Crystal is AAC player of the week | The Boneyard

Crystal is AAC player of the week

Reaction Score
Thanks Nan - and I'm just thrilled for Crystal, it's a delight to see her on the court, totally in control and producing great results through both her passing and shooting.

Reaction Score
Crystal has transformed herself in to a terrific point guard that we all hoped she would be. She put in the time and is reaping the rewards. Spoiled we are from the Jet to the Guns.

Reaction Score
The speed of Crystal's development as an elite PG is amazing to me--and she's just a SOPH!! Color me blown away by this young lady.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The speed of Crystal's development as an elite PG is amazing to me--and she's just a SOPH!! Color me blown away by this young lady.

Geno said she came to UConn with all the ability; just needed to decide to show up every day and every play.

Reaction Score
Back in the old days, where freshmen played on JV teams, it was easier to mature outside of the pressure and the public eye. Being a freshman is hard enough. Being a freshman playing D-1 is extremely hard. Being a freshman playing for the top team in D-1 is about as challenging as it gets. But, as they say, the best thing about freshmen is that they turn into sophomores.

Reaction Score
Crystal has transformed herself in to a terrific point guard that we all hoped she would be. She put in the time and is reaping the rewards. Spoiled we are from the Jet to the Guns.

The Jewel was there all along, it just needed polishing and appreciation, real Crystal has a ring common glass does not have--our Crystal is the real thing.
Danger as a High School Senior in the USA games playing with Uconn kids was nearly as impressive as our current Danger. She has added a consistent 3 to her bag of tricks. He passing skills she brought with her, the knowledge and chemistry with her teammates makes her passing near perfection, NEARLY.

Reaction Score
Back in the old days, where freshmen played on JV teams, it was easier to mature outside of the pressure and the public eye. Being a freshman is hard enough. Being a freshman playing D-1 is extremely hard. Being a freshman playing for the top team in D-1 is about as challenging as it gets. But, as they say, the best thing about freshmen is that they turn into sophomores.
\

Boy, oh Boy you nailed an issue I had forgotten kids in the JV teams had 2 years to develop. No one was bemoaning their lack of defense or sometime fumbling as they learned. Few got the hook and were yanked --they had a place to learn.

Today, each and every UCONN newbie is examined with a magnifier why are they not polished like the starting five? Why when they are in does the score retreat, my God---look at the turnovers--they will never be DT, Stewie, Maya--time to cut them loose. Geno doesn't give us much help--when they screwup--yank. So what are we to think--this is a bad recruit, hasn't the talent we expect. Dog house!

None of my second paragraph would be seen or known or even thought about with the JV system, only those fans who showed up at 5 pm would get to watch the new kids perform and grow.. The cost of a coaching team and facility use I believe did that system in. Thanks Bags---something to think about as we watch our Frosh or Sophs--Thank you..

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

And the great thing is we have her for this season, and two more!!! What's really exciting is that she's going to improve and get better with each passing season.
I can't imagine how good she'll be as a senior. :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nice. Wish I'd said that.

Some of UConn's guards have had some "unique" monikers given to them through the years. The interesting thing is that if you just used a moniker in reference to a player i.e, "The Jet" (Moriah Jefferson), or "precious", (Nykesha Sales) most long time BY's would know exactly to whom you were referring. Some of the newbies to the yard, not so much. So if someone makes a reference to "Guns", any regular poster here worth their salt will be able to keep up. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In case anyone missed it, this was Crystal's SECOND POW selection this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom