Crystal's arsenal | The Boneyard

Crystal's arsenal

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just wanted to give a shout out to The Real Danger for (among many things) the extra dimension she adds to the offense with her incredible arsenal of shots.

Against USF she wasted no time in her attack and immediately treated us to a beautiful little tear drop floater that drew nothing but net. Her quickness and creativity with the ball in her hands are something very rare even for UCONN WBB.

Other times she uses the glass in the midrange on those little pull-up jumpers, in a way that looks more like a pro than a college player. If Bill Raftery called our games, he'd be exclaiming "..with a little kiss!" in admiration after many of her shots. She just has 'it'.

Honestly I think that because she: a) is so explosive for her size and b) shoots her most jaw-dropping shots on the rise--ever so slightly before she reaches her apex--she is just a little off sometimes and puts a bit too much mustard on the ball. Touch is at true premium in these circumstances, much more so than for garden variety jump shots that can be executed the same way every time. As time goes by and she refines the requisite touch even further, certain parts of her game will likely go where no other Husky has gone before.

And she does it all in the mold of a pure PG; never forcing her game but rather taking opportunities and attacking at the right moments.

She is a special, special player. Such a joy to watch -- for the rest of this season and two more years to come! How lucky are we.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ve often marveled at Danger’s running, high-arching bank shot from either side of the lane. I have a feeling it’s a shot she developed at a young age when everyone she was playing ball with was bigger than she was.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just wanted to give a shout out to The Real Danger for (among many things)the extra dimension she adds to the offense with her incredible arsenal of shots.

Against USF she wasted no time in her attack and immediately treated us to a beautiful little tear drop floater that drew nothing but net. Her quickness and creativity with the ball in her hands are something very rare even for UCONN WBB.

Other times she uses the glass in the midrange on those little pull-up jumpers, in a way that looks more like a pro than a college player. If Bill Raftery called our games, he'd be exclaiming "..with a little kiss!" in admiration after many of her shots. She just has 'it'.

Honestly I think that because she: a) is so explosive for her size and b) shoots her most jaw-dropping shots on the rise--ever so slightly before she reaches her apex--she is just a little off sometimes and puts a bit too much mustard on the ball. Touch is at true premium in these circumstances, much more so than for garden variety jump shots that can be executed the same way every time. As time goes by and she refines the requisite touch even further, certain parts of her game will likely go where no other Husky has gone before.

And she does it all in the mold of a pure PG; never forcing her game but rather taking opportunities and attacking at the right moments.

She is a special, special player. Such a joy to watch -- for the rest of this season and two more years to come! How lucky are we.

I agree with ALL of your observations that you have referenced here. Geno saw ALL of these qualities and abilities in her in high school. He no doubt figured she could replicate those same skills with the same smoothness and dexterity at this level, which is why she was so highly coveted by UConn. He was right. She has become an opponent's worst nightmare when she's running a fast break. They have no idea what she's going to do, most of the time, neither does she. :eek:

Reaction Score
I love true point guards hence I love Crystal Dangerfield!

Reaction Score
the mid-range jumper is a thing of beauty

WOW! Thanks for this! Way back when she was already crystalized into the NOW!

Not to bring religion into this, but for what she's becoming, God sure got her name right!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom