Crystal Will play per Justine Ward, limited minutes | The Boneyard

Crystal Will play per Justine Ward, limited minutes

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
With Louisville on Monday I guess minutes make sense; fingers crossed the splints don't flare.

Reaction Score
I am glad to hear that crystal is ok, but it seems to me that the team could use more time trying to get some offensive flow without her. Kia's performance last game was scary
Kia was indeed dreadful on offense last game. But she'll get plenty of minutes without Crystal on the floor today to show she can do better. I'm actually in favor of Crystal playing, so long as her minutes are carefully managed. It will help to keep her conditioning and game reflexes up, things we do not want to see start to deteriorate at this stage in the season.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised that Crystal is playing at all. Yes, watching Kia struggle last game was not pretty. But watching Crystal limp up and down the court while occasionally grimacing won't be pretty either.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised that Crystal is playing at all. Yes, watching Kia struggle last game was not pretty. But watching Crystal limp up and down the court while occasionally grimacing won't be pretty either.

When would it not surprise you to see Crystal playing? How do you know how she's feeling or looking today?

Reaction Score
Roller coaster crowd. Go from Kia is an AA to she needs to play more at the point to get better does anyone think Ucf defense had anything to do with the way Uconn played

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Crystal will be a GO!! 20 minutes
I hope it’s a hard 20 minute limitation, and not the Lou 20 minute limitation vs ND that turned into 30 minutes and a reinjured ankle.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I hope it’s a hard 20 minute limitation, and not the Lou 20 minute limitation vs ND that turned into 30 minutes and a reinjured ankle.
It's Wichita State, not ND so I think her 20 min will be just that...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Roller coaster crowd. Go from Kia is an AA to she needs to play more at the point to get better does anyone think Ucf defense had anything to do with the way Uconn played
I do, but I still expected more from Kia.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I do, but I still expected more from Kia.
The team as a whole struggled to get their offense rolling, and as the game went on it got worse. They had to play defense for such long stretches,and that lead to them tiring out on the offensive side. I saw several instances where the the players without the ball were slow to move to help the ball handler. This happened to Kia,and notably to Gabby when she was swarmed and gave up the ball. As a team, they are not accustomed to that level of defensive intensity combined with their own fatigue. I give UCF and their coach much credit for Kia's struggles. Perhaps there will be renewed emphasis from the staff on what others can do when the ball is pressed to such an extent. And how to complete an attempt close to the basket. Both areas were costly to the overall effort. Go Huskies! :p

Reaction Score
Crystal not the MVP...more like the MNP... most necessary..AND
I hope we can have a game where no one rips megan ... Am afraid that the negativity is affecting her .... We certainly don't want her to turn into another Nicole Wolfe ...

Reaction Score

We needed every bit of that performance to beat ND. And don't fool yourself that games in December don't matter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom