Crystal Dangerfield to be at UConn's First Night program | The Boneyard

Crystal Dangerfield to be at UConn's First Night program

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
She is a decent player. Her 3 starts very low. She won't get that off against college competition. Decent ball handling and finishing. While quick, the comparison to Mo Jeff might be a reach.

Reaction Score
Question for those that have been following UCONN WBB longer than I have, how many of the top prospects who attend First Night activities actually end up signing with UCONN?

Reaction Score
She is a decent player. Her 3 starts very low. She won't get that off against college competition. Decent ball handling and finishing. While quick, the comparison to Mo Jeff might be a reach.

Decent? She is the best PG in the country and the #4 overall player and you describe her game as decent? She is probably one the BEST ball handlers I have ever seen and she can penetrate at will against anybody! She is a strong finisher and can finish through contact as well as anybody. She is every bit the prospect that Jefferson was and I think that she will become as good a player as well. To describe her as "decent" is utterly absurd IMHO!

HGN

Reaction Score
I hope she is there...........And I hope she eventually gets an offer from the Huskies. She has shown her interest and I think willingness to come aboard. Will be interesting to see the interaction between her and MoJeff.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The most interesting thing about Adamec's article is his naming of schools Dangerfield's considering. Can that be the entire list? If so many of the usual suspects aren't on it including Tennessee.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Three nuggets from Adamec's article. IMO this is how to recruit a top prospect....;)

1. Pair them up w/ a player who is already coming - "UConn Class of 2015 commit De’Janae Boykin is also expected at First Night. Boykin and Dangerfield were teammates on the United States U-16 national team in 2013." :p

2. Send the two most charming coaches ever to see her mom - "UConn coach Geno Auriemma and associate head coach Chris Dailey made a visit to the Dangerfield’s home on Sept. 13." :rolleyes:

3. Make sure she meets and hangs w/ her idol - "Dangerfield is a long-time fan of UConn junior point guard Moriah Jefferson. She wears No. 32 at Blackman High in Murfreesboro, the same number Jefferson wore for her high school team, the THESA Riders. When Dangerfield was selected for the U-16 club a year ago, she was handed USA uniform No. 4, the same number Jefferson wore when she represented her country with the U-18 and U-19 teams in 2012 and 2013." :cool:

FYI - Dangerfield stats from the U-16 team: 7-12 from 3 pt range, 2nd in assists w/ 9, only 6 t.o. in 99 minutes, 7 steals, all in 5 games...:)

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Decent? She is the best PG in the country and the #4 overall player and you describe her game as decent? She is probably one the BEST ball handlers I have ever seen and she can penetrate at will against anybody! She is a strong finisher and can finish through contact as well as anybody. She is every bit the prospect that Jefferson was and I think that she will become as good a player as well. To describe her as "decent" is utterly absurd IMHO!
Now you know how I felt when someone posted that Kia Nurse had a chance to be "good" at UCONN. Not "very good" or "great", but just good. I was like, what???!!!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I believe that it is very possible, if not likely, that Dangerfield will commit when she visits. Geno will apply the full-court press as only he can do.

Can she play? Yes.

Beyond that, I think fittings for Hall of Fame statuary are premature.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I believe that it is very possible, if not likely, that Dangerfield will commit when she visits. Geno will apply the full-court press as only he can do.

A few months ago Dangerfield was quoted as saying she planned on committing on her birthday (May 11). Teenagers do have a tendency to change their minds though.

Reaction Score
Although I do not live by the ranking services and generally do prefer to see players play in multiple games before judging their likelihood for greatness, I think that when you are the consensus #1 player at your position the thought is that you will come to college as a "decent" college player who will likely achieve a "very good" appraisal during your career. Greatness is harder to predict. No doubt that parts of her game will need tweaking and improvement but the ingredients are there for an excellent player. When Geno and CD show up at your house they are casting their vote.

Reaction Score
Question for those that have been following UCONN WBB longer than I have, how many of the top prospects who attend First Night activities actually end up signing with UCONN?
Don't know, but seeing TWO NC banners raised has GOT to be a goose-bump experience. Watch practice in the new facility, hang with your idol (MJ). Gotta be optimistic on this one.

Reaction Score

CL: I'm OK with the reach at this point. HOwever, I don't think I saw any tape of Jefferson coming into her junior year of high school, and I think that is where Dangerfield is. For that stage of development/experience/maturity she looks pretty darn good to me. Granted, those are "highlight" films, but I'm plenty sure I had ZERO highlights like that as a "rising" junior.

Reaction Score
And, in case she's a "rising" senior, I didn't have any highlights like hers at that point either. :(

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This one looks like a slam dunk for UCONN.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
"UConn coach Geno Auriemma and associate head coach Chris Dailey made a visit to the Dangerfield’s home on Sept. 13."

Let's consider what may have gone into this visit.

First, lots of phone calls from UConn (coaches) to Tennessee (Dangerfield family, possibly HS and AAU coaches). Next, plane tix, car rental arrangements, etc.

Let's assume the actual visit is at 4 p.m. (after school, but early enough to permit round-trip in one day. If so, Geno and CD would want to be near the Dangerfield home by 3.

Try this itinerary. Leave Storrs by car to Bradley by 11 a.m. Fly Bradley to Tennessee (maybe direct, more likely connect somewhere) from noon to 3 p.m. Upon arrival, rent a car and drive to Dangerfield home.

Upon arrival, make presentation to include video, photos, brochures, etc. (allow an hour and a half, 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.). Close the deal if possible. Then eat on the run, drive to airport, take flight(s) home to Bradley, drive home to Storrs. Get home about 10 p.m.

Two top coaches spend a day, about $1,200=$1,500, maybe more.​

All the above is a WAG, but enough to verify that UConn really wants this player.

And they will get her. Watch and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul