CT Native With Another Big Night | The Boneyard

CT Native With Another Big Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
At least wait until the Terps stop playing Little Sisters of the Poor teams like High Point before beginning the chirping. I'm pretty sure the Terps and KGill would do well against our local CYO team too, but I would be embarrassed about playing it up.

Reaction Score
Actually the star of the game was Shatori Walker-Kimbrough. 26/10 with 4 blocks. She is 17/26 which is 65% for two games. I'm waiting for the Syracuse game to see how far Gillespie have progressed. That game will be a good test for her.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Two sure things:

1. She will put up good numbers at Maryland.
2. She will end her career with zero championship rings.

Reaction Score
Two sure things:

The first part is true but the second part is a work in progress. The 2016, 2017 and 2018-19 seasons will be up for grabs and any one of 9 teams can win it all including Maryland.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I haven't paid close attention, but I see that Gillespie is starting and Malina Howard is not. I think Kiah could be one of the top 10 frosh in terms of impact.

I don't think that Geno dropped the ball, however. Kiah was disinterested at the UConn practice, which turned Geno off. Kiah has the talent to play at UConn, but not the interest and maybe not the mindset. We have Lou, Phee, and DJB instead, so I'm happy.

Though Maryland will miss Mincy and Brown, I like Walker-Kimbrough and Moseley. I don't think they are quite a Final Four team, but they could get lucky. If they had Tara coaching instead of Brenda, their chances would be much improved.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The first part is true but the second part is a work in progress. The 2016, 2017 and 2018-19 seasons will be up for grabs and any one of 9 teams can win it all including Maryland.
We'll miss Stewie and Moriah for sure. But we have Morgan back, and both Kia and Gabby look like stars in the making. When Lou and Napheesa get acclimated, they will outplay the competition. And Crystal will look like Moriah.

The Terps are adding some nice recruits, and I think they'll be top 5, but the coaching at UConn and ND are tough to beat. I think there are about 3-5 true contenders most years. Sometimes only 1 or 2.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Two sure things:

I believe that #2 is a bit harsh. We all wish Kiah well in her career, of course. But Brenda has won an NC and she is recruiting very well. I think it's more accurate to say that it is unlikely that she will play on an NC team.

Reaction Score
Two sure things:

I know these are factoids. Questions for you:
1. Was she offered a scholarship with a top 3 team?
2. Isn't it great a Connecticut kid (that's what this BY is about) is having a an opportunity to put up big numbers.
3. It is not a crime to wish a Connecticut kid well, even playing for Md (no questions just a comment).

Reaction Score
I believe that #2 is a bit harsh. We all wish Kiah well in her career, of course. But Brenda has won an NC and she is recruiting very well. I think it's more accurate to say that it is unlikely that she will play on an NC team.
Fighting soldiers from the sky
Men who jump

America's Best.

They wear it proudly!*(the Green Beret)

Can't remember all of it by Barry Sadlers---Green Beret

Your Avatar--jarred my memory. Maybe not well written but the message was superb.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I know these are factoids. Questions for you:
1. Was she offered a scholarship with a top 3 team?
2. Isn't it great a Connecticut kid (that's what this BY is about) is having a an opportunity to put up big numbers.
3. It is not a crime to wish a Connecticut kid well, even playing for Md (no questions just a comment).

Bud doesn't that take all of the fun out of it if you are nice and wish a teenager well? Isn't it more fun to take jabs at her?

Reaction Score
Bud doesn't that take all of the fun out of it if you are nice and wish a teenager well? Isn't it more fun to take jabs at her?
I'm not happy taking jabs at even a Tenn player (but I do it--shame on me).

JS

Reaction Score
You don't seem to have followed the saga of the past week or so, ETT.

People are countering an enormous trolling effort by the OP, which of course won't be tolerated if it continues game by game.

(Scroll down to the locked thread; and see my thread on trolling, inspired by a true story.)

His original headline was, of course, IN ALL CAPS, just to be obnoxious.

Reaction Score
At least wait until the Terps stop playing Little Sisters of the Poor teams like High Point before beginning the chirping. I'm pretty sure the Terps and KGill would do well against our local CYO team too, but I would be embarrassed about playing it up.

Brenda plays 9 pathetic pushovers in her non-conference schedule. Then plays in a weak conference, 25 wins are guaranteed.

Walz is gone, she can forget another national championship - final fours in weak years, with humiliating results do not equal NC contender

JS

Reaction Score
Brenda plays 9 pathetic pushovers in her non-conference schedule. Then plays in a weak conference, 25 wins are guaranteed.

Walz is gone, she can forget another national championship - final fours in weak years, with humiliating results do not equal NC contender
I don't know how, at this rate, you're ever going to get elected president of the Frese Fanatics fan club, John.

Twenty straight knocks on her and her program may be taking a toll on your chances.

You could at least say she has a lovely smile.

And please don't say it looks like she's considering attacking someone with her teeth.

images

Reaction Score

This is the classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. I guess playing with mid-major teams will do that to you. At least Maryland plays in a grown folks conference.
Enjoy beating up on USF, UCF, Navy, Cincinnati, SMU, East Carolina, Temple, Houston, Memphis, Tulane and Tulsa. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
By the way. KG scored 18 points today. She can do everything (shoot, dribble, pass, rebound, block shots, play defense.) She played all 5 positions today. A star in the making. She has done the state of Connecticut proud.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is the classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. I guess playing with mid-major teams will do that to you. At least Maryland plays in a grown folks conference.
Enjoy beating up on USF, UCF, Navy, Cincinnati, SMU, East Carolina, Temple, Houston, Memphis, Tulane and Tulsa. :rolleyes:

oh snap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01