CT Media needs to push | The Boneyard

CT Media needs to push

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
But they won't. I know there's the whole, don't bite the hand that feeds you. However, there needs to be someone other than Jacobs who can write scathing articles in CT. They need to push Warde and Susan on their viewpoint on PP and the impact on the football program. They need to bring up the fact that we didn't score our first second half TD until tonight. They need to bring up how we just got rejected by the ACC because of football and how is that getting fixed.

Of course none will do this and it's a crime. I just wish it would happen. Nothing like this would ever be allowed to pass as being ok in any major conference school. If UConn wants to play with the big boys EVERYONE, media included, needs to step up the pressure.

Reaction Score
It's hard for reporters to ask questions with their heads stuck so far up PP's ass.

Reaction Score
Don't they only listen to the great HS coaches of this state only? Wasn't it there doing in getting Coach P hired?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I saw Dez tweeting early in the game and using the term "wow", as if he was shocked by the bad start, and all I could think was "How are you surprised!?!?!?" I like the beat guys and think they get a terrible rap sometimes, but I often wonder what they're watching.

Reaction Score
I think Dez is a humongous Cuse fans and a good part of him is fine with Uconn circling the drain. The stuff he retweets is very negative on Uconn.

Reaction Score
I would like to hear the media say P has been a major disaapointment and he has the program in a death spiral.

Reaction Score
I thought the play Whitmer got knocked out of the game on was shear stupidity. A throwback to the wildcat QB against that defense with our QB one week from a concussion. McCummings was covered by 2 Bearcats. We have enough trouble running basic offensive plays to keep a drive going. Deleone should be gone on Sunday at minimum. Someone's head has to roll for these 2 years of lousey football.

Reaction Score
Bottom line this staff(read that GDL and P ) cannot get us were we need to go as a program.
Cut ties now and start to rebuild the team and just as importantly the brand.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Journalists have no obligation to "speak for the fans" of a program. They report news. They could report about dissatsifaction with the current coaching staff and have on occasion but not often enough to make the people here happy. Columnists, like Jacobs, can put their own opinion out there and he has done so often with the approval of this board.

CT Media doesn't need to push an agenda. Fans need to push an agenda that gets noticed and reported by the media.

Reaction Score
I think Dez is a humongous Cuse fans and a good part of him is fine with Uconn circling the drain. The stuff he retweets is very negative on Uconn.

Compare that with how Louisville's own reporters were basically working on the school's behalf the last 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
Y
I thought the play Whitmer got knocked out of the game on was shear stupidity. A throwback to the wildcat QB against that defense with our QB one week from a concussion. McCummings was covered by 2 Bearcats. We have enough trouble running basic offensive plays to keep a drive going. Deleone should be gone on Sunday at minimum. Someone's head has to roll for these 2 years of lousey football.

Everyone in my section called that play before it happened once Whitmer went out wide. And if we all knew it was coming I'm sure Cincy did too..

Reaction Score
Journalists have no obligation to "speak for the fans" of a program. They report news. They could report about dissatsifaction with the current coaching staff and have on occasion but not often enough to make the people here happy. Columnists, like Jacobs, can put their own opinion out there and he has done so often with the approval of this board.

CT Media doesn't need to push an agenda. Fans need to push an agenda that gets noticed and reported by the media.

A journalist who says only the kitchen is on fire when a house is going up in flames is not being honest to it's readers.

You don't have to be a homer but you need to ask the tough questions your readers want answer too.

Do you think that clock managing genius in GA is getting praise for almost beating AL?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
A journalist who says only the kitchen is on fire when a house is going up in flames is not being honest to it's readers.

You don't have to be a homer but you need to ask the tough questions your readers want answer too.

Do you think that clock managing genius in GA is getting praise for almost beating AL?

As much as you think your opinion of the coaching staff (or my opinion) is a fact, it isn't. You can report on the clock management decisions, the use of Time Outs, the use of the wildcat and the absolutely beating that Whitmer was subjected to. But to report that this is all on the coaches as opposed to the players who dropped balls or made poor passes is not fact, it's opinion. Even though it may be shared by most on this board.

Journalists aren't supposed to praise or criticize. They report. The line between reporter and opinion writer has obviously become much more blurred with the advent of internet journalism, bloggers, online chats, etc. but the newspapers still try to keep the difference.

Fans protesting in front of the athletic department, holding up signs saying that PP must go? That's news that gets reported.

Reaction Score
It's useless to hope for the media to push for P's ouster. Jacobs might, but the rest are like a bunch of lazy public school teachers. They get paid to write a story no matter what it says, and P makes it easy for them. They have no vested interest in the success or failure of this enterprise.

They are just losing credibility, but they didn't even have much to start with.

Reaction Score
The problem I have with the beat guys is this: They have all at one time or another this season said that there is a lack of talent on this team...yet they sing the praises of the staff saying they are all good coaches. It has to be one way or the other...last time I knew the asst coaches are the ones that recruit the talent...so basically EVERY single member of the present staff that is a holdover from Edsall's staff is NOT getting the job done as recruiters. I have had season tickets at Rentschler from day 1...and had them in the 90's when we played at Memorial stadium. These past 2 seasons have been painful to watch...and I don't blame the ACC for choosing Louisville over us. 3 years ago there were almost 40,000 at the Rent for the last game of the season. Today was a down right travesty...6 people in my section (242) with about 5:00 left in the game. This needs to get fixed right quick...or that will be avg attendance next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom