Crystal Ball Predictions: Have no 1 good coming to Uconn? | The Boneyard

Crystal Ball Predictions: Have no 1 good coming to Uconn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I was glancing at the 20125 top 50 crystal ball predictions.
I noticed hardly anyone was predicted to go to Uconn.

I know there are several people that follow recruiting closely,on this Board.
Who do we have a " Good Chance " of Getting, for the class of 2015?

Thanks.

Reaction Score
Doomed - blame the crystal ball

crystal-ball.jpg

Reaction Score

Thanks.

First of all, the Crystal ball is stupid. Second of all, Enoch, Jones, and Clarke are all predicted to go to Uconn and they are all 4 stars. Diamond Stone is also just shy of being the leader. That said, these are only usually accurate in the minute after a leak.

caw

Reaction Score
What is a "good chance"?

Top 100 players seriously considering UConn:

Diamond Stone (c) (UV, tough battle with KU, UK, Duke and Wiscy)
Chance Comanche (PF) (OV? But seems a Zona lean)
Steven Enoch (PF) (UV, seems like a UConn lean, not sure who else is seriously on his radar)
Derrick Jones (SF) (UV)
Chris Clarke (SF, everyone thinks UConn leads, but I imagine a visit needs to happen first. )

I'd say those are the top 5 targets also. Two of the bigs and one of the SFs would be ideal.

Malik Newman will likely seriously consider UConn if Diamond Stone chooses UConn.

Find out Friday if UConn is in Malik Beasleys final eight, though I'm not sure UConn is a serious contender even if UConn makes the list.

I don't think Sharma is a likelihood but I don't think he has cut UConn either.

Reaction Score
The crystal ball is stupid only when you don't like the results. If the ball today started picking Newman and stone to UConn we would be like "yup, knew it!" You gotta due your own research and take it for what it's worth.

Reaction Score
The crystal ball is stupid only when you don't like the results. If the ball today started picking Newman and stone to UConn we would be like "yup, knew it!" You gotta due your own research and take it for what it's worth.

The crystal ball isn't totally stupid because it has generated a lot of traffic for 247 and its fun. It's just an entertaining tool though and it is stupid to take it seriously because for many kids, the prediction is a complete guess and then the "expert" will end up up changing their prediction 5 minutes before the recruit's announcement.

That said, when you see a run of 20 dudes changing their picks to one team, something is probably up. I think we're in the mix but not the leader for Jones, Clarke and Stone, even though we "lead" for 2 of those on 247...highly doubt we get both Clarke or Jones since they do many of the same things.

Reaction Score

Thanks.

This is really going too far. These kids are -18,000 years old can't we wait a few years and let them enjoy their pre-childhood before we start analyzing their every move?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
This is really going too far. These kids are -18,000 years old can't we wait a few years and let them enjoy their pre-childhood before we start analyzing their every move?

not so much about the kids..
about the so called experts who are predicting, where they go to school.

Reaction Score
With so many championships lately, how is that a bad thing if the ball stays consistent?

Reaction Score
With so many championships lately, how is that a bad thing if the ball stays consistent?
I agree. Uconn has never been a school that picks up a lot of top level recruits (one and doners). The few that we have picked up have not been major contributors to NC's. The game is still a team game and it usually takes a couple of years of playing together to reach a high level. Last year's team is a good example. We did not have the talent of a lot of teams we beat, but at the end of the year no one was playing better defense. Kentucky had 7 high school all-Americans on their roster and we had none. Yet, if we played Kentucky 10 times, I think we'd win at least 7.

Reaction Score
UConn is right in the "sweet spot" of recruiting, where we'll rarely get a kid that's so talented that he'll be a one (or two)-and-done, but we get some of the very best of the second tier. These kids come in with a chip on their shoulder ready to buy into the system 100% since they're going to be here for 3 or 4 years. When they reach their full potential, we cut down the nets.

It's no coincidence we've averaged a championship every 4 years since '99.

Reaction Score
If you look today in the first 50 predictions, 4 are for UConn- 2 for Chris Clarke and 2 for Derrick Jones.

Reaction Score
Diamond Stone just got another pop for Uconn. He's kinda a big deal...

Reaction Score
Not sure what the big deal is.

Bazz was not a number one when recruited but a number one when he left. Kemba was not a number one when recruited but number one when he left. Emeka was not a number one when recruited but a number one when he left. Rip was not a number one when recruited but a number one when he left.

There have been and will be other players. Just saying that number one rankings mean nothing, when you are UConn other than perhaps bragging rights. I feel with D. Ham, J. Adams, Boat and others play better than many labeled number one.

We have and will be fine, as we have a history of making number ones when they leave which is better than having them coming in. I'm happy with the recruits we are getting.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the big deal is.

Bazz was not a number one when recruited but a number one when he left. Kemba was not a number one when recruited but number one when he left. Emeka was not a number one when recruited but a number one when he left. Rip was not a number one when recruited but a number one when he left.

There have been and will be other players. Just saying that number one rankings mean nothing, when you are UConn other than perhaps bragging rights. I feel with D. Ham, J. Adams, Boat and others play better than many labeled number one.

We have and will be fine, as we have a history of making number ones when they leave which is better than having them coming in. I'm happy with the recruits we are getting.

Everytime someone gets excited about a big recruit, we don't need the whole "we don't need bigtime recruits" song and dance, we get it. If you follow recruiting for a long time you'll realize that the top ten are big time. I like a Clarke over a Jones just as much as anybody but there's nothing wrong with sprinkling in a top ten recruit. Would have been cool to have Bynum arrive. Was cool to have Drummond and Gay. You go tell them it wasn't a big deal for them to go to Uconn. Get over the whole "we don't want highly ranked recruits" bit. You're crazy if you kick Stone out of bed. Now if we get 5 and clear em out every year like Kentucky, then I'd be upset.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What is a "good chance"?

Top 100 players seriously considering UConn:

Diamond Stone (c) (UV, tough battle with KU, UK, Duke and Wiscy)
Chance Comanche (PF) (OV? But seems a Zona lean)
Steven Enoch (PF) (UV, seems like a UConn lean, not sure who else is seriously on his radar)
Derrick Jones (SF) (UV)
Chris Clarke (SF, everyone thinks UConn leads, but I imagine a visit needs to happen first. )

I'd say those are the top 5 targets also. Two of the bigs and one of the SFs would be ideal.

Malik Newman will likely seriously consider UConn if Diamond Stone chooses UConn.

Find out Friday if UConn is in Malik Beasleys final eight, though I'm not sure UConn is a serious contender even if UConn makes the list.

I don't think Sharma is a likelihood but I don't think he has cut UConn either.

There is no question that KO and his staff are working their butts off to get UConn in this position, what with the Power 5 conference newly acquired power and finance. Just hope our FB program will improve under BD so we can be in Power 5 soon.

Reaction Score
Everytime someone gets excited about a big recruit, we don't need the whole "we don't need bigtime recruits" song and dance, we get it. If you follow recruiting for a long time you'll realize that the top ten are big time. I like a Clarke over a Jones just as much as anybody but there's nothing wrong with sprinkling in a top ten recruit. Would have been cool to have Bynum arrive. Was cool to have Drummond and Gay. You go tell them it wasn't a big deal for them to go to Uconn. Get over the whole "we don't want highly ranked recruits" bit. You're crazy if you kick Stone out of bed. Now if we get 5 and clear em out every year like Kentucky, then I'd be upset.

I both agree and disagree, it never hurts to get a big name here and there, it helps you on all levels, especially future recruiting. I personally just think it's very hard to win on the collegiate level without guys who are buying in 100% to what the team is trying to do. I feel the problem with alot of the top guys is they are focused on themselves and their careers whereas "lesser" recruits work their tails off to prove guys wrong. I am more comfortable with a guy who has something to play for; 90% those top guys are going to get drafted in the 1st round no matter what. Top 10 recruits go pro, the only recent player I can think of not making it would be Renardo Sidney.

In the end my problem is the one and done for these guys; if I believed they weren't just waiting for a paycheck it may be different. I think in the end it has to be about finding the right guys and I trust KO to pick them out. It's not like we will end up with nobodys.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, and the crystal ball is stupid, it's guys guessing, anyone can make predictions and formulate percentages. We could do it on here. And it would be just as accurate and equally as useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom