Crystal in Revenge game with the Lynx | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crystal in Revenge game with the Lynx

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I do agree that I think she’ll stay the course, but she’s easily the most marketable player in Women’s hoops. Her W salary won’t even be a fraction of what she’ll make from endorsements.
There was an old beer commercial that used the tag line: "You only go around once in life, so grab for all the gusto you can." In other words....strike while the iron is hot. Get it now while it's in front of you and you're at your height in marketability. Dump trucks (filled with money) are trying to back up to your door step.........let them. Make the money, but don't let the money make you. ;)

Reaction Score
I like Dangerfield, and I think her and Henderson can make a really good PG duo. I hope that she can stick with the Fever. Who would she replace then? IMO it's either Robinson or Hartley that should get cut.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
If I'm looking at the entire roster, I actually think Lexie Hull has the most to worry about.

In two preseason and two regular season games combined, she's 1-21 from the field and didn't play at all last night.

Reaction Score
If I'm looking at the entire roster, I actually think Lexie Hull has the most to worry about.

In two preseason and two regular season games combined, she's 1-21 from the field and didn't play at all last night.
I think Hull is a bigger risk than originally thought. Hull was a great college player with a high energy motor and always gave great effort but she was a good, not tremendous, shooter and if other players are proving to be more valuable she could find herself on the outside looking in with this roster.

Indiana drafted some odd players for their needs in my opinion.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I think Hull is a bigger risk than originally thought. Hull was a great college player with a high energy motor and always gave great effort but she was a good, not tremendous, shooter and if other players are proving to be more valuable she could find herself on the outside looking in with this roster.

Indiana drafted some odd players for their needs in my opinion.
I think Hull was a decent gamble. She's a high character, super smart player that, essentially, fills a role similar to that of Vivians and Hartley. If she performs well before they get back, awesome and we'll cut one of them and save the cap money. If she doesn't, then we already have that position taken care of.

There are other guards I would have taken above her (Burrell and Westbrook are at the top of that list), but I can see why they took the risk.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
This sucks. I really enjoy watching CD play.

Hope she can hook on somewhere else. but most likely that means an injury, which I will never root for.
Of course if she plays overseas, she most likely will have to miss the 2023 WNBA season. Only option might be Australia, which only has a 20-22 game schedule. They dont pay as much as Europe, but you do get to play in the summer months Down Under.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Minnesota is tanking so they can be on the Boston sweepstakes to replace Fowles and have Pheesa next season for a much better team.
I don’t think Lynx head coach/GM Cheryl Reeve would mind having the 1st pick in next year’s draft. Many would agree that Boston (NPOY) will probably be the 1st player taken in the draft. Who is coming out next year that you would take before her?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Funny you should ask....

I never had the feeling that Crystal being with the Fever was permanent. Crystal will be on lots of team’s short lists. Somebody is going to need a guard in the coming weeks either because of injury or non production.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Great. Another victim of being (potentially) waived right after her birthday :(:mad:
Things happen for a reason. When one door closes, another one opens. Crystal will be on a WNBA roster shortly.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don’t think Lynx head coach/GM Cheryl Reeve would mind having the 1st pick in next year’s draft. Many would agree that Boston (NPOY) will probably be the 1st player taken in the draft. Who is coming out next year that you would take before her?
Boston seems like a no brainer for Indy/Minnesota/Atlanta, as all 3 should have high odds. A lot of fans here scoff at the idea of Paige leaving early but if she declares she'd be hard to pass up for Minnesota at #1 if she was in the draft.

Jones and Brink are eligible too. A monster year from Diamond Miller could put her in the mix but I think Boston is the obvious #1 next year unless Bueckers declares or something bizarre happens.

Reaction Score
Boston seems like a no brainer for Indy/Minnesota/Atlanta, as all 3 should have high odds. A lot of fans here scoff at the idea of Paige leaving early but if she declares she'd be hard to pass up for Minnesota at #1 if she was in the draft.

Jones and Brink are eligible too. A monster year from Diamond Miller could put her in the mix but I think Boston is the obvious #1 next year unless Bueckers declares or something bizarre happens.
Annnnnnnd off the track we go. Hold on y’all

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Since we're talking W
Last night Gabby had a Golden op to shine in a contest with no Stewie.
Had a mediocre game, missed a bunch of makable shots that the team needed.
Too bad.

Reaction Score
I don't think Minnesota is in the running. Don't they look at performance over multiple years and not just the most recent to determine lottery odds?

But I agree that Boston would the #1 pick. I think she'd be regarded so much more highly than the #2 (Haley Jones?) that they would want to trade her before picking someone else at #1.

Reaction Score
It depends on need. If you don’t need a big, I’d take Haley Jones without a doubt. She can play and guard 1-4 (and does so well).

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I don't think Minnesota is in the running. Don't they look at performance over multiple years and not just the most recent to determine lottery odds?

Right you are!

From the WNBA site:

1. How is the draft order and draft lottery determined?
The draft lottery is comprised of the four teams that did not make the playoffs. Starting with the 2017 Draft, lottery odds are determined by taking into account the team’s two-year cumulative record.

The Lottery Team with the worst two-year cumulative record has 442 chances out of 1,000 to win the first pick, the Lottery Team with the second-worst two-year cumulative record has 276 chances out of 1,000, the Lottery Team with the third-worst two-year cumulative record has 178 chances out of 1,000, and the Lottery Team with the best two-year cumulative record having 104 chances out of 1,000 to win the first pick. Tiebreakers are based solely on the immediately preceding season.

Reaction Score
It depends on need. If you don’t need a big, I’d take Haley Jones without a doubt. She can play and guard 1-4 (and does so well).
I don't know if a GM would pass on Boston at #1 even if they didn't need her. They would probably trade the pick. I think she is perceived as a cut above the rest of the players that will be in the draft.

UHF

Reaction Score
Minnesota is allegedly tanking so they can be on the Boston sweepstakes to replace Fowles and have Pheesa next season for a much better team.

Dewey, Cheatem & Howe took the initiative to correct your post. You are welcome.

;):p:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom