Crowd At The Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crowd At The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Although they got there a little later than usual (and missed UConn's 1st TD), I though overall the crowd was very good. It was a long week for CT residents with all the power outages, so a college football game on a perfect autumn Sat afternoon was just what they needed to blow off some steam. Hated to see the booing in the 1st half when JMac struggled and the turnover bug hit, but the frustration from the fans was understandable. 2nd half was fun once the offenses got rolling, and the crowd was loud and feisty when it counted.

All in all, a good day at the Rent and one the team & fans sorely needed.

Actually the crowd got there a bit earlier than usual. I'm not kidding. From where we sit we can see the parade of people still walking in from the parking lot and we usually make bets on when the line will cease to be, with everyone in the stadium. Usually people are straggling in all the way to around the 2 min mark left in the 2nd quarter (mind boggling). Against Cuse it was around the 9 min mark in quarter 2.

Reaction Score
Our board has had some pretty mean, spiteful things said about Lorenzen and Frazer, but this may be the most demeaning thing ever said about TL and Zach.

Anyone comparing McEntee to Lorenzon knows zilch about football.

Reaction Score
Actually the crowd got there a bit earlier than usual. I'm not kidding. From where we sit we can see the parade of people still walking in from the parking lot and we usually make bets on when the line will cease to be, with everyone in the stadium. Usually people are straggling in all the way to around the 2 min mark left in the 2nd quarter (mind boggling). Against Cuse it was around the 9 min mark in quarter 2.

why would someone get tickets then leave that early whats the point of even going to the game

Reaction Score
I loved the fact that UConn scored quickly on their opening drive. All the later comers missed the best part of the first half. Our son is a student but tailgated with us and sat with us rather than in the student section since his buddies were all out of town for the weekend. When the ticket holders next to us arrived 10 minutes into the game they sat in the empty seats behind us rather than make him move. The guy was then selected for the punt/pass/kick contest. When the real ticket holders in those seats finally showed up, in the SECOND HALF they were pissed because they weren't chosen for the contest. C'mon people. Figure out how long you need to tailgate and get there early enough to watch the whole friggin game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom