CT High School Football Coaches - Where you at... | The Boneyard

CT High School Football Coaches - Where you at...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You were very vocal on wanting a specific head coach and you got your way - when will they or which coach will take the lead asking for change -

Reaction Score
This is pretty close to what the coaches will say after he's fired.

"We are disappointed Paul was not given 15 years to get his type of players into the system in order to change the winning, I mean losing culture Paul inherited when he arrived at UConn."

Reaction Score
Or maybe, "the Connecticut High School coaches Association expresses its concern that UConn puts winning football games ahead of keeping the CHSFCA members happy. We have sent Warde Manuel a letter endorsing the promotion of Connecticut native and long time friend George DeLeone as the new Head Coach."

Reaction Score
They are busy crying that Jack Cochran got another job! Instead of worrying about who the next UCONN football coach is, they need to petition the CIAC to loosen up the restrictions on OTA's so they can improve their own product.

Reaction Score
I just want to say here that none of my animosity is toward Paul Pasqualoni as a person. I've met him a few times, once in a store while waiting for my daughter, and he is just a nice man. We chatted for a few minutes about UConn football and he couldn't have been nicer. But he just did not click as the coach of this program. He has been a disaster.

Reaction Score
The op's question has been answered. Jack Cochran will take the lead in demanding a change or his son will fly the coop.:cool:

Reaction Score
I just want to say here that none of my animosity is toward Paul Pasqualoni as a person. I've met him a few times, once in a store while waiting for my daughter, and he is just a nice man. We chatted for a few minutes about UConn football and he couldn't have been nicer. But he just did not click as the coach of this program. He has been a disaster.

I'd prefer a jackass of a coach, and winning too.

Reaction Score
They are busy crying that Jack Cochran got another job! Instead of worrying about who the next UCONN football coach is, they need to petition the CIAC to loosen up the restrictions on OTA's so they can improve their own product.

LOVE Cochran in the FCIAC. Not a huge fan but a few of those old-timers (icons) he'll be coaching against there need to be dropped down a few pegs. Popcorn time.

Reaction Score
jack is a good football coach but he is also an awful human being. You know he was fired from New Britain for allegedly stealing from the booster fund, and from New London for basically skipping out on classes he was supposedly teaching. I get that if this were Texas, Football Coach would be his job and they wouldn't even pretend he was teaching a class. You can even argue that SHOULD be the rule, but it isn't. And it isn't college.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Jack is NOT our answer...I don't think any high school coach is our answer to bringing the program where Randy left it. Our 'recruiting is on an uptick' and our L's are on a sliding slope - lets find an X and O coach that keeps us in every game and when I stumble from tailgating to stadium I think we have a chance to win instead of predicting how many points we are losing by.

Reaction Score
LOVE Cochran in the FCIAC. Not a huge fan but a few of those old-timers (icons) he'll be coaching against there need to be dropped down a few pegs. Popcorn time.

He will turn Harding around and do it with the same talent level coming in. He knows how to coach up.

Reaction Score
jack is a good football coach but he is also an awful human being. You know he was fired from New Britain for allegedly stealing from the booster fund, and from New London for basically skipping out on classes he was supposedly teaching. I get that if this were Texas, Football Coach would be his job and they wouldn't even pretend he was teaching a class. You can even argue that SHOULD be the rule, but it isn't. And it isn't college.

I was not aware of these issues. What did he do with the money?

Reaction Score
Well if we are going to bring dubious integrity into the mix,Schiano should be in the mix after this season

Reaction Score
Well if we are going to bring dubious integrity into the mix,Schiano should be in the mix after this season
With the right crew of Asstistant coaches I would take Schiano.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jack would make UConn a 7-10 win school year in and year out. I don't care about personal issues/past issues, we want to win don't we?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Let's not forget that Casey is on the team. It doesn't feel right to call his Dad a thief and a liar on a message board for the team that Casey plays on.

Reaction Score
Jack would make UConn a 7-10 win school year in and year out. I don't care about personal issues/past issues, we want to win don't we?
Oh please. It is one thing coaching a bunch of high school kids to a higher level. He would be completely out manned against D1 college coaches. Even the bad ones would know far more complex schemes on both sides of the ball than he could even imagine. It is an impossible step from high school to D1 college ball. He'd make Pasqualoni look like Bill Belichek.

Reaction Score
Jack is NOT our answer...I don't think any high school coach is our answer to bringing the program where Randy left it. Our 'recruiting is on an uptick' and our L's are on a sliding slope - lets find an X and O coach that keeps us in every game and when I stumble from tailgating to stadium I think we have a chance to win instead of predicting how many points we are losing by.

The recruiting is on an uptick ? Are you seeing something everyone else isnt ? Verbals from guys who's other offers include Fordham and Temple does not mean uptick. The recruiting has never been good here, and has only found a new level of bad in the past few years. Anyone who think that Jack Cochrane would make this dumpster fire a 7-10 win team is on drugs.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He'd make Pasqualoni look like Bill Belichek.

I'm sorry, but this is not plausible. It's akin to turning chicken into chicken salad.

Reaction Score
How did Jack Cochran getting another HS job in CT turn into him bring HC at UCONN? I have to admit it will be much more fun watching him take a group of inner city athletic kids and give it to programs that have pummeled these kids for years...and send them off to college to get an education to boot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was not aware of these issues. What did he do with the money?

I have hinted at some of this stuff in the past. For all practical purposes he didn't even bother to pretend to teach his classes.

Reaction Score

You might not care about those issues, but a lot of us do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I used to laugh at the people that would bitch about UConn not taking CT kids and upsetting high school coaches by not taking their players... that to me was the very definition of small time... to worry soo much about what was going on in a 90 mile radius. Well you got you're wish now. Coach P certain has recruited CT better. It's been awesome.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
The recruiting is on an uptick ? Are you seeing something everyone else isnt ? Verbals from guys who's other offers include Fordham and Temple does not mean uptick. The recruiting has never been good here, and has only found a new level of bad in the past few years. Anyone who think that Jack Cochrane would make this dumpster fire a 7-10 win team is on drugs.
When I said recruiting is on a uptick I was trying to be sarcastic as so many here have claimed that - and that Edsall couldnt recruit - which may have been true - but boy oh boy could that Randy coach! Blah blah blah boring offense, no throwing downfiled - yada yada yada - all now irrelevant as it is proven out he could coach 2 star kids into 4 star kids - seems we got the opposite now.

Couldnt recruit yet continued to send 2 star kids to the NFL - must have been coaching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom