CT high school QB's | The Boneyard

CT high school QB's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK Boeing Brown, Cochran, Berzinskas, the QB at Xavier......and now Matt Milano of New Canaan, anyone know anything about him? D1 or D2? Is anyone recruiting him? I follow NC but have not been to a NC game in a couple years. He broke two of Cochran's records just weeks after Cochran set them. He also broke one or two 40 year old NC school records set by New Canaan great Kurt Horton which I'm sure many thought a couple years ago were untouchable, I mean not a bad player to break the records of since he went on to play for Parseghian at Notre Dame. So is Milano D1 caliber?

http://www.ctsportswriters.org/11_CT_FB_Records.pdf pgs 12-13

http://www.thedailynewcanaan.com/sports/new-canaan-qb-breaks-longtime-school-record

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have not seen anything that says hes bcs caliber, he may be low d1 caliber but i haven't see any offeres or interestes public at all. wonder if he plays another sport that hes looking to play at the next level or something becuase you would think he would get some more action from the stats he put up this year. btw his TE is underrated on the recruit trail as well, good hands and size.

2 kids that were soph qbs to watch out for were the bunell and fp qbs. especially the bunell one.

Reaction Score
Saw him on MSG vs McMahon a few weeks ago and he was impressive in their offense. BM's QB looked good too until an ankle sprain ruined his night and let NC back into the game for a late win. Was wondering about Milano recently after seeing Brown play. Hopefully will see something this weekend with NHS v Xavier. Norwalk should be an underdog but may present problems. Still people talking about who they haven't beaten or played instead of who they have.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
speaking of fciac kids, has anyone seen the olb at trinity play at all. he seems to be getting some press on the recruit sites now. he is class 13. good size. i realize trinity isn't a fball powerhouse.

Reaction Score
Saw him on MSG vs McMahon a few weeks ago and he was impressive in their offense. BM's QB looked good too until an ankle sprain ruined his night and let NC back into the game for a late win. Was wondering about Milano recently after seeing Brown play. Hopefully will see something this weekend with NHS v Xavier. Norwalk should be an underdog but may present problems. Still people talking about who they haven't beaten or played instead of who they have.
I've heard Norwalk has some big boys on the defensive line, and that OL at Warde is attracting the attention of college coaches.

Reaction Score
i have not seen anything that says hes bcs caliber, he may be low d1 caliber but i haven't see any offeres or interestes public at all. wonder if he plays another sport that hes looking to play at the next level or something becuase you would think he would get some more action from the stats he put up this year. btw his TE is underrated on the recruit trail as well, good hands and size.

2 kids that were soph qbs to watch out for were the bunell and fp qbs. especially the bunell one.
The last really good QB that New Canaan had did just that, went to Clemson or someplace to play lacrosse or baseball.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yup^ lax i think the kid played trying to think of a name. and also the whole turner baty thing....

Reaction Score
speaking of fciac kids, has anyone seen the olb at trinity play at all. he seems to be getting some press on the recruit sites now. he is class 13. good size. i realize trinity isn't a fball powerhouse.
Haven't seen him. At one time Trinity was a state power in football, but back in those days (50's, 60.s, 70's) they were known as Stamford Catholic, don't know why the name change.

Reaction Score
At one time Trinity was a state power in football, but back in those days (50's, 60.s, 70's) they were known as Stamford Catholic, don't know why the name change.

I played football at Trinity. The name change was a result of St. Mary's (Greenwich) and Central Catholic (Norwalk) closing in 1991, so Stamford Catholic was regionalized.

We were 8-2 in 1993, falling only to New Canaan (Chris Silvestri ) and Darien (Brian Merritt, Valentine). Current Greenwich head coach Rich Albonizio was our coach then.

Trinity would later go on to win State in either 94 or 95. Program has been sputtering since Albonizio's departure I believe, although admittedly I haven't paid close attention, so maybe they've had some solid years since...

Wilton took them to the woodshed on Thanksgiving...

Reaction Score
you must be talking about Howsie. He blew out his knee in the second game. The kid is a bruising RB. had a very good soph year. I didnt notice him on the defensive side of the ball.

I saw plenty of FCIAC games this year and to me the MVP would be Shane Nastahowski from Greenwich. Talked to a friend who is a friends with the family and he is a legit 6'2" 225. Very good RB, but his future is at LB. Had an offer from Akron, but they just fired the coach. So, I dont know whats going on there. Nickname = Nasty!

As far as New Canaan being the best team? Right now they are playing as well as anyone, but they were not impressive early when I saw them. Milano does have great vision.

Reaction Score
I played football at Trinity. The name change was a result of St. Mary's (Greenwich) and Central Catholic (Norwalk) closing in 1991, so Stamford Catholic was regionalized.

We were 8-2 in 1993, falling only to New Canaan (Chris Silvestri ) and Darien (Brian Merritt, Valentine). Current Greenwich head coach Rich Albonizio was our coach then.

Trinity would later go on to win State in either 94 or 95. Program has been sputtering since Albonizio's departure I believe, although admittedly I haven't paid close attention, so maybe they've had some solid years since...

Wilton took them to the woodshed on Thanksgiving...
I know how a towns changing demographics and socio-economic's can change a schools football team but also have seen in Fairfield over the years how losing two great coaches to retirement (Emil Taft and Fern Tetreau) changed Roger Ludlowe and Andrew Warde in Fairifeld. Both retired in the 70's and both schools programs fell off a cliff just a couple years after that. It was nice to see some of the old glory at halftime on TG.

http://fairfield.patch.com/articles/ludlowe-honors-its-state-champs

Reaction Score
you must be talking about Howsie. He blew out his knee in the second game. The kid is a bruising RB. had a very good soph year. I didnt notice him on the defensive side of the ball.

I saw plenty of FCIAC games this year and to me the MVP would be Shane Nastahowski from Greenwich. Talked to a friend who is a friends with the family and he is a legit 6'2" 225. Very good RB, but his future is at LB. Had an offer from Akron, but they just fired the coach. So, I dont know whats going on there. Nickname = Nasty!

As far as New Canaan being the best team? Right now they are playing as well as anyone, but they were not impressive early when I saw them. Milano does have great vision.
Yeah you might be right, New Canaan's defense is suspect from what I have read, but with Milano healthy again I think they could take Staples. Staples lost a lot to graduation.

Reaction Score
Being a New Canaan resident, I've had the chance to watch Milano play a fair amount.

He does not have very good arm strength, but he is very smart, has great touch, good accuracy and is a good system QB. He just doesn't have the arm to play at the FBS level, but he would be a pickup for an Ivy League team. I think Middlebury wants him badly.

New Canaan has a pair of 2014 quarterbacks who should get BCS looks. One of which was a US Army All-American as an eighth grader(not that that means anything).

The last good New Canaan quarterback was Turner Baty(who apparently has a good shot at going to Michigan now out of JUCO). But the guy a few previous posters are probably thinking of is Curt Casali, who played baseball for 4 years at Vandy, and was drafted in the 10th round of the draft. I think he plays for the Tigers now.

Reaction Score

Also from Temple according to "Greenwich Time."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger