Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Alexander III wasn’t pressured enough during this game. We have too many guys that are offensively challenged.

Having Whaley and AJ on the floor at the same time limits what we can do on offense. Tonight it stood out, its up to DH to change. Sanogo hedging hurt tonight. Creighton 4 of 12 from three, but 100% on dunks. Throw a little zone at them. Whaley and Jackson were 3 of 15, and 1 of 9 from three. On this night playing them together is not a good idea.

Reaction Score
We team fought back from being down 16 on the road despite Hawkins/ Sanogo/ Martin all getting injured early.

A big loss to Creighton would have been very bad for our NCAA seeding. Happy the team fought hard and avoided that outcome at least.

Reaction Score
What worries me more than this loss and the rest of the obvious (0-5, creighton fans with their fugly cheerleaders - gloating) is:

1. McD puts together a great gameplan on tape for other coaches to expose our weaknesses and game plan well
2. Ending up on the 4 line and trying to beat (probably) a well-coached Marquette team 3x in a season in game 1 quarterfinals
3. Being on the wrong side of the bracket in the BET. I'm not convinced providence is the easier path to cutting down the nets. Despite our lack yearning for a rematch I'm not sure it's the better matchup.
4. Injuries - what kind of witch hexes were placed on us in that 5 min stretch.
5. Getting dunked on. Gives me PSTD from the KO era. What has happened with our defense during the last 2/3 of play.

Edit: Injuries, how that voodoo wackness affects us going forward.

Reaction Score
Our shooting is fine, it certainly isn't why we lost.
Well Jackson and Whaley just entered the chat.
Hope we dont see them in the tourney. Horrible match up for us. They will win99% of the time
the thing is it’s not a horrible match up. They just had a much better game plan.

Reaction Score
It is kind of funny how hurleys biggest win of his career had him sitting in the locker room for more than half the game and then we follow it up with this performance.
I think it’s funny that people like you think Kimani, Tom and Luke sit on the bench with duct tape over their mouths, not allowed to coach.

Hurley is the head coach and the buck stops with him but we have a very active coaching staff down the line. They are coaching all game if you pay attention to the sideline and huddles. If you are going to go at Hurley, you have to include the whole staff in your critiques.

Otherwise you just come off like you have an axe to grind against Hurley. Do better.

Reaction Score
AJ's offense or lack of is a killer ( besides Sanogo's forces when he's double and triple teamed) and I think McDermott knows it. The kid should never take over 5 shots a game unless they're wide open lay-ups. 0-6 on 3's ( yeah he thought 6 heaves was a good idea, SMH !) ...Allowing him any shot he wants and 9 FGA's (made 2) was probably by design. Last time AJ took over 6 shots was a loss too. When he hoisted up 11 (he made 2 that night too) vs. you guessed it Creighton.

He plays too much. Polley or Hawkins needs to start.
His liability on the offensive end far outweighs his defensive value.
Polley and martin went a combined 7 for 10 while jackson went 2 for 9

Can’t happen

Reaction Score
After 5 straight wins, it took a 2 point loss on the road(with injuries and foul trouble)to a team that has as many conference wins as us and has traditionally given us trouble for people to revert back to Hurley is a bum and we stink out loud. So predictable too.
Injuries and foul trouble, here we go. They didn't have their PG. O-5 last 2 seasons, no excuse

Reaction Score
What worries me more than this loss and the rest of the obvious (0-5, creighton fans with their fugly cheerleaders - gloating) is:

1. McD puts together a great gameplan on tape for other coaches to expose our weaknesses and game plan well
2. Ending up on the 4 line and trying to beat (probably) a well-coached Marquette team 3x in a season in game 1 quarterfinals
3. Being on the wrong side of the bracket in the BET. I'm not convinced providence is the easier path to cutting down the nets. Despite our lack yearning for a rematch I'm not sure it's the better matchup.
5. Getting dunked on. Gives me PSTD from the KO era. What has happened with our defense during the last 2/3 of play.
Counterpoint to #1, this is the same exact thing everyone said after the first Creighton game. And then what happened, we rolled off our best stretch of the season

Reaction Score

With all that being said, I would not be surprised if Seton Hall beats Creighton and we end up number #3 anyway

Reaction Score
UConn is having the same season as 90% of the top 25 maybe 95%. I’m still unsure whether UConn fans watch any non UConn games. Add that to us being in a top 3 conference. It happens. We just lost to a tournament team on the road. After knocking off multiple quality teams prior. Yet Hurley sucks. We need some perspective. We’re still a really good, flawed team. The same team we were after Nova. Breathe.

Like the entire top 10 has been losing for 2 weeks now lol

Reaction Score
Counterpoint to #1, this is the same exact thing everyone said after the first Creighton game. And then what happened, we rolled off our best stretch of the season
Which 1st point. The fugly cheerleaders or the game plan?

Or were we so distracted by that that it affects point number 1.

Reaction Score

I agree. I would never guard Whaley and Jackson from 3. Ever.

Also, Providence is very good. They remind me of our old teams. 2 guards who can handle and make plays and Bynum is a 46 percent from 3. They have a guard in Reeves who can just hang threes from anywhere. A very good big man when he isnt being lazy. Also a great one on one defender in Minaya. Oh let’s not forget a Keukler who leads BE in rebounding and can bang threes had 5 against Nova. They are tough and no how to win.

Reaction Score
Which 1st point. The fugly cheerleaders or the game plan?

Or were we so distracted by that that it affects point number 1.
The game plan/tape on how to beat UConn that you labeled #1

Reaction Score
Why would you expect to win with a coach as bad as you think Hurley is? Jesus your bitching and moaning doesn’t even make sense.
I'd expect us to not keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result against a team that regularly catches us unprepared. It's ridiculous that it happens every time and we haven't adjusted. Hurley is great at some things, but coaching during the game isn't one of them. Zero adjustments.

Reaction Score
I'd expect us to not keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result against a team that regularly catches us unprepared. It's ridiculous that it happens every time and we haven't adjusted. Hurley is great at some things, but coaching during the game isn't one of them. Zero adjustments.
So did he make any adjustments in our 5 game winning streak? Or in any of our 21 wins?

Reaction Score
Creighton looked like a pretty good team, and they started out hot- even UConn coming back like they did, Creighton never lost the lead and played good enough to win. UConn just ran out of gas, but what a game by RJ!

Reaction Score
Injuries and foul trouble, here we go. They didn't have their PG. O-5 last 2 seasons, no excuse
We lost by two. They have our number a bit. So what. Styles make fights. My larger point is we just won 5 in a row with some good coaching and overall team improvement. Unless you think we are entitled to win every game, one 2 point road loss doesn't undo everything we have accomplished the last 3 weeks.

Reaction Score
So did he make any adjustments in our 5 game winning streak? Or in any of our 21 wins?
I might have to give Kimani the credit for that Nova game. Not sure Hurley would have had Polley in the game at the end

Reaction Score
I might have to give Kimani the credit for that Nova game. Not sure Hurley would have had Polley in the game at the end
He had Polley in at the end tonight. Go to bed.

Reaction Score
We lost by two. They have our number a bit. So what. Styles make fights. My larger point is we just won 5 in a row with some good coaching and overall team improvement. Unless you think we are entitled to win every game, one 2 point road loss doesn't undo everything we have accomplished the last 3 weeks.
Losing 5 in a row to a team we should be much better than is a problem.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They have UConn number plain and simple. The first half was a disaster

Need to get this monkey off the back maybe the Big East tourney

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members