3. Stanford
4. Baylor
5. Maryland
6. Louisville
7. Indiana
8. NC State
9. Iowa
10. Oregon

I'd probably go Stanford, UCONN, South Carolina, NC State, Maryland, Baylor, Louisville, Oregon, Iowa, Indiana.

Pending further transfer developments.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oregon at #10? After a 15-9 season, and with only 1 top-100 recruit coming in? Is Sabrina coming back?

UCLA and Arizona completely unranked? Adia Barnes's middle fingers will have something to say about that, and Cori Close will join her, I'm sure. The Pac gets four teams into the Sweet-16 every gosh-darn year, and Creme can only find three teams in it worth ranking?

Reaction Score
Oregon at #10? After a 15-9 season, and with only 1 top-100 recruit coming in? Is Sabrina coming back?

UCLA and Arizona completely unranked? Adia Barnes's middle fingers will have something to say about that, and Cori Close will join her, I'm sure. The Pac gets four teams into the Sweet-16 every gosh-darn year, and Creme can only find three teams in it worth ranking?
Charlie has a mind like a computer.

They do have raw talent though.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Arizona loses McDonald. Will they be a top 10 team without her?

Reaction Score
UConn should be #1 imo. UConn, Stanford, SC, Baylor were pretty close this year. UConn is adding a lot, so is South Carolina. I think Fudd puts UConn ahead. Plus UConn has the best player in the country. I'm going with Creme's top 6 then Iowa. I think Indiana is overrated.

I can see Oregon being a top 10 team if Boley stays. They made it to the S16 without Paopao, they also lost to Stanford by just 2 in February.

Arizona is probably not even a top 25 team next year without McDonald. UConn just played an awful game against them.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
UConn should be #1 imo. UConn, Stanford, SC, Baylor were pretty close this year. UConn is adding a lot, so is South Carolina. I think Fudd puts UConn ahead. Plus UConn has the best player in the country. I'm going with Creme's top 6 then Iowa. I think Indiana is overrated.

I can see Oregon being a top 10 team if Boley stays. They made it to the S16 without Paopao, they also lost to Stanford by just 2 in February.

Arizona is probably not even a top 25 team next year without McDonald. UConn just played an awful game against them.
And I hate to admit this but AZ seemed to have a pretty good game plan and executed it pretty well. And, as you stated, it was an awful UConn game overall.

But next year, well, the sky's the limit.

Reaction Score
Both seniors for Oregon are gone. Both are premium academic students. Lydia Giomi 6’6” sub was born in Spain and expects to play in Europe with dual citizenship for a few years. Boley is not putting her name in for the WNBA not Because she is returning but is moving on in her life. A design major she will do just fine in private sector.

Ducks add 6’1” (i.e.5’11”) guard Taylor Bigby and 6’8”Canadian Phillipina Kyei.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think there should be Co #1's between UConn and So Carolina. Both teams will be loaded and I'm not sure who will have the better Roster. So Carolina loses Lele Grissett who was a role player only averaging 4.2 points per game and bring in four highly rated recruits. UConn loses Anna Makarut to transfer and brings in three highly rated recruits. I didn't see Anna getting major minutes with Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme being added to the roster. So Carolina might just have the tie breakers in Aliyah Boston and in Point Guard position. UConn looks like they will have the better shooters and So Carolina might have a more versatile lineup. Won't know until both teams actually take the floor next year.

Reaction Score
I think there should be Co #1's between UConn and So Carolina. Both teams will be loaded and I'm not sure who will have the better Roster. So Carolina loses Lele Grissett who was a role player only averaging 4.2 points per game and bring in four highly rated recruits. UConn loses Anna Makarut to transfer and brings in three highly rated recruits. I didn't see Anna getting major minutes with Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme being added to the roster. So Carolina might just have the tie breakers in Aliyah Boston and in Point Guard position. UConn looks like they will have the better shooters and So Carolina might have a more versatile lineup. Won't know until both teams actually take the floor next year.
The difference between the two is very small. At this time I would pick UConn #1 because Westbrook is coming back. UConn is far superior in the backcourt and the outstanding talent of Boston doesn't compensate for that.

Reaction Score

I actually think Oregon could win the Pac-12 and I also think they're a top-10 team. I mean, they got to the S16 without their best player and floor general. They have a lot of great young talent, Pao-Pao will be the best PG in the conference, they have size, outside shooting, and Graves is a great coach.

Reaction Score
I’ll be curious to see how the departure of Boley changes the team. Oregon has some very good pieces, just needs to put them together.

Reaction Score
The difference between the two is very small. At this time I would pick UConn #1 because Westbrook is coming back. UConn is far superior in the backcourt and the outstanding talent of Boston doesn't compensate for that.
If South Carolina gets a full year of tournament Cooke plus contributions from the freshmen it should be fine in the backcourt.

That said, we're all whistling down the lane hoping Fudd isn't better than Bueckers and the thing isn't academic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ll be curious to see how the departure of Boley changes the team. Oregon has some very good pieces, just needs to put them together.
Wait-I thought I saw that Boley was coming back. No? I didn't think this would be a good destination for Makurat, but if Boley isn't coming back, she could fill that void.

Reaction Score
Wait-I thought I saw that Boley was coming back. No? I didn't think this would be a good destination for Makurat, but if Boley isn't coming back, she could fill that void.

Boley retired I think.

Makurat is not anywhere near as good.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I like Destani Henderson and Incoming recruit Raven Johnson at the Point Guard position over Nika Muhl. UConn won't have a quick/athletic point guard that can get to the Rim. On the UConn Roster it appears that only Christyn Willaims has the ability to get to the Rim and create her own shot. We'll have to see if Azzi Fudd can reclaim that skill once she is completely recovered from her injuries. However from what I've seen on video, Azzi's best strength is her outside shooting ability.

Also UConn doesn't have a defender that can completely shot down quick athletic guards/wings. UConn relies on Team Defense to shut down players Sometimes team Defense is enough but other times like Aari McDonald and Chelses Dungee proved this year you need a shut down defender to stop a player. Who is that player on UConn?

I'm not saying UConn is doomed as they should be one of the Favorites for next years National Championship. However, so should So Carolina. Two Talented Teams that should be in next years Final Four.

If South Carolina gets a full year of tournament Cooke plus contributions from the freshmen it should be fine in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
Boley retired I think.

Makurat is not anywhere near as good.

Correct. Boley is riding off into the sunset, opted to not go for the draft. She’s “retired.”

Reaction Score
UCONN is not "far superior" in the backcourt when compared to South Carolina. Zia Cooke and Destanni Henderson are a fantastic backcourt.

Reaction Score
Cooke ended the postseason on a heater but was still pretty disappointing overall. Shot under 40% from the field and had more turnovers than assists.

I think Raven Johnson helps narrow the gap somewhat, but I'm taking Bueckers/Fudd/Westbrook/Williams every day over Cooke/Henderson/Johnson/Beal.

Reaction Score
Beyond the top 2 I still see Stanford as a major contender to win again. They lose a lot but still have so much talent.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
UCONN is not "far superior" in the backcourt when compared to South Carolina. Zia Cooke and Destanni Henderson are a fantastic backcourt.
Williams and Bueckers are a far better combo IMO. Cooke is electric but struggles with shot selection and for the most part shot for a poor percentage last year. Henderson is solid when playing well but sometimes strays away from the gameplan and does her own thing which results in bad decisions and turnovers. It's her first year playing point for Dawn so she'll likely improve but I'd take Bueckers and Williams in a heart beat over those 2.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Beyond the top 2 I still see Stanford as a major contender to win again. They lose a lot but still have so much talent.
Is it just Williams they lose? They don't have a great replacement option off the bench but if Wilson returns that'll be a massive boost defensively.

Reaction Score
Cooke ended the postseason on a heater but was still pretty disappointing overall. Shot under 40% from the field and had more turnovers than assists.

I think Raven Johnson helps narrow the gap somewhat, but I'm taking Bueckers/Fudd/Westbrook/Williams every day over Cooke/Henderson/Johnson/Beal.
Can't forget Rivers. I really think the guards are more even then everyone think.

The only knack for SC is.. not having a Kiki type 4. Saxton and Amihere cannot just stretch the floor to give players like Cooke room to drive. Making them struggle in the half court.

Edit. I think Feagan may fit that role. But I'm not gonna be unrealistic. She may/or may not push for huge minutes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom