I’m also excited to challenge them as they’re going to challenge me.”

Reaction Score
While I would like to see Aleah Goodman earn a spot, I am a big fan of Carrington, having seen her multiple times in person against OSU, and WCBB broadcasts. She has a WNBA frame, and is a very physical player. I think she'll land somewhere in the WNBA, if not on an international team.

Reaction Score
While I would like to see Aleah Goodman earn a spot, I am a big fan of Carrington, having seen her multiple times in person against OSU, and WCBB broadcasts. She has a WNBA frame, and is a very physical player. I think she'll land somewhere in the WNBA, if not on an international team.
Agree that Carrington has a WNBA frame and is a physical player. I'm just not convinced yet that her game is WNBA-ready; she's scrappy, but IMHO isn't savvy enough with the ball or physical enough around the rim to go toe-to-toe with WNBA bigs in the paint. As for the wing spot, she's a streaky shooter at best and doesn't have the ball-handling skill of other big wings, even those currently in the college game (compare her, for example, to someone like Haley Jones, who is really exemplifying what the big wing position can be). I think she's versatile, but that is only helpful when it's on the right team; for that reason, I think she's lucky she ended up on the Sun, given their relatively open cap space, but if she had landed somewhere else, I think she'd only have a long shot to actually sign a contract. She's also lucky that she had a hot night in the very widely watched Baylor/UConn game, which I think tremendously raised her profile.

TLDR; she's good, but lucky, and I'm still not convinced she's getting signed (or, if she does, sticking around for very long).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom