Crowd For Tomorrow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Crowd For Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Also, at one point, there was a Ten Toes In chant going.

Reaction Score
I was in section 106 both nights. Surrounded by IU fans. Last night it was probably 60-40 In IU's favor. Half of them were great. And half of them were complete idiots. I had an 80 year old drunk woman talking crap to me throughout the game. It was hilarious. Some of her best quotes, "hey Connecticut you have a little money, little money for these refs" signifying we paid off the officials. And the best one. Towards the end of the game she comes over to me and says, "just remember, you accomplished nothing here tonight. You only beat the 23rd ranked team." Meanwhile I don't even think there ranked. I kept my composure as I found it rather funny. I had some other great IU fans around me.

The crowd was intense for how small it was. Lower bowl mostly full. Upper bowl mostly empty (almost completely empty). The bridge was closed both nights. I was proud of how loud the UConn fans were at some points throughout the night. Sloppy but great win for the team and another step in the right direction. Shabazz I love you.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
It's a mix of that plus all the construction on '95. I live in Norwalk and work in Stamford and it could take me a good 40-45 min each way to go from Exit 9-15 and vice versa. Forget the Post Road and the Merritt is almost always a parking lot.

I live in Suffield. I made the 1:30 hour drive to Bridgeport both Thursday and Friday.

Stumbled upon something they call MetroNorth.

87 minutes latter, found myself in Grand Central.

a 15-minute brisk walk later and i was in Section 111.

Back in Suffield around 1am each night.

Great wins; great times.

Reaction Score
2nds or 3rds?

The only shot I caught was an early 3 by Napier where they showed the second tier behind the basket. This was on the IU bench's side of the court. Behind the basket was full of fans, and while you saw a ton of red shorts below the second level, the second level flipped out and jumped when Bazz's 3 went through. Look at the replay.

Now it may be that the 2nd level center was empty (thoigh people are posting that they sat there) but behind the basket looked full.

There really isn't a 3rd level at the new garden, except for lounges. But for regular seating there is a lower bowl and an upper bowl + a very small number of 400 level seats. So a lot of seats that would have been 200 level at the pre-renovated garden are now 100. Lower bowl was pretty much full, upper bowl was 95% empty.

Thought we were outnumbered by a lot and because of that the Indiana fans were much louder at times. But the UConn fans there were very loud and into it and it was a really good atmosphere. And we were very loud walking into the arena and leaving after the win.

Reaction Score
There really isn't a 3rd level at the new garden, except for lounges. But for regular seating there is a lower bowl and an upper bowl + a very small number of 400 level seats. So a lot of seats that would have been 200 level at the pre-renovated garden are now 100. Lower bowl was pretty much full, upper bowl was 95% empty.

Thought we were outnumbered by a lot and because of that the Indiana fans were much louder at times. But the UConn fans there were very loud and into it and it was a really good atmosphere. And we were very loud walking into the arena and leaving after the win.

I see what the disconnect is now. I've never been to the new garden

Reaction Score
No one else I knew wanted to go, so I bought 1 ‘best available’ ticket for $65 on Ticketmaster using the UConn Alumni promotion code. My fold-down seat was on the floor under the basket immediately behind the photographers. The two IU fans next to me were good folks, even if they paid $500 for their two seats.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
upstater said:
I see what the disconnect is now. I've never been to the new garden

I figured that was the issue, not that something that simple would stop you.

Reaction Score
I live in Suffield. I made the 1:30 hour drive to Bridgeport both Thursday and Friday.

Stumbled upon something they call MetroNorth.

87 minutes latter, found myself in Grand Central.

a 15-minute brisk walk later and i was in Section 111.

Back in Suffield around 1am each night.

Great wins; great times.

Neighbors RMoore - in Feeding Hills..........

Is it easier to go to Bridgeport than New Haven? I would think the ride to New Haven to be better from up here but was curious as to why you took the Bridgeport route?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Neighbors RMoore - in Feeding Hills..........

Is it easier to go to Bridgeport than New Haven? I would think the ride to New Haven to be better from up here but was curious as to why you took the Bridgeport route?

I've had too many challenges over the years parking in New Haven, especially arriving later afternoon for trips to MSG. After missing the train one year, I drove to Bridgeport and caught the same train I had just missed. I was a convert from that point on. Parking is plentiful and relatively user friendly in Bridgeport. Overall, the trip is shorter because you avoid the stops between Bridgeport and New Haven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom