OT: - CT Ranked 43rd Most Fun State | The Boneyard

OT: CT Ranked 43rd Most Fun State

Reaction Score
I can't speak to a lot of those places (Nebraska? Really?), but I'd rank Rhode Island waaaay ahead of Connecticut on the fun scale. For one thing, if you want to start your fun day in, say, Newport, you can finish it in, say, Providence without any problem at all because the state is just that small.

Reaction Score
This is blatantly unfair. I have traveled thru Connecticut from NYC to Boston and back many many times and had great fun thinking about what I’d do when I got there.

Reaction Score
Apparently, the Boneyard wasn't factored in the "Where to Have Fun"

U.S. States, Ranked from Least to Most Fun
Well, actually, the Boneyard is ranked quite high in all 50 states on the "Where to Have Fun" scale. Unfortunately for Connecticut, while they do have the Huskies, the USA has the most Huskies fans.

Not only that, but there is fun to be had everywhere. Polls like these are created for people who have to buy fun, not live it or experience it.

Reaction Score
I can't speak to a lot of those places (Nebraska? Really?), but I'd rank Rhode Island waaaay ahead of Connecticut on the fun scale. For one thing, if you want to start your fun day in, say, Newport, you can finish it in, say, Providence without any problem at all because the state is just that small.
Have you ever experienced a 100 acre corn maze? With pumpkins carved by Lucifer himself? With children? Living (or visiting) a Stephen King nightmare is high on most people's list.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I know, it's just a clickbait article...

Most of the accompanying photos show outdoor recreation, but many of the best outdoor rec states are low on the list. That don't make no sense.

Reaction Score
At least you’re not Delaware. (I know, that’s not much consolation.) Deadly dull dreary Delaware. Where, if you want to buy a bottle of wine, you have to go to a liquor store. And they all close at 6 PM.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I guess proximity to NYC and Boston doesn't help your ranking. Some of the states higher on the list were real head scratchers. Iowa?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It also has the lowest Covid infection rate right now. Could the two be related?
Connecticut does? The pathetic response to COVID in South Carolina is a big reason I'm moving back to NYC/NNJ when I retire.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
If fun was a function of area, and to some extent it is (more area = more possible fun activities within that area), then CT should be 47th in fun. In other words, CT actually outperforms its size in terms of fun.

However, for me health is more important than fun and does not depend on area. Three of the top ten in fun, California, New York and Minnesota, usually rank in the top ten in longevity as well. The other states in the top ten for fun are in the bottom half with longevity rates.

Connecticut is usually in the top five for longevity, as is Hawaii, two of the smaller states.

Reaction Score
Delaware has Punkin Chuckin. West Virginia has the New River Gorge Bridge. What more could you want? ;)
Ooooh. Do they use a trebuchet? If so, awesome. That's worth the price of admission.

Now, if the New River Gorge Bridge allows bungie jumping, then it seems all is equal. Even better, how about a trebuchet bungie jump?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess proximity to NYC and Boston doesn't help your ranking. Some of the states higher on the list were real head scratchers. Iowa?
If Obesity and Fun are related, Iowa should be first on the list. I always felt incredibly thin whenever I stopped on the highway on my way to Colorado.

Reaction Score
If Obesity and Fun are related, Iowa should be first on the list. I always felt incredibly thin whenever I stopped on the highway on my way to Colorado.

I've been to Iowa many times on business, and it isn't all bad. But, if you live there, I imagine it could be pretty boring. They are big on corn, soybeans, oats, hay, wheat, etc. They also have a lot of life insurance companies. So I guess for fun you sit around eating your backyard and calculating when you're going to die. Fun is relative, after all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom