Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It’s a lot easier to play in your face man defense with Clingan back there to erase anybody who gets by you.

Welcome back Don.

Team is so so loaded. Only thing I’ll say is…

It’s probably a good time to make plans for Phoenix.
Started looking as soon as the game was over.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The only question I have is what up with Samson. I am thinking that Creighton plays basketball and not BE rugby but is that all it was ? He was a totally different player. With his length and quickness he can become and was very disruptive with the high hedges. He is so long and can recover so quickly. It will be interesting too see what happens in the rock fights but anyone playing the high screen game against us may be in for a surprise. We basically took Alexander out of the game with how well our bigs hedged tonight.
Part of that is his having to cover Clingan's minutes if he's the only big. Has to prioritize not fouling, even if he's not good at not fouling.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on the Newton offensive foul? The only recent UConn player I can imagine could be vertical moving into a shot like that is maybe Hawkins. I'm not sure what he was supposed to do.
McDermott called that one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We're winning #6 in the Spring!!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
From my Kansas buddy, "You guys HEALTHY and focused on a neutral court is frightening. Do I think us or maybe Purdue could beat you? Maybe. Once or twice out of ten times."
Your buddy is correct.

Reaction Score
It doesn't seem entirely clear to me that the officials know what they're supposed to be looking for. I certainly don't.
I agree. Newton was moving when he shot and his legs kept going the way he was moving. It was a natural shooting motion. He didn't kick his legs out. NBA refs know how to call that but college refs don't. In the NBA if that was called an offensive foul they would have reviewed the call and reversed it. In general college refs stink compared to NBA refs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
From my Kansas buddy, "You guys HEALTHY and focused on a neutral court is frightening. Do I think us or maybe Purdue could beat you? Maybe. Once or twice out of ten times."
Yeah, I‘m down with that, except weird random stuff happens. Championships are hard because some mediocre dude goes 7-8 from 3 against you. Or your shooters suddenly just miss everything. We’ve seen it.

We are where we need to be. Getting better and focusing on D and Rebounding. Effort never fails you.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That is just un American if true. $2 beers and after tip off you can’t get one. How early before the game did they start serving.
I got in the building at 6:10 and they were out of $2 Miller Lites. Instead they upcharged me a $11 Miller Lite for 4 more oz.

I’m fine with advertising a $2 beer night, but prepare for enough for the whole night. Not 10 minutes. Not sure what AD Dave was thinking here…last year was a mess and still run better.

Reaction Score
I got in the building at 6:10 and they were out of $2 Miller Lites. Instead they upcharged me a $11 Miller Lite for 4 more oz.

I’m fine with advertising a $2 beer night, but prepare for enough for the whole night. Not 10 minutes. Not sure what AD Dave was thinking here…last year was a mess and still run better.
Last year they made it til about half-time which is more than fine. Being sold out before tip off is just not a good look at all

Reaction Score
At one time in the 2nd half, Tristan was at the foul line for the front end of 1-1. It seems he was asking for the ball to take the shot, a few times, actually. What was up with that? Anyone else notice that? He missed the front end.
Ref was just taking a long time to give him the ball for whatever reason (talking to other ref or scorers table I imagine) and he didn’t want to get iced.

Reaction Score
Same percentage but UConn had 18 more shots due to offensive rebounds and Creighton having 7 more turnovers.
Yeah I mentioned that too. Glad for how hard we played but our shooting especially from Newton and Castle has to improve in games were the other team can score against us.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on the Newton offensive foul? The only recent UConn player I can imagine could be vertical moving into a shot like that is maybe Hawkins. I'm not sure what he was supposed to do.
I think on a call like that (which was bogus), they should've counted the shot and then called a foul since it was after he released the shot.

Reaction Score
Already said by everyone else, but I will repeat it. Best defense of the year. Shut down 3, 5 year seniors who are good. Castle was so tremendous against Scheinerman. Best defense of the year.

Reaction Score
I agree. Newton was moving when he shot and his legs kept going the way he was moving. It was a natural shooting motion. He didn't kick his legs out. NBA refs know how to call that but college refs don't. In the NBA if that was called an offensive foul they would have reviewed the call and reversed it. In general college refs stink compared to NBA refs.
Yeah that was a weird to call leg kick out. There was almost none. That ref just blew it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom