Creme Bracketology 3/4 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Creme Bracketology 3/4

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
1552080949474.png

Reaction Score
Maybe there is a small difference between playing #120 and #320, but there is zero difference between playing #220 and #320, and that is where the problem is. That Rice could go undefeated in their conference and yet still be a bubble team is bad enough. That UAB could go 24-5 and not even be close to being considered (they are #100) is ridiculous. I'm not saying that UAB belongs over, say, Tennessee. I'm just saying that the RPI, as it stands, is preventing teams like UAB from even getting a look.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think it comes down to how many SEC teams get to the Big Dance. If it’s 6-7, TN may be out. If it’s 8, TN is likely in.

The number of SEC teams in the Big Dance can be affected by upsets in the conference tournaments. For instance, let’s say Depaul upsets Marquette in the Big East. Depaul gets the AQ, but Marquette is nationally ranked, so they will still go, and maybe that means one less SEC team.
The most the SEC will get now is 7. LSU’s RPI is now 81, I’ll bet my pickup that they ain’t getting in. Auburn is very likely in and will be ahead of Tennessee even if they lose badly today to A&M. Tennessee is right near the cut line. A lot will depend on what other bubble teams do and whether any bid stealers emerge from the WCC, the MVC, the Summit, or the MAC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have made the tourny since 1982, a reminder of how much we should appreciate this Uconn run, never in a million years did I think this volunteer program would ever be bad, knew it wouldn't the same without Summit but not like this.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
If tennessee got in over georgia, it would ve a shame because they beat the vols and finished with a 9-7 sec record

Reaction Score
The most the SEC will get now is 7. LSU’s RPI is now 81, I’ll bet my pickup that they ain’t getting in. Auburn is very likely in and will be ahead of Tennessee even if they lose badly today to SC. Tennessee is right near the cut line. A lot will depend on what other bubble teams do and whether any bid stealers emerge from the WCC, the MVC, the Summit, or the MAC.
If you go by the eye test, Tennessee would be out. A win over Texas isn't a big deal, they are a bad team. The Big 12 is a disaster.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If you go by the eye test, Tennessee would be out. A win over Texas isn't a big deal, they are a bad team. The Big 12 is a disaster.

Boy that's for sure. TENN has no business getting an invite. RPI be damned. They are awful.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If tennessee got in over georgia, it would ve a shame because they beat the vols and finished with a 9-7 sec record
This is an excellent example of how conference standings per se are not particularly relevant to NCAA tournament selection, because (a) they reflect less than 60% of the total resume and (b) unbalanced conference schedules distort the comparison. Georgia had a particularly easy SEC schedule in which they played 6 of their 16 conference games against the bottom 4 teams.

The really glaring problem with Georgia’s resume in the committee’s eyes is that their wins over Tennessee, LSU and Arkansas are they closest thing they have to qualify wins. Never mind the fact that their RPI is outside the top 100.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Now this I agree with. I think they look horrible and I personally have to hold my nose when I watch them play.

However, the Texas win is only Tennessee’s second best win. Their best win is the road win at Missouri, and unfortunately, that win just got more valuable today with Mizzou’s win over Kentucky :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom