Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
One Mort thing.

I have heard it said that the most difficult thing is to beat another Big East team 3 times in a season.

Bring on the Creighton Barrels in the BET.
Didn’t you say that last year?

Reaction Score
You didn't expect to win tonight? Pretty sad that we still haven't beaten Creighton because he's out-coached every time.
If we're not expecting to beat Creighton on the road without their point guard (freshman of the year in Big East) then there's a bit of a problem. I get that they were playing for their lives to get their tournament bid but that's a team with all new players except for Kalkbrenner and O'Connell. We should all expect to win that game.

Reaction Score
So did he make any adjustments in our 5 game winning streak? Or in any of our 21 wins?
UConn is having the same season as 90% of the top 25 maybe 95%. I’m still unsure whether UConn fans watch any non UConn games. Add that to us being in a top 3 conference. It happens. We just lost to a tournament team on the road. After knocking off multiple quality teams prior. Yet Hurley sucks. We need some perspective. We’re still a really good, flawed team. The same team we were after Nova. Breathe.

Like the entire top 10 has been losing for 2 weeks now lol
The same people who were in here a month ago saying Hurley stinks and we’re close to the bubble are now complaining because we didn’t go on a 7 game winning steak to end the season.

Reaction Score
UConn is having the same season as 90% of the top 25 maybe 95%. I’m still unsure whether UConn fans watch any non UConn games. Add that to us being in a top 3 conference. It happens. We just lost to a tournament team on the road. After knocking off multiple quality teams prior. Yet Hurley sucks. We need some perspective. We’re still a really good, flawed team. The same team we were after Nova. Breathe.

Like the entire top 10 has been losing for 2 weeks now lol
This^^ Can we please remember top 25 teams lose all the time - we were on the road vs a tournament team. Every time we lose it can’t be “sky is falling, Hurley sucks”. Win Saturday, handle next Thursday, and we are a 4 or 5 seed. Continued progress. Now if we lose in the first round, I’ll be worried with the rest of you. But things are getting better.

Reaction Score
Yeah it really is as simple as playing zone until someone else beats you IMO. Nobody else had it going for them in the second half. Kind of embarrassing as a coach to get burned that way that many times in a row in the clutch while you sit on your hands. Learning experience
It would be a learning experience if he actually learned from it. But he won’t. He will NEVER play a zone. Ever. If the first Seton Hall game didn’t teach you that, nothing ever will.

Reaction Score
I might have to give Kimani the credit for that Nova game. Not sure Hurley would have had Polley in the game at the end
Great take. Keep them coming. I’m sure Hurley won’t be able to get over losing your credit, ArizonaHsky.

Reaction Score
A positive is it looks like polleys stroke has returned and he has been showing some late game stones recently. We are going to need them.
Strongly agree. My only problem is that they simply aren’t running enough plays for him. He needed to take 6+ shots tonight. He outscored Jackson on a third of the shots AJ took.

Reaction Score
Need Polley or Hawk to start for Ajax just for an offensive threat in first few minutes
I have been saying this for 20 games. Do NOT expect it to change

Reaction Score
Creighton is definitely in their heads. No reason to have lost either game, but when you fail to execute and make losing plays, losing happens.

They are becoming my least favorite just for the simple fact we haven’t beaten them. Not winning without their starting PG either isn’t the best feeling.

Oh well, we’ve seen that type of performance performance plenty this year, hopefully it’s the last
There absolutely was a reason. They played smarter and with more discipline. They probably talk enough to keep guys from getting coldcocked on screens too. They had more than 1 shooter too.

Reaction Score
1st half killed us. Hurley's got to fix our lack of offensive firepower to open up games.

Whaley and Martin are slow to get started and AJ well he's just not offensively ready unless you put him at point guard.
Hawkins from creighton is my favorite player not in a husky uniform. Does it all. What stinks is the shaft we got from this weeks ranking and now we will drop to 22.

Reaction Score
I think it’s funny that people like you think Kimani, Tom and Luke sit on the bench with duct tape over their mouths, not allowed to coach.

Hurley is the head coach and the buck stops with him but we have a very active coaching staff down the line. They are coaching all game if you pay attention to the sideline and huddles. If you are going to go at Hurley, you have to include the whole staff in your critiques.

Otherwise you just come off like you have an axe to grind against Hurley. Do better.
Truth is Hurley’s biggest win wasn’t his. He repeatedly shows he can’t adjust for crap, and don’t think for a second he isn’t calling the shots. They may be coaching the players but they aren’t calling the game and making decisions. Tonight was classic Hurley failure to adjust and sticking to a failing game plan defensively and offensively.

Reaction Score
There absolutely was a reason. They played smarter and with more discipline. They probably talk enough to keep guys from getting coldcocked on screens too. They had more than 1 shooter too.
Bingo. Sanogo stood there just over half court and watched the screen develop. I was waiting for him to scream out to Hawk. Nothing. Players call out screens all the time. Gotta do better to protect your teammate.

Reaction Score
Losing 5 in a row to a team we should be much better than is a problem.
More entitlement. Why should we be MUCH better than Creighton? 2 years ago we were a middling AAC team. Eventually in the long run yeah, we should be better than Creighton. Some teams give you more headaches than others for a variety of reasons. Marquette probably feels the same about us this year. That's how sports work sometimes.

Reaction Score
People: If we beat DePaul we get the 3-seed.

But if Seton Hall beats Creighton, Creighton is 6 and plays us Thursday.

Edit: My bad. If both UConn and Creighton win, they get the 3-seed. Quite frankly I'd rather play Marquette on Thursday than Creighton.
Doesnt Hall have 8 losses and Creighton only 6. So I think we would play Hall if this plays out

Reaction Score
I might have to give Kimani the credit for that Nova game. Not sure Hurley would have had Polley in the game at the end
He would have had him in sooner. It was the one complaint both me and several others had about Kimani after the Nova game.

Reaction Score
Losing 5 in a row to a team we should be much better than is a problem.
Creighton was selected 2nd in the preseason rankings last year. We were 4th. Stop acting like we lost to some bottom feeder. They were expected to be a better team and ultimately showed it.

Does it suck to get swept by them this year, ofcourse. Tonight’s game, much like the 1st game at home, was frustrating to say the least. We clearly lack shooters and McDermott coached with that in mind. Let’s learn from it and move on.

Reaction Score
He plays too much. Polley or Hawkins needs to start.
His liability on the offensive end far outweighs his defensive value.
Polley and martin went a combined 7 for 10 while jackson went 2 for 9

Can’t happen
This is just so damn obvious that everyone sees it except the one guy that can do something about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom