CT Sun Roster | The Boneyard

CT Sun Roster

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Excruciating time for this Sun fan. This time of the season is worse than the tension of draft night. All you can do there is add to your roster. You may not make the ideal pick, but you've added a good player. Making the final cuts is way more stressful.

It's the last week of camp and 3 or 4 (depends on JJ's timeline) really good players must go. Cut Nikki Greene, Bri Jones and/or Cayla George? The Sun could really use the size to bolster a talented, but undersized frontcourt.

The backcourt is an even more confusing picture. I think Jas and Courtney are the clear starters. Then there's a logjam of talented players led by Alex Bentley and 2 high draft choices.

Lexie Brown did not come out of the box and tear it up like the #10 pick did. She looked tentative and a bit lost. I see improvement each outing and she might well be a successful pick ultimately, but she's going to need time to get there. In any case, she's a lock to make the team.

Rachel Banham has never looked better in a Sun uniform. More fit, 100% healthy, and a much higher confidence level than in the past.

Romero was drafted with high hopes but has seen little game time in the preseason after a late report. I don't really like foreign players who are so committed to their national team needs. Makes me think she'll be a part-timer down the road. Regretfully, I'd vote her off the island if I had a vote.

Betnijah Laney has been great this preseason, and that really messes with my original assumptions. She brings right now what Miller was looking for in Bria Holmes. She's made her case to get a spot and I think she just might.

Good luck to Curt Miller. He's got to get rid of 3-4 players who could really help this team and who have WNBA talents. :(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Excruciating time for this Sun fan. This time of the season is worse than the tension of draft night. All you can do there is add to your roster. You may not make the ideal pick, but you've added a good player. Making the final cuts is way more stressful.

It's the last week of camp and 3 or 4 (depends on JJ's timeline) really good players must go. Cut Nikki Greene, Bri Jones and/or Cayla George? The Sun could really use the size to bolster a talented, but undersized frontcourt.

The backcourt is an even more confusing picture. I think Jas and Courtney are the clear starters. Then there's a logjam of talented players led by Alex Bentley and 2 high draft choices.

Lexie Brown did not come out of the box and tear it up like the #10 pick did. She looked tentative and a bit lost. I see improvement each outing and she might well be a successful pick ultimately, but she's going to need time to get there. In any case, she's a lock to make the team.

Rachel Banham has never looked better in a Sun uniform. More fit, 100% healthy, and a much higher confidence level than in the past.

Romero was drafted with high hopes but has seen little game time in the preseason after a late report. I don't really like foreign players who are so committed to their national team needs. Makes me think she'll be a part-timer down the road. Regretfully, I'd vote her off the island if I had a vote.

Betnijah Laney has been great this preseason, and that really messes with my original assumptions. She brings right now what Miller was looking for in Bria Holmes. She's made her case to get a spot and I think she just might.

Good luck to Curt Miller. He's got to get rid of 3-4 players who could really help this team and who have WNBA talents. :(
Did you go to the Bridgeport game?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Did you go to the Bridgeport game?

No, I didn't relish the long drive, followed by a $10 parking fee AND not being able to select an available seat. Only 1610 seats were sold - not good. I probably would have gone anyway it if it were a regular season game. I'm admittedly spoiled by the convenience and economy of the Mohegan Sun Arena. I also fell for the tease of having the game listed on LeaguePass BUT not available. I had to follow the play-by-play on the WNBA app as best I could.

Lexie, Rachel and Alex had good stat lines. Cayla, Jess and Leticia not so much. Nikki DNP, presumably due to the injury. Jas and Strick struggled, but they aren't fighting for a job. If it was up to me right now, Nikki, Jess, Leticia are waived. When JJ comes back, probably Cayla too, but I hate seeing that size go out the door. To my surprise Cayla just hasn't done much in the preseason.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
image1.PNG
Could someone maybe explain to The Day exactly what a 'ho' is? I know it isn't what they meant, but it is just oh so wrong. I'm assuming the references is to the Seven Dwarfs, but that is 'Heigh-Ho'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom