Crystal Dangerfield signs hardship with Liberty | The Boneyard

Crystal Dangerfield signs hardship with Liberty

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Great news. Sabrina seems to be struggling....
In the W, Sabrina needs to be the primary scoring option OR the point guard. The players in this league are too damn good for her to be carrying the weight of both this early in her career, and NY’s struggles this year (her first healthy year in the league) are just amplifying that.

Hopefully, Crystal can show them what happens when you get Sabrina a real point guard to facilitate the offense and just let her focus on what she does best.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Congratulations to Crystal. I called this one last Sunday (5/15 #25) when I posted the following comment in reference to Evina Westbrook:

"When one door closes, another one opens. Sometimes you don't get drafted by a team that is a good fit for YOU. Sometimes you have to get released and then picked up by the team that you are better suited to. That was the case with Evina and the Storm. She was lucky enough to hear her name called during the draft.

It was a dream come true for her on draft night as she heard her name called, and got to celebrate with everyone at her watch party, but Seattle was not the right place for her. Some teams are "veteran laden." It's almost impossible for a rookie to make their roster.

I still think Crystal Dangerfield will get picked up by a team shortly. She's too good a player not to be in the league."

That "shortly" turned out to be 5 days. After she got cut, she went home and sat by the phone and waited for it to ring. Finally it did. Crystal has too much talent not to be on a WNBA roster THIS year. ;)Liberty head coach Sandy Brondello knows the value of former UConn players. She's had a multitude of them in recent years. Jonathan Kolb is the Liberty GM.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So, are the liberty expecting players coming back from overseas that will maybe push her out again?.

Reaction Score
Crystal will find a spot somewhere..... Why not with the Liberty? Like Nika Muhl said:
" an assist ( to the Liberty ) makes two people happy" = i.e. Sabrina as a shooting
guard and Crystal as a Point Guard! Make it happen, Crystal!! Z

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I agree. Anyone signing with the Liberty is suffering a hardship.
The Liberty is not the team they use to be. I doubt they finish .500 this year. :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has mentioned this but Crystal has a second chance at sticking it to Cheryl (after the Indiana Fever game) Liberty play the Lynx. :eek::eek::p:p

Should be fun seeing the UConn Pint Guards Morriah vs Crystal. Swap Jersey's? :p

and on June 1, Crystal gets to put another fork into a team . Indiana.

UHF

Reaction Score
Give me Liberty
or give me Aliyah Boston
or Paige Bueckers
;)

Just sayin'
:cool::D

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
My thoughts - exactly
Me too, Crystals name came to be immediately. She is on a hardship case with the Liberty, but usually they don't last more than a week.

Reaction Score
The Connecticut Sun will need to add a PG. Jasmine Thomas will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL.
UConnCat the CT Sun cannot add another player to replace JT because they still have 10 players on their roster and they have to go below 10 to be allowed to add one more player per League rules!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom