CT Sun Rookies... Any Info? | The Boneyard

CT Sun Rookies... Any Info?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The Sun drafted Kaila Charles and (after JJ opted out) acquired Beatrice Mompremier. I've looked at some video and I really can't decide if these players will have much impact.

Kaila looks like an all-round good player and could find some minutes if she can show she has some range. Seems like a positive teammate also.

Beatrice is more athletic than I thought. She runs the floor well and has good footwork under the rim. Looks to be very similar to Kristine Anigwe. One thing I noticed over and over was her propensity to use an elbow to clear space (and once in a while just for the heck of it). Not sure how that will fly with either the refs or (more importantly) more physical opponents. For all the success Bri Jones has had overseas she can't seem to secure a lot of minutes on this squad. Maybe Beatrice will be a better option for the Sun next year when Bri comes off her rookie contract looking for a better payday?

Anyone have good info on these players and how they might fit in in the WNBA?

Reaction Score
The Sun drafted Kaila Charles and (after JJ opted out) acquired Beatrice Mompremier. I've looked at some video and I really can't decide if these players will have much impact.

Kaila looks like an all-round good player and could find some minutes if she can show she has some range. Seems like a positive teammate also.

Beatrice is more athletic than I thought. She runs the floor well and has good footwork under the rim. Looks to be very similar to Kristine Anigwe. One thing I noticed over and over was her propensity to use an elbow to clear space (and once in a while just for the heck of it). Not sure how that will fly with either the refs or (more importantly) more physical opponents. For all the success Bri Jones has had overseas she can't seem to secure a lot of minutes on this squad. Maybe Beatrice will be a better option for the Sun next year when Bri comes off her rookie contract looking for a better payday?

Anyone have good info on these players and how they might fit in in the WNBA?
I assumed Bri Jones would get the starting nod at C with JJ opting out. I’d be surprised if Beatrice starts. Only other option is T. Plaisance unless the Sun goes with 3 guards and Bonner and AT in the post. So who do you believe will start? @psconn.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I haven't given it a lot of thought but I have a feeling it will probably be AT, DB, BJ, JT & BH. Matchups will be a huge factor when it comes to minutes played, especially for Brionna. Bria Holmes signed at a "hometown discount" and I'm thinking she gets rewarded, especially early on.

Reaction Score
I haven't given it a lot of thought but I have a feeling it will probably be AT, DB, BJ, JT & BH. Matchups will be a huge factor when it comes to minutes played, especially for Brionna. Bria Holmes signed at a "hometown discount" and I'm thinking she gets rewarded, especially early on.
Yeah I can see this lineup too since Holmes is the best player off the bench for them now. I was just thinking they’d replace JJ with a traditional post instead of going smaller. But guess we’ll see what they roll out with if and when the season starts.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yeah I can see this lineup too since Holmes is the best player off the bench for them now. I was just thinking they’d replace JJ with a traditional post instead of going smaller. But guess we’ll see what they roll out with if and when the season starts.

I too like that starting lineup with Plaisance giving them a versatile stretch 4/5 first off the bench, probably seeing 25 minutes a game. She’s a good inside-outside offensive player, and a good interior defender and team defender. Plaisance and Bonner in the game together will give teams fits. I like the versatility the Sun have in the front court, with everyone but Jones able to play more than one position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom