Creighton Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_3857.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And, that performance is why we are # 1 even on a tough shooting night.

What a smothering defense. Creighton couldn’t get anything going on offense due to the constant pressure. Much like Kansas did to us except we kept it going pretty much all game.

Clingan doing Clingan things. I haven’t seen the stat yet but I’m guessing we were around +20 while he was on the floor.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I didn’t think Creighton would comeback and win but I was convinced they’d lose by less than 5.5

Reaction Score
That was the best defensive performance of the year. It would be the best performance last year too. That was a top 15 offense and top 20 team that was completely shut down and run out of the gym. They made the final score 'close', but that was a blowout.

My favorite parts -
  • Samson did really well defensively. Whaley-esque hedges and 99% excellent recoveries. Fouled out but he was in there and playing well when it mattered
  • The defense was amazing. With 8 minutes to go they had 30 points on 11-39. Nearly flawless rotations, communication, and most importantly effort
  • Castle's box score was miserable but he was EVERYWHERE. Lockdown defense (I mean lockdown), attacked the boards, and was on top of every 50/50 ball
  • Newton with a quiet 16/7/5/2stl
  • Donovan Clingan really changes a game, doesn't he?
Scheierman 4-11. Trey 3-12. Ashworth 5-15. Defensive masterclass

LET'S GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
Tough few minutes towards the end, but let’s be real, the effort tonight was excellent. Great energy, great pace and an unbelievable defensive effort. I also loved when they praised Luke Murray on the telecast. He’s been great.

Reaction Score
That defensive effort was ridiculous. Maybe the most fun I’ve ever had watching a defense-first rock fight type of game. Castle handling Scheierman. Johnson doing incredibly with the hedging, and the help when he did it was immaculate. Diarra being Diarra… damn. Think we’ll be improving that 41st-ranked D.

And Clingan back and belting some Taylor Swift to boot. Heck of a game!

Reaction Score
Awesome defensive game. Castle shut down Baylor.. Their Big Three could not bring it with our defensive pressure. Great win.

His name is really Baylor? For some reason I thought it was Bailey. What a defensive weapon Castle is. Worth noting that the only three he hit was the one he didn't have time to think about.

Reaction Score
Best defense they've played all season given the opponent. Still not a fan of the way they park the offense when they go up big but the margin would have looked better if Cam and Tristen made about 4-5 of the easy looks they got at the end of the shot clock so no big deal

Reaction Score
That was the best defensive performance of the year. It would be the best performance last year too. That was a top 15 offense and top 20 team that was completely shut down and run out of the gym. They made the final score 'close', but that was a blowout.

My favorite parts -
  • Samson did really well defensively. Whaley-esque hedges and 99% excellent recoveries. Fouled out but he was in there and playing well when it mattered
  • The defense was amazing. With 8 minutes to go they had 30 points on 11-39. Nearly flawless rotations, communication, and most importantly effort
  • Castle's box score was miserable but he was EVERYWHERE. Lockdown defense (I mean lockdown), attacked the boards, and was on top of every 50/50 ball
  • Newton with a quiet 16/7/5/2stl
  • Donovan Clingan really changes a game, doesn't he?
Scheierman 4-11. Trey 3-12. Ashworth 5-15. Defensive masterclass

LET'S GO HUSKIES
Felt like the Gonzaga game last year shutting down a good offensive team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog