Crystal Clear Starting Lineup IMO | The Boneyard

Crystal Clear Starting Lineup IMO

Reaction Score
Andre (PG)
Hawk
Karaban
Sanogo
ClingKong

Clearly our 5 best players. Length, athleticism, and a mix of youth and experience.
AJ has enough of a handle and BBIQ to run the offense and would give the opposing PG fits on the defensive end.
Can technically still play 4-out with Sanogo hitting 3s at almost a 40% clip.
Newton's fading into the background and will make a greater impact coming off the bench as a change-of-pace scorer.
Once Samson's back, he can spell one of the starting bigs. Going 10 deep, Diarra, Newton, Joey, Alleyne, and Samson are a pretty solid second wave.

Make it happen DH.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Andre be the primary PG for a good stretch as well. You could also have a variation of this lineup with Andre, Alleyne, Hawkins, Karaban, and Sanogo/Clingan (depending on who is better for that matchup). That would be a (hypothetically - if Alleyne breaks out of his funk) better shooting lineup.

Also agree with you and don't hate the two big look as much as some here and would like to see a larger sample size

Reaction Score
Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Reaction Score
If the issue is Karaban's defense, then would it be better if he moves to the 3 to play against faster guards?
People seem to think he is better suited as a perimeter defender than a low post defender. Hurley clearly doesn't think so (by sticking him on Freemantle, Kaluma, Hopkins, and OMax). After playing better D yesterday not sure which version to believe

Reaction Score
i'd only trust 1 of those guys to dribble the ball past midcourt

I'm barely at one... One of the true perplexing things to me is that we have essentially had 10 years of coaches who were high D1 point guards and in most of those years, we have lacked multiple guards who can handle/pass, etc. It's so bizarre to me that PGs have had such issues recruiting good all-around guards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom