OT: - Cronin Complains About G-League | The Boneyard

OT: Cronin Complains About G-League

Reaction Score
Interesting story. Its not really about Cronin.

We've had some discussions about what it means to commit to a scholarship. Getting paid vs developing in college. We have a few opinions on the subject. I'm not sure if more of this is coming. It's an interesting conversation.

I don't mind seeing the pros giving college sports a kick in the behind.

Reaction Score
Interesting story. Its not really about Cronin.

We've had some discussions about what it means to commit to a scholarship. Getting paid vs developing in college. We have a few opinions on the subject. I'm not sure if more of this is coming. It's an interesting conversation.

I don't mind seeing the pros giving college sports a kick in the behind.

Cronin has never had some kind of adversity that was his own fault. The man complains about everything. Remember when he lost to us and complained than Oriakhi(?) touched the net? Or when Jalen "traveled" on his game winner? He's classless.

The G-League is a great option for kids that have no desire to go to college. Move on Mick.

Reaction Score
Cronin has never had some kind of adversity that was his own fault. The man complains about everything. Remember when he lost to us and complained than Oriakhi(?) touched the net? Or when Jalen "traveled" on his game winner? He's classless.

The G-League is a great option for kids that have no desire to go to college. Move on Mick.
I agree with everything he said. It's really lame that a G League team would be recruiting a kid like that who is already committed and 18 year olds should be allowed to be drafted. The G League sucks, no reason to have top high school kids going there instead of college or the NBA.

Reaction Score
It's basically what happened with Andrew Bynum. We all got over it. (Although Calhoun was pissed at the time).

Reaction Score
It's basically what happened with Andrew Bynum. We all got over it. (Although Calhoun was pissed at the time).
He felt misled by Phil Jackson.

Reaction Score
Part of me sympathizes with Cronin, but it's not like what the G League did is tampering or anything like that. When you recruit a player, you give them your best pitch.

The G League's pitch was hey, you'll get paid and you can't be sure if there will be even be a NCAA season so come play with us. That was back in April 2020...a very fair pitch, IMO.

Nix wanted the $$$ and was convinced that the G-League insured him a higher chance of playing and showcasing his abilities, all fair opinions for a kid who sounds like didn't want to spend more than a year in college anyways.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's really lame that a G League team would be recruiting a kid like that who is already committed
Why?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The G league sucks. Admittedly, I base that on attending one game. W's and L's don't matter. The coaches don't coach to win the game, they coach to allocate minutes. The score whipsaws depending those in the game at the time. It's horrible basketball. I think you need to be a adult to get better there. College is the better first step.

Reaction Score
I kinda agree with the midget. The fact that nix was signed and sealed and the G League was still able to “recruit” and woo the kid is definitely messed up and something definitely should be done to address that. No reason for a kid to sign a NLI and the Ignite program can still communicate with and sign him to a contract, ruins the heck outta the college game

Reaction Score
Never watched and have rarely heard the name Jalen Or Kuminga all year long. Cade & Mobley have been featured on national broadcast games & frequently featured on ESPN, fox sports, etc. If you can’t recruit using the national recognition pitch and can’t sell a kid on a staying with his NLOI versus playing in a community college gym, shame on you.

Reaction Score
Never watched and have rarely heard the name Jalen Or Kuminga all year long. Cade & Mobley have been featured on national broadcast games & frequently featured on ESPN, fox sports, etc. If you can’t recruit using the national recognition pitch and can’t sell a kid on a staying with his NLOI versus playing in a community college gym, shame on you.

that’s not going to make an iota of difference in terms of where any of those guys get drafted. GMs don’t give a ___ if a kid plays on ESPN.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It’s simple Nix liked the offer the g-league made for his talents better than the offer UCLA made him. ...and Mick’s feelings are hurt.

Reaction Score
The notion these kids benefit from the G league is a joke. They make a little coin in exchange for forgoing a college degree that otherwise opens the door to a lifetime of employability and exposure to a socially diverse environment that builds interpersonal skills. Only a small few will make it out of the NBAs farm system. The rest head into the rest of life with a high school diploma and no avenue back to school. Really sad and abusive.

Reaction Score
The notion these kids benefit from the G league is a joke. They make a little coin in exchange for forgoing a college degree that otherwise opens the door to a lifetime of employability and exposure to a socially diverse environment that builds interpersonal skills. Only a small few will make it out of the NBAs farm system. The rest head into the rest of life with a high school diploma and no avenue back to school. Really sad and abusive.
The G League Ignite is a different animal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom